Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

6 minutes ago, Jimbob88 said:

Early January 

Damn, so much for order date takes precedent 🤣😭

On 5/29/2022 at 3:57 PM, Chera said:

I'm starting to hate Ford because there is 0 to no chances that I'll get my car this year...I just found out that the Saarlouis factory it's only producing the Style versions(without Sync 4, B&O and other extras), and the biggest issues it's that right now they're not able to fit modems into the cars, and this is not nice...I honestly regret that I bought this car that will never appear, my deadline it's march 2023, if I'll not get the car by then I'll lose the 3000 euro discount for destroying 2 old cars(this is the law in our country, you get max 3000 euro  discount if you destroy 2 euro 3 or older cars).

I can't get the money back from the dealer since it's mentioned in the contract that the money are non refundable 😞 I hate myself for deciding to purchase a car from Ford, I did this because I analyzed every single car in this market that fits my budget and Focus was the best option, but it looks like it'll never arrive... 😞

Its not only Ford that is struggling with components, 50% of world neon gas was produced in Ukraine (Neon gas is used in manufacture chipsets), that and all others things that effect manufacturing before war (covid etc…) 

Other car manufacturers has really big order backlogs too, example Volkswagen, Porche and Audi don’t sell EV cars anymore this year. Pretty sure even normal cars will take 12+ months if they even accept orders anymore.

1 hour ago, Ringmaster said:

Its not only Ford that is struggling with components, 50% of world neon gas was produced in Ukraine (Neon gas is used in manufacture chipsets), that and all others things that effect manufacturing before war (covid etc…) 

Other car manufacturers has really big order backlogs too, example Volkswagen, Porche and Audi don’t sell EV cars anymore this year. Pretty sure even normal cars will take 12+ months if they even accept orders anymore.

I know, but look what they're saying...It's not fair, I mean, they're basically lying to us...If you say that everything it's fine, why they don't deliver their cars in time? 

Ford Must Be the Most Optimistic Company When It Comes to the Chip Shortage - autoevolution

9 hours ago, Jimbob88 said:

Early January 

yeah, but it was an old order made by the dealer...Guys, please stop spreading false hopes to the ones who are waiting the cars, I ordered a car made by me in Feb 2022 and I was informed that till July 2022 I'll have no news, and by then, I think I'll see manufacture date to be Jan 2023, and this is not nice since I'll lose 3000 euro money that the dealer doesn't want to cover. I really regret that I picked a Ford instead of a Mazda

6 hours ago, Chera said:

yeah, but it was an old order made by the dealer...Guys, please stop spreading false hopes to the ones who are waiting the cars, I ordered a car made by me in Feb 2022 and I was informed that till July 2022 I'll have no news, and by then, I think I'll see manufacture date to be Jan 2023, and this is not nice since I'll lose 3000 euro money that the dealer doesn't want to cover. I really regret that I picked a Ford instead of a Mazda

I'm not spreading false hopes - I was merely asked when I made the order. How am I supposed to know if the dealer had already ordered certain stock?

I agree with you Chera and feel for your plight with the scrappage scheme you have described in earlier posts.. What is also true, for me as well, is that I also chose the Focus with some options, as it represented the best value for all the performances and features.

If you go on a site like’Autotrader’ and configure any make of car and input your minimum requirements , there’s not much choice.. nothing new, a few low mileage 6-12 months old! 
It’s a difficult and unprecedented time for buying cars, with not many discounts…

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Shinetop said:

I agree with you Chera and feel for your plight with the scrappage scheme you have described in earlier posts.. What is also true, for me as well, is that I also chose the Focus with some options, as it represented the best value for all the performances and features.

If you go on a site like’Autotrader’ and configure any make of car and input your minimum requirements , there’s not much choice.. nothing new, a few low mileage 6-12 months old! 
It’s a difficult and unprecedented time for buying cars, with not many discounts…

Exactly, but what can we do? I just hope our cars will be delivered this year, if not, I'll lose trust into Ford 

Unfortunately there’s not a lot we can do but hope, as you say for a 2022 delivery….

I could possibly cancel my order in July (when it was supposed to be delivered) until then I’d lose a lot of money as I would be liable for the extras I configured. I don’t really want to do that because I would be in the same predicament with many other manufacturers unless it’s a stock car, but little or no discount…

leasing short term maybe an option till things are normalised. £300 p/month‘subscription’ through Cazoo to include insurance, maintenance, service, road tax etc. isn’t such a bad deal if you take depreciation into account on a £25000 car after a year!(in non chip/ war times)

18 hours ago, Jimbob88 said:

Has anyone that has theirs figured out how to turn the volume down of the sync 4 voice assistant? 

Have you tried turning the volume down whilst she is talking, this works for me on Sync 3, hopefully the same on Sync 4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duke178 said:

Have you tried turning the volume down whilst she is talking, this works for me on Sync 3, hopefully the same on Sync 4.

Ah thank you - that worked a treat. 

• Like 1

So, very unexpectedly, my Focus arrived - Ordered in January - Trend, 1.0 92kW - I am happy 🙂

Focus_Trend.jpg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MartinCZ said:

So, very unexpectedly, my Focus arrived - Ordered in January - Trend, 1.0 92kW - I am happy 🙂

Focus_Trend.jpg

Enjoy your new car, Trend it was supposed to be delivered very fast. 

• Like 1

https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/2022-ford-focus-production-to-be-substantially-reduced-this-year/

just read this…and it’s not looking great for all of already feeling cold shouldered and shafted as to when or if we’ll actually take delivery of the Focus orders placed this year!

