Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can someone please help

Afordguy

Okay, so very new to this. I have a Ford Focus 2016 titanium x with adaptive head lights, the car was sold to me with a massive wiring problem for the drivers side headlight ( I did not know about this until a few months of purchase when my headlight suddenly stopped working )the main wiring loom for the headlight is broken. I have been trying to get it fixed for about 3 months and keep coming to dead ends I can’t find a new headlight for the life of me at all te let people who have one are Ford but the cost of a new headlight from Ford is to much for me to buy, over £1000. Can anyone please suggest any other options I might be able to try. I did think about replacing both headlights with new ones that were not adaptive but I just don’t know enough about cars to know what would work if any. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

you're not the first to have expensive faults with adaptive headlights.

Trying to replace them with other types runs in to problems with the cars many control modules which will take a wobbler if the adaptive lights are removed. Then you run in to the MOT testing and does the car still meet the requirements for lighting type approval etc. ?

Replacement adaptive headlights can often be found on eBay and the likes, for £800 a bit cheaper. Your best option is a scrap yard, but the lights are not that common.

Thank you, I haven’t had any luck with eBay or scrap yards unfortunately. I’m now looking at replacing my car with something els  and trying to get away from the adaptive headlights completely 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club