Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Regarding toolboxes, apart from the two cheap roller cabinets, I have a pair of the Fatmax ones, Given to me over the years. The small one has general tools, the big one contains a trolley jack, two hydraulic ones and four axle stands. It takes some lifting. The firm I work for threw out a load of yellow Pelicases with holes drilled in them for sockets, these were easily filled with scraps laser cut from another one and now contain lots more tools. . I probably have nearly enough.

• Like 1

The choice has been made a bit more difficult by the prices. 

16" - £16

19" - £27

Price wasn't really a consideration, but an extra tenner for another 3 inches doesn't seem good value...  Now wondering if 16" would be enough. :unsure:

I'd pay extra tenner for 3 more inches. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

A freshly valeted car , washed and waxed and vacuumed to inches of it's life with a *pleasant air freshener . Mine's overdue , shock horror ! 

*Where are they all gone ? 

• Like 1

I do like that on getting my electricity bill today (wait for it...) there was a line entitled, "Energy Price Guarantee" and a discount applied of 19.91p applied for every KwH!

I have celebrated by turning on a toastie oil filled radiator to heat up my living room...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I do like that on getting my electricity bill today (wait for it...) there was a line entitled, "Energy Price Guarantee" and a discount applied of 19.91p applied for every KwH!

I have celebrated by turning on a toastie oil filled radiator to heat up my living room...

Indeed, it annoyed me that the gas fire was lit up for a couple of hours because a friend was visiting over Christmas 😂

13 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Indeed, it annoyed me that the gas fire was lit up for a couple of hours because a friend was visiting over Christmas 😂

And there was no heating gaurantee surcharge invoiced to your visitors?? 

19 minutes ago, williamweb said:

I remember when we first got a phone in the 60s, it was quite acceptable to have a money box for donations beside it should the neighbours want to use it! LOL

23 minutes ago, iantt said:

And there was no heating gaurantee surcharge invoiced to your visitors?? 

I think next time we’ll ask them not to take their jackets off 😂Do you think i could get away with it? After all we only been friends for over fifty years.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, williamweb said:

I think next time we’ll ask them not to take their jackets off 😂Do you think i could get away with it? After all we only been friends for over fifty years.

if theyre not stopping yep leave coats on

Surely they get the hint when your sat in the dark with your coat on.  worked for me when I bought my first house. 

• Haha 1

I still like a lot my E120 Hatchback Corolla that i sold 2 years ago...

I miss a lot my little Japanese...

No oil consumption...

No timebelt but chain...

Zero engine noise...

Cheap Toyota oil 10w-40 semisynthetic...

Cheap spare parts in general...

100hp and beautifully sounded after 4.200 rpm...

Diesels now are such a failure...

I already miss petrol engines...

F...ing EGRs and DPFs...

• Like 2

MOT passed today no advisories so I decided to treat her to a space saver spare instead of the puncture repair kit.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KenM said:

MOT passed today no advisories so I decided to treat her to a space saver spare instead of the puncture repair kit.

You're spoiling her, I got mine a new air freshener LOL

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad view and 24c today. Found out yesterday that the beach at bottom of hotel is clothing optional beach. Bits hanging out by  mainly old wrinkly pensioners. 

IMG-20230113-WA0000.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, iantt said:

Not a bad view and 24c today. Found out yesterday that the beach at bottom of hotel is clothing optional beach. Bits hanging out by  mainly old wrinkly pensioners. 

Now, aren't you only back from a sunny break, or am I thinking of someone else? LOL

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Now, aren't you only back from a sunny break, or am I thinking of someone else? LOL

Not me, must be someone else. I haven't been anywhere sunny since last year. 

7 minutes ago, iantt said:

Not me, must be someone else. I haven't been anywhere sunny since last year. 

mmm... last year was 3 weeks ago LOL Enjoy the sun buddy, it's -2c here right now! bbrrr...

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, iantt said:

IMG-20230113-WA0000.jpeg

I have 10 days holiday left from last yr but have to use them before end ov March......its either a stay at home or long haul in which neither really tick any boxes.....any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated but bear in mind it's been  Morocco for the last decade 🙄

4 hours ago, StephenFord said:

mmm... last year was 3 weeks ago LOL Enjoy the sun buddy, it's -2c here right now! bbrrr...

Might not enjoy the hol for much longer, my partner has become ill. Not from eating dodgy food either. Saw drs this morning. The bill was painfull . If she doesn't get any better, we will come home weds instead of sat. I've already booked a flight weds just incase. 

• Sad 5

Like test driving this ford ranger. Felt a little like driving a monster truck 😅. Dad is changing the front abs sensor and glow plugs on this.

Scary thing is one got stolen at the end of my road a few days ago. CCTV footage the neirbour shared looked like the stupid thiefs somehow unlocked the door and within a minute started it and drove off. Very likely it was keyless entry. Dad's friends ranger here isn't keyless entry so should hopefully be safe from this low lifes

IMG_20230119_144237_7.jpg

13 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Like test driving this ford ranger. Felt a little like driving a monster truck 😅. Dad is changing the front abs sensor and glow plugs on this.

Scary thing is one got stolen at the end of my road a few days ago. CCTV footage the neirbour shared looked like the stupid thiefs somehow unlocked the door and within a minute started it and drove off. Very likely it was keyless entry. Dad's friends ranger here isn't keyless entry so should hopefully be safe from this low lifes

has your dad done Glow plugs on a ranger before? Not a 5 min job on those. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zain611 said:

Disklok?

• Like 1

Hidden fuel pump switch. It can disable the relay and doesn't need to be high current so could be a reed switch, worked by a magnet. (if you can do without a USB port, it could be made to accept a fake memory stick that closes the relay feed when inserted.)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club