Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remap gone terribly wrong

Mick Oliver

Hi I had a remap done test drove it when after 1/2 a mile i had to stop at lights engine cut down to 2 cylinders and tried to pull away did so at 2 mph eventually got home and back to the guy doing the remap and he said let me set it back to standard 

He did erset it and the car was only running on 2 cyliders but remember before the remap it was running fine no miss fires so he said must have been there before you need new coilpacks on 2 of the cylinders and new spark plugs but he did not fit plugs or coil packs which now the bill is over £500 till did not run properly and the guy who did the remap said he would ike the other coil packs fitted to rule them out at my cost which I had done

tried putting a new remap on it and was still not running right so if you removed the spark feed to cylinders 2 & 3 and it was no change so only running on 1 & 4 now at a loss as to what is wrong 

Has anyone had similar problems or some can help with a resolve PLEASE 

• Sad 1

Of course you checked that the "guy" had full business liability insurance before you let him loose on your car ?

Disconnect the battery, short together the two L+N terminals. (On the Car, not the battery!) This resets all the modules to default with a no-power loop.

Reconnect the battery and see it that has fixed it.

If it does fix it leave it alone. If not is probably going to need a new ECU and reprogram by IDS.

I see lots of failed ECU, BCM and TCM after folks try and 'Mod' them. This worked 15-20 years ago but now. Forscan is the biggest culprit.

H

16 hours ago, unofix said:

Of course you checked that the "guy" had full business liability insurance before you let him loose on your car ?

Yes he had insurance on his web site but when challanged on this he was saying no it only covers the actual mapping which is not what I thought it was 

I think that is rubbish but will have check it further now

Sounds like a trip to the small claims court to me.

There would be no way on earth I'd let him play about further with my car. I can understand the guy didn't break your engine on purpose, but sometimes things do go wrong, that's why he should have "liability insurance".

If after he had done the remap the car had burst in to flames do you think your car insurance would pick up the bill ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 5:43 PM, Mick Oliver said:

tried putting a new remap on it and was still not running right so if you removed the spark feed to cylinders 2 & 3 and it was no change so only running on 1 & 4 now at a loss as to what is wrong 

Has anyone had similar problems or some can help with a resolve PLEASE 

No need to buy new coil packs if you know cylinder 1 & 4 are firing swap those with 2 & 3 and then check to see if 1 & 4 are still firing 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club