Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maps/Sat Nav issue after Sync 4 OTA Update

Al1966

Here’s my two week report …about 20hrs of driving …my car’s sat nag freezing issue appears to be solved after a whole day in the workshop.

Following my earlier comment: new accessory module & a day connected to a computer.

Fellow suffers may also be interested to know, I’ve got some compensation coming my way.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JohnRayner said:

I’ve got some compensation coming my way.

Does that mean you're getting the beers in ? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, JohnRayner said:

Here’s my two week report …about 20hrs of driving …my car’s sat nag freezing issue appears to be solved after a whole day in the workshop.

Following my earlier comment: new accessory module & a day connected to a computer.

Fellow suffers may also be interested to know, I’ve got some compensation coming my way.

Everyone it's interested in this topic, what did the tech team replace, was it APIM or what? I've been having this issue since Nov and Ford doesn't even care about it.. But it's Ford Romania not Ford UK 🙂

I was told an "accessory module" required changing.  It didn't seem to take long but the car remained connected to a computer for the day & unavailable to collect until nearly 5pm because a lot of data was loaded – or a small amount of was loaded slowly.  On the software screen, in settings, a version number is no longer quoted.  See the screen shot.

IMG_3147.jpeg

Thanks! The problem is that we can't go to a ford service and tell them ,,hey, look, my sync4 it's sht, please do something about it", they'll just reset it and that's it, they'll not replace something if we don't have like a ,,recall" number from Ford or a list of components to be replaced 

Since 4.2.4 update drive modes become unavailable every couple of weeks.Fault clears after 5 minutes. Have been to dealership and contacted Ford UK and both are suggesting it's bugs from last update as that's when the issue started. Still waiting on answers from Ford UK as to when it will be resolved.

9 hours ago, Peter404 said:

Since 4.2.4 update drive modes become unavailable every couple of weeks.Fault clears after 5 minutes. Have been to dealership and contacted Ford UK and both are suggesting it's bugs from last update as that's when the issue started. Still waiting on answers from Ford UK as to when it will be resolved.

Don't think you'll ever get a result, we have that Ford power up forum and there was mentioned that the development for sync4 for focus was abandoned(not directly like this, but indirectly by saying that there are no releases for ford power up 5 and 6)

I read on the German forum that the change of APIM of Sync4 solves this issue 

APIM Alt (defective):

Sync: 4.0 23159/915

SW: 1.76.53

Nav: 1.384.53

APIM New:

Sync: 4.0 23191/946

SW: 1.80.51

Nav: 1.415.51

• Like 1

Seems that SSM 52379 will solve our issues, I'll try on the 4th of April my luck with my local service hoping they'll order the part for the replacement of the APIM, fingers crossed by then 

Service modalità di guida.pdf

Thanks for the information, i hope they solve the problem at your workshop appointment

Keep us informed on April 4th in the worksohp appointment SSM 52379 pleas it would be a great healp

Thanks!

I'll share to you the results, hoping it'll be Sync APIM replacement, but let's see 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,
For those who are having issues with the SYNC4 navigation getting stuck, go to your Ford garage and put them to upgrade to the latest version of sync and also to rewrite the following modules : APIM, ACM, SBDO, BCM.
If they refuse to do this, give them the following reference from Ford:

SSM 52379 or TSB-24-2034 - Drive mode defaults to normal mode while driving and message displays in the center display screen with or without DTC U0253 stored in the ABS module 

IMG_20240403_122535_edit_719444769103676.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/4/2024 at 12:24, Chera said:

Hola,
Para aquellos que tienen problemas con la navegación SYNC4 que se atasca, vayan a su taller Ford y actualícenlos a la última versión de sincronización y también reescriban los siguientes módulos: APIM, ACM, SBDO, BCM.
Si se niegan a hacer esto, proporcióneles la siguiente referencia de Ford:

SSM 52379 o TSB-24-2034: el modo de conducción se establece de forma predeterminada en el modo normal mientras se conduce y se muestran mensajes en la pantalla central con o sin el DTC U0253 almacenado en el módulo ABS 

IMG_20240403_122535_edit_719444769103676.jpg

Hello! So have you been updated? or APIM change? Thank you very much for the information provided, it is very helpful!

