Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashboard keeps turning off.

Bev Bish

Hi, I have a Focus 2008 1.6 Petrol. 

The dashboard keeps turning off. It comes on intermittently then goes again.  If I press the dashboard it will come on briefly.  Any ideas? 

Sounds very much like the common dry solder joint problem. Your instrument cluster can be repaired and refurbished for around £85  or less.

Look on eBay for companies offering a repair of dashboard instrument clusters or @rd457 can probably help.

• Like 3

Car has now stopped working. Got a replacement dashboard cluster coming. Now the tough bit. Will I need to reprogram it? 

1 hour ago, Bev Bish said:

Got a replacement dashboard cluster coming.

Bad idea.

1 hour ago, Bev Bish said:

Now the tough bit. Will I need to reprogram it? 

Yes it will need programmed for the immobiliser to work.

• Like 2

All your cars info "PAT'S" is stored in the cluster, easier to repair than replace. Just a soldering job refit and good to go.

• Like 1

Agree with @Jimpster. You would be far better getting the existing cluster resoldered rather than opening a can of worms with a replacement.

As well as reprogramming you'd also need to get the mileage corrected, which would only be possible if the replacement is lower than your original.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed with all.

Send the replacement cluster back and send your cluster off for repair

• Like 1

its a 2008 if i read correctly, contact Richard at Customod, he has a way of zero-ing a cluster, did mine as it had stupdly low mileage 42000 on a 2007, and in doing so upgraded to the larger LED screen as mine hade the one they only used/fitted for 6 months, which i did post up about at the time.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club