Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like receiving the Peugeot's new Bosch Super Plus Wiper Blades yesterday, to be fitted today.  The current blades appear to be original from 1996 and are about as much use as indicators on a BMW!

• Like 1

I do like re-hydrating with a couple litres of chilled water with ice, it's very summery outside.:smile:

It's remaining at 26°C in the shade, on the garage wall thermometer. 

Brandy abandoned her lie on the lawn a while ago and is now lying flat on the kitchen tiles: it must be very hot for her with her fur coat on in the sun.

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I collect anything that is old and interesting to me, so the list is endless! :laugh:

How old is old?

I've got a Nikon F401S with lenses and accessories, which has failed to find any any interest on either eBay, gumtree and more recently on ebid  The Cats Protection, the PDSA and Waggy Tails (dog rescue) shops didn't want it as "it's too old to sell" and "there's no demand for film cameras".

If you feel like an extended driving practice in Peugeot or Hyundai (Google says 631 miles each way:ohmy:) you can have it for free, if it's not to modern for you collection:smile:

1 hour ago, GMX said:

I do like re-hydrating with a couple litres of chilled water with ice, it's very summery outside.:smile:

It's remaining at 26°C in the shade, on the garage wall thermometer. 

Brandy abandoned her lie on the lawn a while ago and is now lying flat on the kitchen tiles: it must be very hot for her with her fur coat on in the sun.

How old is old?

I've got a Nikon F401S with lenses and accessories, which has failed to find any any interest on either ebay, gumtree and more recently on ebid  The Cats Protection, the PDSA and Waggy Tails (dog rescue) shops didn't want it as "it's too old to sell" and "there's no demand for film cameras".

If you feel like an extended driving practice in Peugeot or Hyundai (Google says 631 miles each way:ohmy:) you can have it for free, if it's not to modern for you collection:smile:

That would indeed interest me - however I think I'll give the 1,200 mile round trip a miss! 

If you would consider posting it to me though, I would certainly cover postage.

I do like having another productive day off. 

Got the new Bosch SP wipers on the 405 (so I can now see where I'm going when it rains - which is a bonus), reattached the N/S/R door trim to the Hyundai which the previous owner tore off in an incident with a pole, and gave the front lawn its first mow of the season.  Surprisingly the old Briggs & Stratton mower fired up relatively easily after sitting outside all winter, covered in snow, frost and rain.  Puts the Tecumseh to shame, which struggles to start even after running for long periods of time.

I do like enjoying a Sunday drive (literally) in the sunshine and 20*C weather.  Even though I've lived here all my life, sometimes the Moray countryside just takes my breath away...

WP_20160508_18_35_25_Pro.jpg

WP_20160508_18_35_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20160508_18_38_33_Pro.jpg

WP_20160508_18_38_36_Pro.jpg

WP_20160508_18_38_39_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

When people really SLAM your car doors shut.

Probably one of my biggest peeves. Seems disrespectful.

13 minutes ago, Incontro said:

That grinds my gears too.  Both car and house doors - CLOSE THEM CAREFULLY! 

• Like 2

I do like finding half a bin of well rotted pine needles behind the many now empty compost maturing bins. :smile: Something else I won't need to buy in when I mulch the blueberry bushes and azaleas:smile: 

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

Shouldn't that be on the "I don't like thread"?

5 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

If you would consider posting it to me though, I would certainly cover postage.

That can be done, if you'd like it

2 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like finding half a bin of well rotted pine needles behind the many now empty compost maturing bins. :smile: Something else I won't need to buy in when I mulch the blueberry bushes and azaleas:smile: 

Shouldn't that be on the "I don't like thread"?

That can be done, if you'd like it

Definitely - let me know what the postage would be and how to pay you.

Whilst not a true like nor suitable as a dislike but rather "it amused me" :lol:

I bought a net of onions in from the garage earlier and removed a couple, leaving the opened net on top of the lid of laundry basket.  Which was stationed opposite the washing machine, for I am in the process of several loads.