As the days go by, confirm if the map does not freeze

Only updated that modules, so far, from a 50km drive, the map didn't freezed , I'll have a longer trip in the weekend 

• Like 1

Had the car 1.5 days in the workshop. Even with forum link provided, possible measures given the did nothing but a "hard reset" of the "Nav System". They said everything should be up to date. Not much driving yet. Will see if this helped, but have huge doubts.

@Chera, referring to the post from April 3rd (see below): I did not get the link between the fix for drive modes not being available and the map freeze. What's the relationship between these issues, why should one fix the other as well? Thanks!

Nope. they're 2 different issues, some are having this ,,driving modes not available", and all of us with sync4 are having this random navigation freeze 

• Like 1

@Chera, thanks for sharing.

Checked the versions of my Synch to your screenshot of Wednesday at 12:24 PM, both are the same.

Mine is like this since October, since the map freezes startet. So probably your proposed action for system updates referring to SSM 52379 or TSB-24-2034 might not lead towards a solution for the map freezes.

Report of today, twice about 30min of driving: No freezes yet. After workshop "hard reset".

Will see.

• Like 1

Hi Guys.

New to the forum so Hi to All!!!

I have new Ford Transit Custom 2024 and maybe my issue it's not the same i think refering to Sync as well, in my case once i connect to android Auto my Google Maps or Waze loosing location, to be precise showing only correct location only if I'm on east site of martime line so if i drive to Dover for example it's ok but if i drive to Reading it's showing like i'm in the middle of the North sea. I'm writing beacouse on Chera picture showing version number i can see version 915 when my 918 so looks like i have newer version then Chera. I'm wondering how if he have it installed couple of days ego. BTW after reading this topic makes me preatty dissapointed, the van it's absolutely fantastic (as for a van) but this Android Auto maps issue makes very dissapointing and then the Ford Software problems not being resolved for such a long time...

image.thumb.jpeg.09315f40cea55c88570ebe5a66e5b05a.jpeg

• Like 1

Surprise, surprise, the "hard reset" that was recommended by Ford technitian to the local dealership did not fix the issue. Just FYI.

I have had the same issues for the past 8 weeks with the map continuously freezing. The screen also crackles and goes completely black on occasions and then reboots after 5 seconds. On the warning tones for speed cameras or the road narrows there is also a loud crackle with the sound. I also receive phone calls through the media screen and I have had to end the call as the crackling noise was very loud (there was nothing wrong with the signal as I stopped and made the call manually).

My vehicle was with the local Ford Dealership on 21st and 22nd March 2024 for investigation but nothing was done as Ford Technical were still investigating. It has gone back in today for it's one year service and for further tests on the media screen. I am due to pick the vehicle up tomorrow afternoon.  Very very frustrated with being continuously fobbed off!

I have told them that it probably needs a new accessory module. But will they listen to me. 

I have now reported these issues and the poor service to the Ford UK CEO Office and they are now dealing with my local Dealership. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just received again the ,,Driving modes not available" error that was present for about 20 min.. I hope Ford will fix it someday.. 😞

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chera said:

Acabo de recibir nuevamente el error "Modos de conducción no disponibles" que estuvo presente durante aproximadamente 20 minutos. Espero que Ford lo solucione algún día .

And the map keeps crashing too?

Yes, but this behaviour it's random, sometimes it's working like a charm, sometimes it's crashing, I can't reproduce it.. 😞

I still have map freezes, mostly daily. Ticket filed. Ford is currently thinking about it. Again.

On an earlier job I worked with Garmin Nav developers on a vehicle project. Visiting several of their development locations for tech workshops. Even more frustrating to experience such a bug myself without being able to do anything.  Probably I should visit Garmin again, bypassing Ford.😜 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MK0817415 said:

Ford is currently thinking about it. Again.

Do you get a little egg timer on the screen while they think about it ?emojipedia.org

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club