Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like my current snack of, cocktail sausages, grapes & strawberries because sleep is a pure myth

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Preecematt said:

I do like my current snack of, cocktail sausages, grapes & strawberries because sleep is a pure myth

Ironically my insomnia has recently disappeared, at least temporarily.  I've gone from not being able to sleep, to going to sleep and never wanting to wake up again. 

On a lighter note, at least when I do wake up I'm somewhat refreshed!  Well, as refreshed as an unhealthy person like me can be.

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Ironically my insomnia has recently disappeared, at least temporarily.  I've gone from not being able to sleep, to going to sleep and never wanting to wake up again. 

On a lighter note, at least when I do wake up I'm somewhat refreshed!  Well, as refreshed as an unhealthy person like me can be.

I can sleep like a log at anytime of the day now... but there's the important word, DAY lol.  Can't resist the sofa but come night time & I struggle getting to sleep, however my hours are now better as I've gone from 5am start to 7am start, so I do feel better when I wake up

2 hours ago, Preecematt said:

I can sleep like a log at anytime of the day now... but there's the important word, DAY lol.  Can't resist the sofa but come night time & I struggle getting to sleep, however my hours are now better as I've gone from 5am start to 7am start, so I do feel better when I wake up

Yeah, even when I had my insomnia, I could have easily dozed off in my office chair :laugh:

25 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Yeah, even when I had my insomnia, I could have easily dozed off in my office chair :laugh:

Is it one of those high back leather executive one's??  Because to be fair, they are really comfy.  When I Worked for my father in law he had this really puffy leather heated one.  OH MY GOOOODDDD!!!

I don't understand how people can sleep during the day.  First bit of daylight and I'm awake! :sad:  Yet I can go to my Nans and she falls asleep between conversations (I know I'm boring but really lol!).

Don't sleep much at night either though, when I do it's just nightmares...genuinely had one the other night that someone broke in and was standing at the end of the bed with a knife...  Followed by one where I was running from someone and trying to get the right key in the door then get it shut and locked and barricaded with a cupboard...  Wouldn't mind if I had some nice ones occasionally. :unsure:

Just now, TomsFocus said:

I don't understand how people can sleep during the day.  First bit of daylight and I'm awake! :sad:  Yet I can go to my Nans and she falls asleep between conversations (I know I'm boring but really lol!).

Don't sleep much at night either though, when I do it's just nightmares...genuinely had one the other night that someone broke in and was standing at the end of the bed with a knife...  Followed by one where I was running from someone and trying to get the right key in the door then get it shut and locked and barricaded with a cupboard...  Wouldn't mind if I had some nice ones occasionally. :unsure:

At school I was nocturnal lol literally.  Left school and It went to normal periods, started farming career and now I can fall asleep pretty much anywhere & anytime except in bed and at night.  Fell asleep in the tractor a few times when the heater has been on.  Come home for dinner have half an hour kip on the sofa or at the kitchen table, part and parcel of the job lol.  My nightmares consist of me being in my old room, in bed, with all the house burning & falling down & me screaming and making no noise, those happen a lot.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Preecematt said:

Is it one of those high back leather executive one's??  Because to be fair, they are really comfy.  When I Worked for my father in law he had this really puffy leather heated one.  OH MY GOOOODDDD!!!

Heated!?  I didn't even know those existed.  Unfortunately it isn't leather either, just a standard black office chair like the other 100 in the call centre. 

I did used to have a high back leather chair (still not heated though!) at my last job, that was brilliant.  I literally did almost fall asleep a couple of times, and it was the kind of job where I could have without anyone noticing.  God, I miss that job now.

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah, it's rare that I have a pleasant dream these days.  Even the good ones depress me because I'll dream about finding a rare vacuum cleaner (for example), only to awake and realise that it was just a dream and I don't actually have it... 

I have a strange recurring dream where I am trying to get to work on time but ultimately turn up late.  Strange thing is, I only have it on days where I actually do sleep in and am almost late.  It's like my brain is trying to tell me "look, wake up or this is what is going to happen!". 

• Like 1

Guilty conscience? Or you're trying to run away from something? Responsibilities?

I get nightmares on and off, every now and again it's a bad one, but most of them tend to be stories involving inconveniences... So not a good dream, but not a nightmare...

• Like 1

Like listening to Phil Collins through the stereo.  The Tv is on the wall above the fireplace, the sub is on the wall to the right & the head unit is on the sideboard in the alcove to the left of the fireplace & above that is a shelf with the 2 Speakers on.  Sounds awesome when you have a film on & it's hooked up to the tv.  

