Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2023 Pre Collision issues

Ben44

Evening all,

Does anyone else have issues with the pre collision system on the new Ranger? I have turned mine to the minimum but it is constantly going off and telling me I'm going to crash (even as low as 2mph). It is also applying the brakes for an emergency stop.  I did find a setting to turn it off, but it just turns itself back on again when you start the engine. It also tells me quite a bit I'm travelling the wrong way in a one way street.

It's been into the Ford dealer 3 times.They just try to tell me it's a feature, although today when it was in again they've changed to 'we don't have a Master Technician anymore', so home I've come with the same faults.

Ford Customer service advised telling the dealer the vehicle isn't fit for purpose and that they can't help any further!

Be interested to hear if others are having issues similar.

Similar problem on a 2022 S-Max

49 minutes ago, Ben44 said:

Ford Customer service advised telling the dealer the vehicle isn't fit for purpose and that they can't help any further!

Reject the vehicle if they have had 3 tries to fix and failed.

• Thanks 1

My 2023 Ford Ranger Wildtrak unexpectedly encountered issues with its pre-collision assist / front camera, displaying an error indicating it had malfunctioned and required service. At the center, they updated the software and recalibrated the camera, and now it's functioning properly.

20230622_100844.jpg

39 minutes ago, shepherdranger said:

... At the center, they updated the software...

On my 18 year old car, the only 'software update' she ever requires, is new tires! 😂

• Haha 3

One of the advantages of older cars that aren't governed by software is their simplicity. They tend to have fewer complications and require less maintenance. Plus, it's straightforward to determine when the tires or any parts need replacing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club