The main problem bothering me is that we seem to left to the whims of a ‘not a very normal organisation’ !

I can live with, if informed and cast in stone, that my order will be delivered by this date etc sorry for the delay, thanks for your patience, we’ll make sure you’re not out of pocket….

But I fear, after waiting till next March (14 months) Ford announces in a manner of fact way, ‘Ford will no longer be producing the Focus with the 155 engine, panoramic sunroof and two or three further options…’deal with it or do one’!

😵💫

57 minutes ago, Shinetop said:

The main problem bothering me is that we seem to left to the whims of a ‘not a very normal organisation’ !

I can live with, if informed and cast in stone, that my order will be delivered by this date etc sorry for the delay, thanks for your patience, we’ll make sure you’re not out of pocket….

But I fear, after waiting till next March (14 months) Ford announces in a manner of fact way, ‘Ford will no longer be producing the Focus with the 155 engine, panoramic sunroof and two or three further options…’deal with it or do one’!

😵💫

Exactly, they're focusing on the SUVs and boring ,,eco friendly" electric cars, and they're discarding Focus and Fiesta due to the low sales...If Puma had dual climate control, electric handbrake, I would purchase it, but having 1 zone climate, manual handbrake, it's a big no for me, plus it looks like a women car... 

19 hours ago, Chera said:

Exactly, they're focusing on the SUVs and boring ,,eco friendly" electric cars, and they're discarding Focus and Fiesta due to the low sales...If Puma had dual climate control, electric handbrake, I would purchase it, but having 1 zone climate, manual handbrake, it's a big no for me, plus it looks like a women car... 

fiesta , uk biggest selling car Every year iirc. Focus , it’s so popular Ford have stopped taking orders . They’re trying to solve this , not very well but when it comes to increasing profit there will be solutions found. 

Indeed, but again, if they want to do this, they should've announce us to not order this car. I'm really ***** of of the fact that I'll not get the car this year, I had the occasion to get a Mazda 3 instantly, but I refused it since Ford was a good car with more options...I guess I'm really unlucky, others got their car in 2-3 months, and others are waiting for 12 months+ and still no sign of it..Really disappointing 

Latest on my ST Line Vignale 155 Auto this morning, ordered 3rd February, build date has now changed to July. So far the dates have been May, July, Oct, Aug and now back to July. Any bets or another change? 

20 minutes ago, Andyiow said:

Latest on my ST Line Vignale 155 Auto this morning, ordered 3rd February, build date has now changed to July. So far the dates have been May, July, Oct, Aug and now back to July. Any bets or another change? 

Hope yours stays like that and gets built soon, fingers crossed. My ST Line X 155 auto with quite a few optional extras ordered on Feb 14 still hasn't got a build date (never did, always said cannot estimate blah blah in the site) but my dealer told me that it's most probably going to be built after October. 🥲

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Andyiow said:

Hope it’s not July 2023! 😮

Hoping you get it soon, my lease is up next July, at this rate I’ll have to put my order in now!

18 minutes ago, Nismex said:

Hope it’s not July 2023! 😮

Don't be silly !!! of course it's not July 2023.      ......it's July 2024 🤣

1 hour ago, Andyiow said:

I don't understand how Ford's scheduling the car manufacture since I ordered the car on the same day as you and initially I had Oct 2022. When the war started, my dealer informed me that my car it's programmed for July 2022, and now with all the bad news, it doesn't even have an estimated date...I really regret that I ordered this car since the way that Ford it's prioritizing the orders it's really chaotic..  

Titanium X 125mhev manual with almost all the extras(no panoramic roof, no chair package, no family package)

45 minutes ago, Chera said:

I don't understand how Ford's scheduling the car manufacture since I ordered the car on the same day as you and initially I had Oct 2022. When the war started, my dealer informed me that my car it's programmed for July 2022, and now with all the bad news, it doesn't even have an estimated date...I really regret that I ordered this car since the way that Ford it's prioritizing the orders it's really chaotic..  

Titanium X 125mhev manual with almost all the extras(no panoramic roof, no chair package, no family package)

The extras play a significant role in this. Parking pack, driver assistance pack and the Pixel LEDs headlights are causing delays in Fiestas and Focus at the time (many fiestas ar offline waiting for headlights right now). I know some cases where people have already gotten their Focuses after a 4 month wait (vehicle not pre ordered by the dealer) just because they didn't opt for any extras. But yes, I agree it's chaotic. Communication should be better about this.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, cnikolakakis said:

The extras play a significant role in this. Parking pack, driver assistance pack and the Pixel LEDs headlights are causing delays in Fiestas and Focus at the time (many fiestas ar offline waiting for headlights right now). I know some cases where people have already gotten their Focuses after a 4 month wait (vehicle not pre ordered by the dealer) just because they didn't opt for any extras. But yes, I agree it's chaotic. Communication should be better about this.

Well, it's a big problem. For example, the cars with only driver assistance package are coming very fast , but if you add pixel LEDs you have a big waiting time, so weird...

26 minutes ago, Chera said:

Well, it's a big problem. For example, the cars with only driver assistance package are coming very fast , but if you add pixel LEDs you have a big waiting time, so weird...

It's not that weird. Pixel led headlights (especially) and some other additional packs rely heavily on semiconductors. This is something that is still not fixed and won't be for a presumably long time based on the current events and overall situation. That's why Ford had initially started producing Pumas and Focuses (design line) without the camera and some other features that need it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club