4 hours ago, Preecematt said:

Like listening to Phil Collins through the stereo.  The Tv is on the wall above the fireplace, the sub is on the wall to the right & the head unit is on the sideboard in the alcove to the left of the fireplace & above that is a shelf with the 2 speakers on.  Sounds awesome when you have a film on & it's hooked up to the tv.  

I've got one of his LPs (Face Value) in my record cabinet but haven't played it for a while. 

I do like getting off work and knowing I have tomorrow off!!  Thank Christ.

Got a whole week of 13:00-21:00 ahead of me though, great!!

5 hours ago, Preecematt said:

Like listening to Phil Collins through the stereo.  The Tv is on the wall above the fireplace, the sub is on the wall to the right & the head unit is on the sideboard in the alcove to the left of the fireplace & above that is a shelf with the 2 speakers on.  Sounds awesome when you have a film on & it's hooked up to the tv.  

Nice, Genesis is from where I live and often rehearsed at the club by our house. :smile:

8 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Nice, Genesis is from where I live and often rehearsed at the club by our house. :smile:

I only like a few Genesis songs, prefer Pete & Phils solo stuff.  Grandad has apparently had a drink & a convo with Roy Wood(Wizard) & Ozzy Osbourne, as they both used to live near them, not sure I believe that though, as 1.  It's Wem & it's always been a dump.  2.  If I was him I'd of got autographs, he got diddly squat

26 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

I only like a few Genesis songs, prefer Pete & Phils solo stuff.  Grandad has apparently had a drink & a convo with Roy Wood(Wizard) & Ozzy Osbourne, as they both used to live near them, not sure I believe that though, as 1.  It's Wem & it's always been a dump.  2.  If I was him I'd of got autographs, he got diddly squat

roy wood lives just up the road from me ,

53 minutes ago, richard150 said:

roy wood lives just up the road from me ,

Ahhh this was when he was famous apparently, Don't think there is any celebs round by me, where I used to work just outside of Crewe their 2nd farm used to have loads of Footballers live round their as it's posh Cheshire county.  

Ella Henderson is from my neck of the woods.

Never saw her on XFactor, so the first I knew if her music was on the radio whilst driving lol

I must admit, I quite like her music!!

We have had a few other celebs from round here...but Ella is the most recent lol

I do like having a bottle of medicine (bourbon) in the cupboard...  Might take a dose or two tonight. 

I do like that none of the weather forecasts turned out to be right, it was one of those days, when nobody could agree on what they thought the weather was going to be.  Accuweather was the closest but still not right:smile:

Brandy and I had a long walk, dressed for the showers that never happened.  There's still a lot of mud about and she returned with a tide/mud mark on all four paws.

I've just power washed the algae and some of the lichen of the front path: it is no longer slippery when went:smile:  The only way you are going to slide down it now, is to thickly grease your soles with lithium based bearing lubricants:laugh:

3 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like the MOT history of my forthcoming Peugeot 405...

No mention of any corrosion to the body or undercarriage, and hasn't failed since 2007.  Even our 2005 Primera can't beat that.

P.S.  Scroll to the bottom for MOT history.

You've got quite a bargain there

Has always been in private hands? 

It doesn't seem to have the mileage of an former company/lease car, it's a lot less than the Astra which is the same age and plate

5 minutes ago, GMX said:

You've got quite a bargain there

Has always been in private hands? 

It doesn't seem to have the mileage of an former company/lease car, it's a lot less than the Astra which is the same age and plate

Always private as far as I know, and the current owner (a 405 enthusiast) bought it in 2007 and since then kept it in such a condition it passed every subsequent MOT.

It is very low mileage indeed - the few turbo diesels that come up for sale from time to time are normally around 200-250k, and even then the engines still have plenty life left with proper maintenance.  Buying mine at 122k (its present mileage) means that as long as the body and frame survive, the engine could go on for another 20 years at least.

I do like STP Oil Treatment!  When we first got the Primera (1.8 petrol) I got the oil changed and within 4,000 miles it had gone from the maximum mark on the dipstick right down to below the minimum mark.  After getting it changed again, I immediately added a bottle of STP and 3,000 miles later the oil is still EXACTLY where it was when it was changed!  Right on the maximum mark.

I know that these oil additives are generally avoided, but for an engine to go from burning over 1 litre of oil between changes to burning NONE, plus running a lot quieter and smoother too, I would recommend it.

I like Red Wine, 

like it Alot.

Getting sliddered on D Shiraz today been in lennys kitchen press since 2007 😀

#GetItPoppin #InBits #Mouldey 

IMG_20160127_084239_zpswtwhn6a0.jpg

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club