Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

1 minute ago, Wino said:

.........apart from whether the car will start after being left in Manchester for a week 🤔

Have I told you about a lovely little battery charger from Maypole?? :laugh: :laugh:

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Have I told you about a lovely little battery charger from Maypole?? :laugh: :laugh:

I looked for a plug socket in the multi storey car park but couldn't find one 😄 it's on level 3 and nr the exit ramp so perhaps the mrs could give it a shove and burn some calories off at the same time 😆

• Haha 1

Lad at work been taking the ***** out of my choice of car . Electric cars catch fire bla blah blah. Then a couple of cars burnt to the ground on a housing estate a few days ago. Of course it must have been an electric one  but he couldn't recognise what was left to identify make let alone the fuel type.  

Then karma happened tonight on his way home in his Audi diesel. 

Screenshot_20221104-182140.png

• Sad 1

Gretta will have a melt down if she sees that 🤣

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, unofix said:

Gretta will have a melt down if she sees that 🤣

Sshhh... don't mention, 'melting', she'll only start whinging about the darn polar ice caps agan!

9 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Sshhh... don't mention, 'melting', she'll only start whinging about the darn polar ice caps agan!

What polar ice caps? Thought they already melted from all the co2 that was generated making my battery 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Was told just before I left work tonight that everyone in the company is getting £250 Tesco voucher shorty to help out over Xmas. That was a nice gesture considering there's a huge amount of employees at various sites thought the UK and channel  islands. Hate think what that cost. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iantt said:

That was a nice gesture considering there's a huge amount of employees at various sites thought the UK

Any job vacancies ? 😉

Yeah, lots. But not in your area I dont think . Easy money where I am. 

On 11/4/2022 at 9:34 AM, StephenFord said:

Not required 😝 Surprise surprise it started no issues whatsoever 👍

1 hour ago, Wino said:

Not required 😝 Surprise surprise it started no issues whatsoever 👍

I'm more surprised it was still there after you gave away it's exact location on a public forum. :laugh:

On 11/8/2022 at 9:41 AM, StephenFord said:

I'd missed that as well! Damn, I'd just signed up for an EV on the strength of shopping at Tesco.**

Bit more about it here, I see they've also increased the charges for those chargers that were chargeable  (quite a tongue twister): https://www.grocerygazette.co.uk/2022/11/01/tesco-electric-vehicle-charges/

** Just kidding, folks!

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

...Bit more about it here, I see they've also increased the charges for those chargers that were chargeable 

Oh dear, re Tesco fees, "Income from the new fees will help “fund and expand the network,” with PodPoint expected to meet its target of installing charging at 600 Tesco stores by spring 2023..."

That's just like 'road tax' was meant to be when introduced in 1920, a government ring fenced amount to be spent on infra structure. (instead of the generic government tax income it morphed in to)

I can see the future LOL

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

That's just like 'road tax' was meant to be when introduced in 1920, a government ring fenced amount to be spent on infra structure. (instead of the generic government tax income it morphed in to)

Perhaps they had to change the system because no-one can spell hypothecation these days?

2 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Perhaps they had to change the system because no-one can spell hypothecation these days?

I had to look that up! LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Tesco fees, "Income from the new fees will help “fund and expand the network,”

You can trust Tesco , "Every little helps" 🤣

I would hazard a guess that free/reduced cost EV charging at any supermarket could end up as a perk for those signing up to the reward scheme, i.e., Clubcard+ in Tesco's example which is already a monthly premium.

I do like that 'Holiday Mode' has been activated! 😎

0835 flight tomorrow morning Kirkwall to Edinburgh, 2 buses to Glasgow airport. Overnight stay in airport hotel tomorrow night and 0900 flight out to Malaga Saturday morning for (hopefully 🤞) a week in the sun to celebrate Mrs Turvey's 50th birthday in Benalmadena 🍾🍻🥂 

Stay tuned for beer and food pics overload! 😀

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Turvey said:

...a week in the sun to celebrate Mrs Turvey's 50th birthday in Benalmadena...

Have they now abandoned all those nonsense Covid restrictions? (mask etc...)

10 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Have they now abandoned all those nonsense Covid restrictions? (mask etc...)

Masks to be worn on public transport including taxis but no entry requirements regarding injections etc and AFAIK no heat scanning at airport when you arrive 👍

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I do like that 'Holiday Mode' has been activated! 😎

0835 flight tomorrow morning Kirkwall to Edinburgh, 2 buses to Glasgow airport. Overnight stay in airport hotel tomorrow night and 0900 flight out to Malaga Saturday morning for (hopefully 🤞) a week in the sun to celebrate Mrs Turvey's 50th birthday in Benalmadena 🍾🍻🥂 

Stay tuned for beer and food pics overload! 😀

A little anonymous phone call to Glasgow customs and you could get more than a week in the sun now we know the flight your on. 🤣🤣🤣 Fr2609. 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club