Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2020 ST-Line headlamps

lobs84

Evening all.

Just a quick question about my headlamps. I have a 69 plate ST-Line and the headlamps are a nice bright blue/white colour. Did they upgrade the headlamps after the 19 plate? If so what bulbs do they take if I needed to replace one? I've had a look at them while they are on and it seems that they are LED? That was the upgrade I was going to get when I ordered the car but didn't in the end. I've looked at all the bulb guides where you enter your reg to find the exact bulb, but in my opinion they don't seem they would give the same effect as I have now.

I’ve got a September 2019 , 69plate. LEDs weren’t standard at that point. I’ve got horrible yellow halogen headlights. 
Knowing my luck ford probably made them standard the day after they built my car. 
Yours will be LED , the difference is very obvious. 
I think LEDs will last the lifetime of the car..not sure on that as I’ve not got them 😠

10 hours ago, Alex.S said:

I think LEDs will last the lifetime of the car..not sure on that as I’ve not got them 😠

I have domestic LEDs all over my home with an expected life cycle of 50,000 hours. I still seem to replace them at similar intervals to old fashioned tungsten!

• Like 2

Halogen headlights are expected to last 1000hrs compared to LEDs 15,000hrs

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I have domestic LEDs all over my home with an expected life cycle of 50,000 hours. I still seem to replace them at similar intervals to old fashioned tungsten!

I’ve had LEDs in my kitchen and bathroom a few years now, never had to replace any. Depends on the quality of the bulb I guess. 

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

..Depends on the quality of the bulb I guess. 

Not really, Osram bulbs suffer the same blow outs. (I'm use to cheap Chinese car LED Bulbs lasting a few weeks!)

I've got a 19 plate ST line X, it has the adaptive LEDs, you'll know you have LEDs just by opening the bonnet and looking to see if there is a silver topped control box bolted to the side of the headlamp housing.

LED_Control.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I'll have a look again under the bonnet for the silver box but I'm sure I just have a normal black box housing the bulbs. I rang the dealer where I got the car from and he said the headlights got upgraded but didn't go into detail. I do like the upgrade but just can't see that normal halogen bulbs producing the same light. Do you have to have headlamp washers if you have LED Bulbs?

3 minutes ago, lobs84 said:

Do you have to have headlamp washers if you have LED bulbs?

I'm not sure, mine does have the washers.

They've changed something for the LED lights as they no longer have the washers on them. It is a legal requirement depending on something though, I just don't know what, someone more knowledgeable will know on herr though.

1 minute ago, shawty1984 said:

They've changed something for the LED lights as they no longer have the washers on them. It is a legal requirement depending on something though, I just don't know what, someone more knowledgeable will know on herr though.

I know the projector HID lamps needed to have washers fitted.

13 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

Brightness while on dipped beam will have been lowered to bring it under the threshold for the washers.

So either they are dimming the modules or turning one or more off on each side.

I've just been out and taken a photo of my lights (apologies, it's chucking it down here), my car is an August 2019. It has the adaptive LEDs but looks to have just a single lamp for high and low beam. 

The same as this car:

https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/price-and-locate/approved-used/approved-used-cars/results#/vehicleDetails/3914461/74247AB

But there is this car which has different lamps but still shows them as adapative:

https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/price-and-locate/approved-used/approved-used-cars/results#/vehicleDetails/3912671/42282AA

According to ETIS this is what my car was optioned with (I'm not the first owner)

CFKAB With Headlamp Washer
JB1AB With Auto Headlamps
JBBA8 Adaptive Rd-Following LED Headlamps
JBCAF DTRL Lamp Lit In Pos 0 And Pos
JDDAB With High Mounted Stop Lamp
JEAAC With Automatic Headlamp Levelling
JEDAG With Glare-Free Auto High Lamp

headlights_2.png

[EDIT]

I not that both of the cars on the FD site do not have headlamp washers but mine does and has the same lamps as the car registered in 2020!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club