Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


[Help] Mk3 Heated Windscreen Relay


Recommended Posts

Hello i have a Mk3 Ford Focus 2014 - Tdci Edge

 

I am wanting to retrofit a heated windscreen, I have installed the button on the center console.

I know i need to install a 40amp fuse in F14/F16
But I also know i need to install a relay for the heated windscreen in R7 but i can't seem to find the part and partnumber for it.

This is my engine fuse compartment

PXL_20210402_172627921.jpg]

 

 

This is my friends engine fuse compartment (focus mk3 ST3 - 2012)

image.thumb.png.61ddcc40c75b52f09af0da2d60b13fd6.png

So it's the grey relay. I cannot find the part number

Link to post
Share on other sites

The normal Ford heated front windscreen relay also has a built in off timer. See the attached photo for details

Heated Front Screen.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, unofix said:

The normal Ford heated front windscreen relay also has a built in off timer. See the attached photo for details

Heated Front Screen.JPG

yeah that's good to know that it comes with a buit-in off timer.

tried looking up that relay and doesn't come up with anything, only similar models.

closest i've found is this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-6-Pin-Grey-Relay-Asy-Heated-WindShield-WDO-REG-95BG-14512-AA-C8F6A-12V-/192554245993

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The original Focus MK3 heated windscreen relay has the following specifications:

4 Blade Terminal, 70 AMP, Mini, Power, Tyco
From: 03-01-2011 With Heated Windscreen
Finis number: 1425754
Part number: 5M5T-14B192-EA


This is not a timer relay. Heated windscreen timer relays were used on older Ford models like for example the Ford Escort MK6/MK7. On modern Ford models the timer functionality is electronically controlled. In case of the Focus MK3 the heated windscreen and rear screen timer functionality is fully controlled by the BCM.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JW1982 said:

The original Focus MK3 heated windscreen relay has the following specifications:

4 Blade Terminal, 70 AMP, Mini, Power, Tyco
From: 03-01-2011 With Heated Windscreen
Finis number: 1425754
Part number: 5M5T-14B192-EA


This is not a timer relay. Heated windscreen timer relays were used on older Ford models like for example the Ford Escort MK6/MK7. On modern Ford models the timer functionality is electronically controlled. In case of the Focus MK3 the heated windscreen and rear screen timer functionality is fully controlled by the BCM.

thanks for that, that's really helpful. I am looking of that relay and it says on the top ++12296 2C which is the same as the one for R12

Does it make any difference if i get that one with 2C instead of 2D?

1 hour ago, unofix said:

thanks for the help, i appreciate your for the assistance

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say it will be fine, the code is most likely just a Batch Code or Date Code. The important part is the 5M5T14B192EA

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, unofix said:

I would say it will be fine, the code is most likely just a Batch Code or Date Code. The important part is the 5M5T14B192EA

cheers, well i've gone and got the fuses + relay. just waiting on the windscreen and install it. can't wait tbh

Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting the windscreen installed tomorrow, getting a new one for £230 with rain sensor (for my future project of autowipers/autolights) and heating on it.
Activated heated windscreen on forscan, quite happy to see that button lighting up
image.thumb.png.4d56593d83e0db8ea1de5b5571a56b55.png

 

Fairly certain these are the connectors for the heated windscreen, got one on each side.

image.thumb.png.25b5f40e4f8c73814192af0e12f856f7.png

 

Quite excited i won't have to deal with the next winter without heated windscreens.

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.25b5f40e4f8c73814192af0e

These are not the connectors for the heated windscreen. These are the connector for the windscreen wiper motors.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JW1982 said:

image.thumb.png.25b5f40e4f8c73814192af0e

These are not the connectors for the heated windscreen. These are the connector for the windscreen wiper motors.

Yeah just noticed. But i do have them

 

PXL_20210407_092345164.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership