Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Insurance Again

auldreekie

Not being nosey but myy yearly car insurance just arrived this morning, a increase of £36 on last year's premium now totalling £235.00 from Churchill. 

I've got a fiesta active1 125ps, parked off street on my driveway. NCB 9 years, in reality more than 20yrs but Churchill only go up to 9yrs.

I'm 72 yr old male, wife is also on policy too with same NCB, no accidents, points etc. Excess is £450.

Just wondering if anyone here with same car in similar situation care to say what they're paying on car insurance. 

Looks like I'll be spending some time on the lappy today looking for cheaper. 😱😩

1 hour ago, auldreekie said:

Not being nosey but my yearly car insurance just arrived this morning, a increase of £46 on last year's premium now totalling £235.00 from Churchill. 

I've got a fiesta active1 125ps, parked off street on my driveway. NCB 9 years, in reality more than 20yrs but Churchill only go up to 9yrs.

I'm 72 yr old male, wife is also on policy too with same NCB, no accidents, points etc. Excess is £450.

Just wondering if anyone here with same car in similar situation care to say what they're paying on car insurance. 

Looks like I'll be spending some time on the lappy today looking for cheaper. 😱😩

Our Focus, 2019, mk 4 1.5d both fully comp and parked on driveway with full NCD and compulsory excess @ £250. Insurance £205 pa.

I've just paid about £260 to insure my Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost. I have the maximum NCD which is shown as 9 years with LV and my car is parked off the road on a driveway. I'm actually claim free for over 25 years and I'm 49 years old. I just get a quote from the meerkat website each year to check my renewal quote isn't a rip off. I don't always go with the cheapest quote as reviews and customer service are important to me. I think my cheapest quote this time was £220 but I'd never heard of the company. I have paid about £40 more than this time last year so the prices have gone up. I don't pay for no claims protection but I have paid extra for a guaranteed courtesy car and motor legal protection.

Thanks guys, a phone call to Churchill managed to get the price down to £202.00.

It includes protected ncb and courtesy car if needed. Excess lowered from £450 to £350 incl' £100 compulsory excess.

All in all a £3.00 rise since last year's premium. 

No motor legal protection, had that about 20 odd years ago, they were absolutely no help whatsoever when a car hit my car when wife was driving, despite the obvious mis-statement the other party made a screw up of. Never used legal protection again. 

Which insurer is cheapest varies for everyone due to the wide range of factors the ‘ computer’ uses to come up with the premium. A few years ago I moved to direct line as they were the cheapest.they might not be now, I haven’t checked for a while. Don’t forget direct line are not on comparison sites. Always worth checking.   I also found the legal protection useless a few years ago,  I could have done it quicker and better without them. Can’t remember which company it was (the legal expenses cover is usually a different insurance company than the main motor insurance company)

4 hours ago, auldreekie said:

Thanks guys, a phone call to Churchill managed to get the price down to £202.00.

It includes protected ncb and courtesy car if needed. Excess lowered from £450 to £350 incl' £100 compulsory excess.

All in all a £3.00 rise since last year's premium. 

No motor legal protection, had that about 20 odd years ago, they were absolutely no help whatsoever when a car hit my car when wife was driving, despite the obvious mis-statement the other party made a screw up of. Never used legal protection again. 

I wouldn't be without Legal Protection. My parents were in an accident, there was a fatality in the other vehicle and my parents both sustained live changing injuries. The other driver was at fault and turned out to be uninsured. Luckily they had legal protection otherwise they would have had to pay out a lot of money up front for medical treatment and home adaptations etc. 

Hi.

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan.

Try AXA, they gave me the cheapest insurance for my 2018 Fiesta ST-Line 100PS..  i have 1 years NCD, and paid about £600, Churchill and Admiral were about £720

Also I find visiting the insurance sites directly gives better results in terms of price than comparison websites. 

5 hours ago, Tim.Smith said:

Try AXA, they gave me the cheapest insurance for my 2018 Fiesta ST-Line 100PS..  i have 1 years NCD, and paid about £600, Churchill and Admiral were about £720

Also I find visiting the insurance sites directly gives better results in terms of price than comparison websites. 

Can I ask what age you are? 

2 hours ago, auldreekie said:

He'll be thirteen next birthday judging by those prices 🤣

• Haha 2

The insurance on my 2010  Fiesta Zetec S is £275 for the current year.  Fully comp with all mods declared.

It's actually more expensive to insure than my other car. 😂  The other one is £250 IIRC, fully comp with all mods declared.

17 hours ago, auldreekie said:

41, but working and living in London, i always took the tube, so only my 2nd year of car insurance, first year was £1,000

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club