Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

14 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Good you got it ppf'd. Really can't tell there's a film on it with the optical clarity. Put that film on my new headlights and can't tell. 

If you zoom in on the bottom photo you can just about make out the cut out around the bonnet catch. But yes, I'm quite impressed with the XPEL film.

• Like 1

I do like watching my favourite film (Flight) and enjoying a week day evening knowing I'm not working tomorrow :wink:

On the downside I've got a busy day tomorrow and it is meant to be fairly "dreich" but that's all good.  My skin has suffered enough from UV rays over the last week!!

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like watching my favourite film (Flight) and enjoying a week day evening knowing I'm not working tomorrow :wink:

Is that the one where he's a drunk and drugged up pilot?

For those that don't speak jockinese-

Dreich - Wet, dull, gloomy, dismal, dreary or any combination of these. Scottish weather at its most miserable.

Rule of thumb is-

If you can't see the mountains then it's raining.

If you can see the mountains then it's about to rain.

[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Dreich - Wet, dull, gloomy, dismal, dreary or any combination of these. Scottish weather at its most miserable.

Otherwise known as........normal 😄

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Turvey said:

True, but the amount of moaning going on on various FB groups led me to believe that everyone had at least an artic load of grass cuttings to get rid of! 😄

They've closed the road outside our local tip for the last 2 weeks since it opened!  Means I can't use my usual backroad rat-run and have to go the proper way, wasting fuel and negotiating all the fools that can't understand dual carriageway roundabouts. :rolleyes:

Roadworks checker says it'll be open again from Friday but we'll see... :unsure: 

6 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

For those that don't speak jockinese-

Rule of thumb is-

If you can't see the mountains then it's raining.

If you can see the mountains then it's about to rain.

emoji1787.png

aa33dc9faa234a482c538d96b87ea615.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Is that the one where he's a drunk and drugged up pilot?

That would be the one! :laugh:

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Otherwise known as........normal 😄

Yep!! :sad:

16 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

That would be the one! :laugh:

I watch it a couple of times a year when it's on either amazon or Netflix. 

7 hours ago, Nick Y said:

I watch it a couple of times a year when it's on either Amazon or Netflix. 

Yeah it's a good movie, completely unrealistic (or at least I hope so!) but well made.  Trying to decide what to watch tonight now...

Yeah it's a good movie, completely unrealistic (or at least I hope so!) but well made.  Trying to decide what to watch tonight now...

How about Non-Stop with Liam Neeson?  Or Snakes on a Plane?  Or Con Air?  Does it have to be aeroplane related? :biggrin:

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

How about Non-Stop with Liam Neeson?  Or Snakes on a Plane?  Or Con Air?  Does it have to be aeroplane related? :biggrin:

On amazon there's quite a few airplane related movies and also documentaries. Some of the films are low budget but worth watching. 
One of my favourites on amazon is called Freefall: Flight 174 and based on the true story of the Gimli glider where the plane ran out of fuel and had to glide over a long distance.

• Like 1

If we're recommending plane themed programmes etc we're watching Manifest on Now/Sky just now, a bit weird, kinda like Lost but hopefully without the whole 'Everyone was dead all along' ending. 

Flight 93, Passenger 57 and of course Airplane!

• Like 2

You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.

A hospital? What is it?

It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now!

Classic! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I watched Con Air with my friends the other night (with friends via Zoom) for the purposes of listening to the How Did This Get Made podcast after. It’s such a crazy film...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Turvey said:

You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.

A hospital? What is it?

It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now!

Classic! 😄

I love that film!  Great classic comedy.

Can't beat a good spoof movie.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Turvey said:

If we're recommending plane themed programmes etc we're watching Manifest on Now/Sky just now, a bit weird, kinda like Lost but hopefully without the whole 'Everyone was dead all along' ending. 

Ah yes I saw that come up a while ago but never watched it, might give it a go!  I never did watch "Lost" but thanks for spoiling the ending for me :laugh:

• Haha 2

I do like getting my kitchen and bathroom cleaned, and vacuuming the floors!  Nothing but rain and grey clouds outside so better to get busy inside than sit doing nothing, although I'm turning the television on now so a few hours of "nothing" is about to commence!! :laugh:

• Like 2

Tried watching Manifest and binned it half way through the season- It's absolute bobbins.

1 minute ago, Stoney871 said:

Tried watching Manifest and binned it half way through the season- It's absolute bobbins.

That's the thing though programmes like that are subjective.  I've recommended a few that I was absolutely glued to and the people who watched them said they couldn't get past the first 2 episodes yet I was enthralled!

• Like 1

When your bored at home so try doing something 😂. Really love the lights. I got a spare halo light autobeam sent me as this one in the picture you can see a part stopped working. 

Screenshot_20200604-174432.png

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club