I have just been down to kitchen to check whether that washing machine had finished, and needs emptying and reloading.

The net of onions had vanished along with the laundry basket lid.  I looked closer. Bunty was curled up inside the basket surrounded by loose onions, an empty net and sitting on a squashed lid.:lol1:

6 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Definitely - let me know what the postage would be and how to pay you.

I'll sort that out tomorrow. 

• Like 3

I do like picking up a printer today and finally being able to get some documents printed!  Whilst it is no longer a necessity to have things like insurance documents on paper, I prefer it. 

I do like a late night fried egg sandwich...  Terrible for my digestive system, I know, but what can I say - I was hungry and it was tasty.

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like picking up a printer today and finally being able to get some documents printed!  Whilst it is no longer a necessity to have things like insurance documents on paper, I prefer it. 

I once made the mistake of printing out the entire service manual for my then new HP Colour Laserjet 4500, as I too preferred to read it on paper than on screen.

However, in the process I used an entire set of toners and one and half reams of paper:laugh:  At the time, a set of toners would see little change for £500:eek:

I now only print out, the relevant pages of service manuals.

7 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like a late night fried egg sandwich...  Terrible for my digestive system, I know, but what can I say - I was hungry and it was tasty.

There's nothing quite like a fried egg sandwich for a quick tasty snack, the addition of bacon makes it even tastier

5 minutes ago, GMX said:

I once made the mistake of printing out the entire service manual for my then new HP Colour Laserjet 4500, as I too preferred to read it on paper than on screen.

However, in the process I used an entire set of toners and one and half reams of paper:laugh:  At the time, a set of toners would see little change for £500:eek:

I now only print out, the relevant pages of service manuals.

There's nothing quite like a fried egg sandwich for a quick tasty snack, the addition of bacon makes it even tastier

Indeed it does, unfortunately the refrigerator is currently devoid of bacon... 

On 05/05/2016 at 9:43 PM, jmurray01 said:

And I'm the 0.01% :laugh:

How did you know?? 

Nah, you're a laugh :D

• Like 1

I love having a filled weekend. Kayaking, BBQing, exploring, bit of working, some tidying....

Almost makes me need another weekend to recover.... zzzz Monday morning blues...

• Like 4

The forecasted bands of heavy rain, as such, haven't got going yet.  A few attempts at starting but not following through

Brandy's morning stroll was completed without a downpour:smile:

There were however, wet paws from puddles from the overnight rain.

1 hour ago, Ianb said:

I love having a filled weekend. Kayaking, BBQing, exploring, bit of working, some tidying....

Almost makes me need another weekend to recover.... zzzz Monday morning blues...

That's the problem with having time out: you need more to recover from it:laugh:

• Like 2

I do like finally cutting the grass with the self propelled mower from the farm, whoms lawn I cut yesterday with a ride on mower & I now get to keep said self propelled mower, YAyyyy!!! happy times.  Also if no one has ever ridden a ride on mower.  I HIGHLY recommend it, it's awesome.  I had my first go on one yesterday

Also like putting my name down for a 10k Marathon which is scheduled for 1 years time.  What have I just done!!! I'm only a slight pork chop but I couldn't even run for the bus.  

• Like 1

I do like necking 2 quarter pounder with cheese and fries on the side for my tea

Now let the statins do their best

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

• Like 1

I like my new phone - Sony Xperia Z3 :) loving the 20.4MP camera on it

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jeebowhite said:

Crikey, that is a good camera.  Makes my Lumia's 8MP camera seem a bit pathetic! :laugh:

it is superb! I took a photo of the kids at their football club on Saturday, and the quality is exceptional.

Use to own one of those!! It was brilliant until it, my ar5e and the stairs all had a disagreement :(

• Like 1

Had a boat returned yesterday (been away for a refurbishment and new engine)

Of course, I just had to ensure that the work was of a good standard...which obviously meant a test run...or two...

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club