Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

12 hours ago, MONDEO TXS 2.2 said:

The DVLA hold back reg' plates that even remotely resemble words & names etc & sell them seperately, sometimes at crazy prices - ASA is a name :smile:

Is it?  Good grief, I've never heard of that.

1 hour ago, GMX said:

All the brassicas are fast germinators.

When you get your own farm, you would be working from home

Not on the sofa though haha.  The way things are going at the moment, my own farm will be going down the pan and I'll be doing another job, sigh

28 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Is it?  Good grief, I've never heard of that.

Shrewsbury town player Asa Hall lol.  Not sure if he plays for them now, I'm a Man Utd supporter.  Cough(slight shame)

6 hours ago, GMX said:

Is that a recent thing, the DVLA holding on to the more valuable reg' plates. They didn't hold back PEN 15, it was on a old red Mercedes estate, I think they had it on Top Gear many year ago, when they were doing an article on funny personalised reg plates. The owner said he's been offered silly money for it; but he preferred to keep it on his Merc 

Obviously by writers and/or stationers...right? :blush:

Quite why they'd want 15 pens is beyond me though...

• Like 2

DVLA will hold back 'Cherished' plates and not release any reg combinations that could be deemed offensive.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GMX said:

Is that a recent thing, the DVLA holding on to the more valuable reg' plates. They didn't hold back PEN 15, it was on a old red Mercedes estate, I think they had it on Top Gear many year ago, when they were doing an article on funny personalised reg plates. The owner said he's been offered silly money for it; but he preferred to keep it on his Merc 

No, Ghana  '' different '' registration numbers have been held back by the DVLA for ages, but not as far back as when PEN I5 was issued, PEN 15 is an ancient registration & would indeed be worth a fortune . . .

Paul Daniels, the magician has / had MAGIC on his Roller / Bentley & he paid around £250k for the plate - more than for the car

Why would you want PEN 15 on a reg plate anyway?  :wacko:

Useful you work at the GUM clinic I suppose but otherwise I don't get it...  Then again I don't the fascination with graffitti'ing them everywhere either!

I have seen a few 'dodgy' reg plates over the years though, the DVLA don't seem to catch all of the potentially offensive ones! :laugh:

There's an interesting one near me though, not offensive but I'm sure it can't be legal, even if the owner is rolling in money!  The plate is 'WWW.' (yes, with the .) . :unsure:

Looks nice, but I thought you didn't like Peugeot? :wink:

Judging by your signature the Focus has gone too? 

2 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Looks nice, but I thought you didn't like Peugeot? :wink:

Judging by your signature the Focus has gone too? 

I do dislike Peugeot - however try buying a medium sized M.H. that's not based on either Citroen or Peugeot or worse still a FIAT chassis  . .  next to impossibe . .  & it does have a very good 2.2 140bhp Ford engine that's only covered 6,300 miles. :wink:

Very well specced with heated electric mirrors, cruise control, B.T. / 6 C.D. remote control audio, 6 speed box, reversing camera, reversing sensors - in fact a better spec than some cars .

Yes, Focus ST traded in for the MH, & 5.0 V8 Mustang on order :wink:

3 minutes ago, SeanW said:

Ummm...the Peugeot is a Sevell Van...as is the Ducato :wink:

True Sean - all three are Seval - but a FIAT for me would be a step too far into the dark . . :smile:

Yes the Ford/PSA 2.2 is a tried and tested reliable engine. We had it in our Freelander 2. Fuel economy wasn't great though, we got more MPG from the 3.0 V6 that replaced it...

Mustang sounds nice.

The 2.2 HDi is more Peugeot than Ford btw. :tongue:

However it seems to be farrrr better than the 1.6 HDi lol!

4 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Yes the Ford/PSA 2.2 is a tried and tested reliable engine. We had it in our Freelander 2. Fuel economy wasn't great though, we got more MPG from the 3.0 V6 that replaced it...

Mustang sounds nice.

Not a Ford / PSA engine - pure Ford Puma engine :wink:

I've never been interested in M.P.G.

I'm sure the Mustang will be - only a 7 month wait for a 66 plate.

Yes I know, just that Ford initiated putting them into JLR cars when they owned JLR. :tongue:

I believe Tata had some deal with Ford to keep using the engines until 2015, thus why the Ingenium engines have just gone into production.

1 minute ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Yes I know, just that Ford initiated putting the into JLR cars when they owned JLR. :tongue:

I bleibe Tata had some deal with Ford to keep using the engines until 2015, thus why the Ingenium engines have just gone into production.

Tata are Indian aren't they . . .  ?

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The 2.2 HDi is more Peugeot than Ford btw. :tongue:

However it seems to be farrrr better than the 1.6 HDi lol!

Nope . . .  this is a 2.2 140bhp Ford Puma engine Tom

Yes they are. 

Isn't the Puma engine different to the HDI? Puma one is used in the Transit and our Defender has it.

I think the 2.2 HDI is more PSA based (from what I've seen)

2 minutes ago, MONDEO TXS 2.2 said:

Nope . . .  this is a 2.2 140bhp Ford Puma engine Tom

It seems you are correct...

I've worked on a few 2.2 HDi's in Peugeots and assumed it to be the same one...  That's confusing lol!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Yes they are. 

Isn't the Puma engine different to the HDI? Puma one is used in the Transit and our Defender has it.

TeTell ttrthrough 2.2 is more PSA based (from what I've seen)

Not this engine - Ford ZSD 422 - a detuned version of the 2.2 153bhp that was in the MK3 Mondeo ST TDCi :wink:

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It seems you are correct...

I've worked on a few 2.2 HDi's in Peugeots and assumed it to be the same one...  That's confusing lol!

It's basically a detuned version of the MK3 Mondeo 2.2 153 bhp ST TDCi engine Tom ( Ford Duratorq ZSD422 )

Yeah I've just Wikipedia'd it lol.

Seems mad that Peugeot had a decent 2.2 HDi (DW12) in the 406 etc but a few years later bought in Fords 2.2 instead!  Doesn't help that manufacturers use their own brand names such as HDi/Duratorq on the same engines lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah I've just Wikipedia'd it lol.

Seems mad that Peugeot had a decent 2.2 HDi (DW12) in the 406 etc but a few years later bought in Fords 2.2 instead!  Doesn't help that manufacturers use their own brand names such as HDi/Duratorq on the same engines lol.

I know Tom - very confusing, i loved the Duratorq ZSD 422 in my old ST TDCi - a much better engine than this Ford / PSA in the TXS i.m.o.

Even in 140bhp guise in the MH it puts out 350nm in torque  . . No DPF either :smile:

One very cool feature is that the 2 x 100 a.h. leisure batteries are partially charged by a 100w solar panel on the roof  . . . :smile:

• Like 1

Plenty of torque then, which is obviously what you need with it! :smile:

How does it get away without a dpf in 2010?  Different rules for motor homes?

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Plenty of torque then, which is obviously what you need with it! :smile:

How does it get away without a dpf in 2010?  Different rules for motor homes?

Well these things aren't built for speed, but the nm is good, it weighs 3300kg laden & I honestly have no idea Tom, maybe . .  i just know for a fact it doesn't have a DPF - i do know it's Euro 4 emissions though, & i'm on a very steep learning curve trying to figure out how all the kit works  . .  :smile:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club