Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus

Tom44

The big screen reduces cost and need for some chips.

By moving more on to a display they would have anyway, then they don't need the climate buttons and it's associated module/chip.

Making the screen bigger might increase the cost of the display, but it's still run by a single module and it's cheaper than making phyiscal buttons, which is a shame.

The Mk4.5 really feels like a cost saving exercise to me.

Digital dash, fewer buttons, no fog lights, all reduces cost and need for computer chips to control them

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

they'll just put a screen lock on while the vehicle is in motion!

Funny you should say that, i only recently found out sync 3 has a pause feature if your driving trying to use the screen for a certain period of time, i was scrolling down a playlist on the spottily app via android auto, but i'd assume its the same for everything, maps included.

Also i drive a lot when its dark outside mainly early in the morning and find the glare from the screen very irritating and 90% of the time therefore have it off, fortunately the fiesta has a physical button for that but no doubt this new system it's in a menu.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom44 said:

90% of the time therefore have it off, fortunately the fiesta has a physical button for that but no doubt this new system it's in a menu.

I would normally blank the screen unless using something. My previous car had the option to display time on an otherwise blank screen, but I've found no way to do it in the Fiesta. Other members with early Mk 8s have made a similar comment, though I understand later versions of Sync have this facility.

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

The big screen reduces cost and need for some chips.

By moving more on to a display they would have anyway, then they don't need the climate buttons and it's associated module/chip.

Making the screen bigger might increase the cost of the display, but it's still run by a single module and it's cheaper than making phyiscal buttons, which is a shame.

The Mk4.5 really feels like a cost saving exercise to me.

Digital dash, fewer buttons, no fog lights, all reduces cost and need for computer chips to control them

No fog lights ? That the second ford then . Mustang doesn't have front fog lights. 

3 minutes ago, iantt said:

No fog lights ? That the second ford then . Mustang doesn't have front fog lights. 

Don't think the new Fiesta has them either. 

23 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Don't think the new Fiesta has them either. 

all inclusive headlights now by the look of it, although they are all now LED as standard.

Just now, Tom44 said:

all inclusive headlights now by the look of it, although they are all now LED as standard.

Only fixed LED though.  Even Vignale's don't get adaptive LEDs or auto high beam as standard any more.  £950 option!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Only fixed LED though.  Even Vignale's don't get adaptive LEDs or auto high beam as standard any more.  £950 option!

I’ve noticed that driver assistance packs have become separate and quite expensive across many manufacturers. I guess the traffic sign recognition and front cameras rely heavily on semiconductors

• Like 1

It will will be screens in EV, actually driving a vehicle will become pointless, just get in and tell it where to go ....F1 is gonna be right up s..t creek LOL

1 hour ago, JImpster said:

It will will be screens in EV, actually driving a vehicle will become pointless, just get in and tell it where to go ....F1 is gonna be right up s..t creek LOL

There will always be people who want to drive themselves. 

6 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

There will always be people who want to drive themselves. 

I suspect the day will come when "they" won't let us!😀

58 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I suspect the day will come when "they" won't let us!😀

i was just gonna say that, we'll just do as were told as always

• Like 1

I'm sure they might be lovely photo's or whatever they are but I don't have a Facebook account (and I don't want one) so I can't view your link

• Like 3

looks almost like a Mk4 just with a laptop computer glued on top of the dashboard 🤔

• Haha 3

I have seen a post on FB, that the manufacturing of new Focus in Germany was stopped due to lack of chips...so probably we can wait a little bit longer for our cars...

Seems they are slowly starting to arrive in UK dealerships now, hopefully the wait won’t be too long for those that put orders in last year.

Do the automatics have the rotary dial or the stick, I’m led to believe that the rotary only comes with the diesel and ST.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club