Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Bosch rear wiper blade fits my car??

StephenFord

Who'd have thought this was so complicated! I bought a Bosch H304 after searching an eBay listing, but was then told by the supplier this was the wrong one. They suggested an H382, and on seeking a 'google' search, I have also come up with an H302!!

This car sold in millions, how can it be so complicated to order a correct blade?

It's a 2005, Mk2, LX hatchback. Anyone know what Bosch will properly fit it?

Rear wiper.jpg

Is your wiper blade metal or plastic?

H382 is the metal blade for Mk2s.  But your wiper arm looks like the facelift version in that pic, which takes a plastic blade and is H351...admittedly the pic is quite small though lol!

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Is your wiper blade metal or plastic?

H382 is the metal blade for Mk2s.  But your wiper arm looks like the facelift version in that pic, which takes a plastic blade and is H351...admittedly the pic is quite small though lol!

Hi Tom,

Just had a look and the blade fitted to it is metal (a Valeo?) I took a photo to see if that will help...

1465059191_rearwiper2005LX.thumb.jpg.551e36002d6e74cc2d189a33840bd147.jpg

10 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Hi Tom,

Just had a look and the blade fitted to it is metal (a Valeo?) I took a photo to see if that will help...

1465059191_rearwiper2005LX.thumb.jpg.551e36002d6e74cc2d189a33840bd147.jpg

Yeah that's the correct Mk2 blade/arm, it should be H382.

Bummer - they have already dispatched an H304 to me 🙁 Maybe I can just push real hard to get it to fit!

8 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Bummer - they have already dispatched an H304 to me 🙁 Maybe I can just push real hard to get it to fit!

304 would be fine if you had an estate...  It's plastic, 3" too short and the wrong fitting for a PFL hatch.  But other than that I'm sure it'll be fine. :wink: 

If you wanted another identical Valeo to make sure it's correct, it should be V38, part number 574109.

Have you tried removing the blade yet btw?  You might find the arm has gone brittle and snaps when you attempt it, I've broken a few, but maybe I'm just heavy handed! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

I'm losing the will to live LOL

1111273091_wrongfit.thumb.jpg.67be0f4c3a86f02b60f6f13af0e77331.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I'm losing the will to live LOL

1111273091_wrongfit.thumb.jpg.67be0f4c3a86f02b60f6f13af0e77331.jpg

I wouldn't put too much trust in an eBay compatibility check lol!  The Valeo seems to be covered by this compat check...but so do half the cars on the road! :laugh: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fits-VANETTE-1981-1987-BUS-Wiper-Blade-Valeo-V38-Silencio-380mm-15-X1-574109/124108302720?hash=item1ce56e6980:g:zhcAAOSw0sVeYbXQ

• Thanks 1

I trust you buddy, have just bought that Valeo link! Now, anyone want a cheap Bosch H304?? LOL

• Haha 1

I had the H351 on my MK2 so definitely the right one.

You gotta laugh, just got this message,

""My apologies came to despatch your order and we were unable to find the last one in stock.

I have tried to buy one locally but to no avail and I don't have anymore coming in for awhile

I have sent a request to eBay to cancel the order and refund you...""

I'm away for a lie down LOL

Good bet for the correct wipers, www.wiperblades.co.uk always come through.

Now, have I broken the fitting arm, or am I just too stupid to replace wiper?

Image00001.thumb.jpg.825de980c4a6ab6a5cac2560bfd81c87.jpg

7 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Now, have I broken the fitting arm, or am I just too stupid to replace wiper?

Image00001.thumb.jpg.825de980c4a6ab6a5cac2560bfd81c87.jpg

I have a guide here to De-wiper the mk2 & mk2.5 focus 

It shows removal of the arm with socket size required, may help; I'm guessing the clip got brittle over the years of frost and road salt. 

OK then, I broke it LOL Now, can anyone supply me with a link for the correct arm/blade combo on eBay? (UK supplied, I'd rather not wait a month for China supplier) There are numerous listings, and as you now know, I'm not great at selecting the correct one! 🤣

Image00001.thumb.jpg.602254b6c13674370954422bb72dd2dc.jpg

Unfortunately I'm on limited time online at the mo otherwise I would probably link that part but for what it's worth, I used to always rock H351 with both my mk2 and mk2.5s, I don't recall ever fitting a H382 however the main difference is that the 351 is 350mm and the 382, 380mm.

...I would imagine the extra length would please some people over it being metal 😅

If you get stuck at all with conflicting info for stuff like this the Halfords web search thing is usually pretty handy for wipers, etc.

**With regards to the 351, if anyone has a mk3 I continue to use those over the recommended on my mk3.5 ST as they're longer and fit perfectly fine, and are more abundantly stocked!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club