Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 fiesta mirror.

dmiller

Hello! 

My mother in law has a 2014 plate fiesta with electric (non folding) heated mirrors. She lost the drivers mirror (long story) so I got an eBay replacement and stuck it on. The replacement mirror is not off a scrap car but a new mirror (probably not oem at £50 but feels well made and solid).

The mirror goes up and down when left and right are pressed on the door control and nothing else (inc the indicator) works.

The mirror looks right and the connector looks right, fits ok etc.

Is this a known issue? Is it a mk7 mirror on a mk7.5 or something like that? Ive tried google but couldnt find anything...

Does any one have the pin map of the connector and I can check the new mirror with a 12v source?

Thanks!

Ok so I made some progress on this one, looks like the mother in laws car is a mk7.5 and the mirror was for a mk7. I've mapped out the pinouts for them both and put them below if it helps anyone. 

I have a new fault now - everything works except the mirror pan left and pan down (when the shared pin should go to 12v). The new mirror is ok and works if I test it with a 12v source - is this a known issue? Do I need to reprogram the door module? Have I damaged the door module by plugging in the wrong type of mirror? Is there a fuse or relay I may have killed - I couldn't find one in the fuse box but there may be one hidden elsewhere?

Please help!

car.thumb.png.1cfc5a1acae2d74769d8c64afde93761.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone is following along I spent some time in the cold today with a multi-meter and the door control module is happy to put pin 5 ground and pins 4 and 8 to 12v but wont put pin 5 to 12v and 4 and 8 to 0v - it wont swap the polarity. I've opened the door control module (stamped CV1T14B531AF) and it has a small relay soldered to the board in it, probably for swapping the polarity. 

It looks a right pain to de-solder and replace the relay and a replacement door module is on order now from eBay - hopefully it fixes it and doesn't need coded in or similar.

• 2 weeks later...

Baws. Not the door control module. Can anyone think of anything else it can be? Or does anyone have the wiring diagrams for the door mirrors they could share? Thanks!

Hello David, I've had a look at your wiring pin outs and assuming that no mistakes were made, then what you have is logical. Is this a 3 door or 5 door fiesta ? ..... and if it is a 5 door does it have electric windows on the back doors ?

What I would suggest (I know it's more work) is taking the mirror off the passenger side and plugging it in on the drivers side. It should work (pan left/right might be reversed but not important for test purposes). If the passenger mirror works on the drivers side then you can say the problem is not the car.

Next if the passenger mirror works on the drivers side, you could just to prove a point try the drivers mirror on the passenger door. You would then probably find that it won't work which will confirm that it's a wiring issue with the mirror.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club