Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

8 hours ago, Ianb said:

What makes me mad is when you see some pleb in a chavved up corsa driving like a complete moron with a baby on board sign!!!

Wouldn't the "baby on board" be the the chav's pre-pubescent school uniform inhabiting female companions??:tongue:

• Like 3

Probably refers to the chavvy driver 😆.

15 years old with no licence 'borrowing' his mates car (who he never knows the name of).

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 3

Yodel have finally delivered:smile:  I didn't think couriers delivered after 6pm unless you've paid for guaranteed delivery day; which I hadn't!

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

15 years old with no licence 'borrowing' his mates car (who he never knows the name of).

That always amuses me on Traffic Cops, Police Interceptors and similar programs etc., the criminals never know the names of the mates whose vehicle their in, the mates they've known for years. :lol1: They also seem forget who they are until a PNC check reveals they are not who they say they are

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hywelkidd said:

You forgot about taking a car load of 16 year old girls to McDonald's (still in their school uniforms of course) and that you must have at least 50% of the car "styling" items sold in Halfords fitted to it :tongue:

Can't be a Corsa driver then, 16 is to old.  Halfords is kept alive by Ripspeed buying corsa's.  Saw a great Meme on Facebook the other week, it was a really modified Corsa & it said " see man driving a Halfords whip, revs up the engine sounds like S***

• Like 6

Following a rather wet long walk with Brandy, in the forecasted heavy rain, I do like going to the nursery to collect my ordered tiger poo together with all the tomato and cucurbits plants for this season.  Well almost all the cucurbits, the Atena Polka courgettes aren't ready yet.

• Like 1

I do like a nice curry after a hard day at work...

WP_20160521_17_19_53_Pro.jpg

• Like 4

I do like taking the '6 to a retro meet last night with a convoy of other decent cars...even if the window did fail to close when I arrived! :laugh:  Still got plenty of looks parked next to my mates Rallye, and we had a bit of a play on the way home too (within the limit of course :wink: :tongue: ).  18 years old, no service history and about a million owners and still seems to have all the horses it left the factory with!  It's a shame it's old and ruined now though, handling and road holding is rubbish compared to my stodgy comfort spec Focus lol, back when the suspension and bushes/BJs were all OE and brand new and when it didn't have awful Toyo Proxes tyres it would've been far better!!

I do like telling my wife how well I'm feeling after we went to our friends wedding yesterday..... I'm judging by the evils I'm getting that my well being is not appreciated!

Actually tbf I'm surprised how well I feel... Went through 4 bottles of prosecco between us (more to me) and a few pints.... Must have been the crafty pot noodle I ate back at the hotel hahaha

• Like 3

I do like taking Brandy for an extended long walk, this time without the rain accompanying us, although showers were forecast: we had none:smile:

I also like coming up with a better way to repair my headphone broken yoke joint than I did previously.:smile:

The new repair method is stronger, simpler and lighter, although not quite as aesthetically pleasing. Then again, headphones are functional not items of beauty.:dry:

I do like we had a good afternoon at the Crocky trail for the wifes little twin sisters birthday party, absolutely knackered now

I do like finding an accidental giant red mustard which had self-sown itself, appropriately, in the brassica plot,  What are the chance of that??  Most self-sowers put themselves in the wrong plot.

Giant red mustard salad to accompany the planned sausages together with half a kilo from the potato mountain for tea tonight then:smile:

On 22/05/2016 at 6:37 PM, Preecematt said:

I do like we had a good afternoon at the Crocky trail for the wifes little twin sisters birthday party, absolutely knackered now

The Crocky trail sounds like a path in a National Park littered with broken plates, bowls and cups :tongue:

• Like 1

I do like being wrong about the local garage not being able to fit the 405 in at short notice.  At 13:00 on Friday it will have its MOT test, and I will probably have a heart attack shortly thereafter when I get the fail sheet...

I do like that the tiger poo has kept the local foxes away from the slug pubs:smile:  No more fox paw prints amongst the plants:smile:

I wonder if I put some in ex fruit nets and suspended it on the fence, it'll keep the squirrels away from digging up the shallots?:unsure:

The giant red mustard leaf salad was rather firey:sweat:  The mature leaves could give chilli a run for it's money

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like being wrong about the local garage not being able to fit the 405 in at short notice.  At 13:00 on Friday it will have its MOT test, and I will probably have a heart attack shortly thereafter when I get the fail sheet...

Are you expecting it to fail then?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like that the tiger poo has kept the local foxes away from the slug pubs:smile:  No more fox paw prints amongst the plants:smile:

I wonder if I put some in ex fruit nets and suspended it on the fence, it'll keep the squirrels away from digging up the shallots?:unsure:

The giant red mustard leaf salad was rather firey:sweat:  The mature leaves could give chilli a run for it's money

Are you expecting it to fail then?

Well, there is nothing obviously wrong with it (or else I wouldn't be putting it in!), but it has passed every MOT first time since 2007 and knowing my luck the year I buy it will be the year all the major parts decide to fail.  Plus the rear axle is sitting a little further back than it should be (rear wheels not central in the arches) so I suspect that could be an issue. 

That said, it still drives like brand new and the thought never enters my mind that it would be in any way dangerous or unsafe (except for the dodgy front tyres in the rain - which are still legal!), but I thought that about the old Fiesta and it came back with a £400 bill!!

51 minutes ago, GMX said:

Told ya :sleep:

Works against cats too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Works against cats too

I noticed that Bunty has stopped using the potato bed as a short cut to next door; since it's been down, She's now taking the long way round, along the pavement at the front, which is probably the furthest route from the potatoes she can get

• Like 1

So...Popped into Halfords earlier - to pick up a roll of Minion gaffa tape :D

(They were out of stock, but they did have pirate camo tape - so I'm swapping with a mate in Scunthorpe who wants that one :P)

Anyway...at the checkout, a woman is trying to exchange a keyring - apparently, it fell apart as soon as she opened the packet...right outside of the store...so rather than ya know, bring it straight back in - she threw it in the bin...and was disgruntled at not being allowed to exchange it.

There are no prizes for guessing what marque the Richbrook keyring depicted...it was indeed *that one*

(she was in a 16 plate C*rsa...in hideous metallic green)

• Like 4

The keyring was obviously copying the corsa standard then.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SeanW said:

she was in a 16 plate C*rsa...in hideous metallic green)

Otherwise known as Vauxhall's bilious green not to be confused Nissan's phlegmatic green; which is lighter with a hint of yellow:tongue:

• Like 3

Puke green.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 3

I do like finding a wholesale seed merchant who sells at trade price, even when you only want two packets of garden beetroot seed.:smile:  his postage is free too:smile:

• Like 1

I do like setting off to the Etihad to see the boss Bruce Springsteen in concert tonight

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

• Like 1

I do like the day before pay day, quite possibly the adult version of Christmas Eve!!  Shame the money is all spent before it hits the bank though...

• Like 2

I like being asked at the tyre place today if my Focus was an ST lol

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

• Like 1

I do like getting some of the tubbed tomatoes and one courgette incourgette & black cherry.jpgtomato row.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club