Do Not Sell My Personal Information

driver rear door not working

froggy8

ok guys

got another problem. at first it worked then wouldnt work and wouldnt work for few days till i changed one of my tail light and wierdly the door worked after that till i opened the door and closed it and now it stopped working. it hasnt worked for few weeks now and was wondering if anyone had that issue?

cheers again 🙂 

40 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

ok guys

got another problem. at first it worked then wouldnt work and wouldnt work for few days till i changed one of my tail light and wierdly the door worked after that till i opened the door and closed it and now it stopped working. it hasnt worked for few weeks now and was wondering if anyone had that issue?

cheers again 🙂 

Can you clarify, "won't work". Does the handle work?Is the handle jammed?  Does it not operate with the central locking? Does it open from the outside, but not the inside? C'mon buddy, help us out here LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Can you clarify, "won't work". Does the handle work?Is the handle jammed?  Does it not operate with the central locking? Does it open from the outside, but not the inside? C'mon buddy, help us out here LOL

sorry mate, my bad 😄 

basically theres no power to it, the electric window and central locking dont work but the handle does. 

27 minutes ago, adfeyc said:

...THOUGHTS...??

Yes, increase the dose of medication and seek medical help... 👍

• Haha 1

Spam.

Blocked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Spam.

In that case, as well as increasing the medication, a nice portion of chips would go well too 😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, update

I have managed to pry the door card off, everything seems OK but then I started wiggling the wire loom and the electric window briefly worked but how do I take the plug out? It is stick solid. 

20 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

Ok guys, update

I have managed to pry the door card off, everything seems OK but then I started wiggling the wire loom and the electric window briefly worked but how do I take the plug out? It is stick solid. 

The very fact that it worked, even momentarily, shows that power can get to the window, and the regulator is fine. Does sound like a wiring issue if a 'wiggle' got it going. Only this week I watched my mechanic unplug an electric window on my car. It seems that it simply pulled apart, I didn't notice him pressing any special locking tabs to release the connector, maybe I just didn't see it. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm what the knack is in separating the plug...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

The very fact that it worked, even momentarily, shows that power can get to the window, and the regulator is fine. Does sound like a wiring issue if a 'wiggle' got it going. Only this week I watched my mechanic unplug an electric window on my car. It seems that it simply pulled apart, I didn't notice him pressing any special locking tabs to release the connector, maybe I just didn't see it. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm what the knack is in separating the plug...

Many thanks

Ok, I will have another go maybe tomorrow. Its the plug that goes to the pillar from the door. 

24 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I was thinking, there's a cover over the pillar, I'm guessing if I take that off, will it show all the wiring?

Ok guys 

I have an idea, what if I buy a set of wire loom and replace it with my faulty one,?

2 hours ago, froggy8 said:

I have an idea, what if I buy a set of wire loom and replace it with my faulty one,?

Just curious, where do you think your, 'wire loom' terminates to?

Sorry I don't understand.

Do you mean where does the wire loom goes to? 

I will take pictures and show you what I have done and what I was planning to do.

20240501-133813.jpg
20240501-133818.jpg
20240501-133826.jpg
20240501-133834.jpg
20240501-133903.jpg

I was going to take the pillar cover off and see if I can see the wires clearly as you can see the plug, I can't seem to take that off.

• Sad 1

As you can see, I really need help 😫 

7 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

As you can see, I really need help 😫 

Yep, for a start, you can post the actual photos on the site by using the 'choose file' function LOL Those 'links' you did do nothing...

postphoto.thumb.jpg.5b76cd6947f966f901b4458fa2b6d583.jpg

• Haha 1

Il remember that fir next time lol

Anyway, if I can get the plug out then how do I put it back in because the rubber thing doesn't seem to go back on?

I'm going to pass you on to someone more sensible. Your definition of a 'plug' is totally different to what I thought was the electrical plug that powers your window! Looks like you are trying to remove the actual wiring loom and have just pulled upon the large fixing grommet. Problem with the internet, without an initial photo, you need to be very specific with language. Best of luck...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I'm going to pass you on to someone more sensible. Your definition of a 'plug' is totally different to what I thought was the electrical plug that powers your window! Looks like you are trying to remove the actual wiring loom and have just pulled upon the large fixing grommet. Problem with the internet, without an initial photo, you need to be very specific with language. Best of luck...

Many thanks for trying though mate 🙂

could anyone tell me if i have completely destroyed my plug please?

Hey guys

Been thinking alot in this, I'm not really sure what the best approach for this would be.

I was actual thinking if the plug is completely useless then I might get this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124542881308?epid=1237046020&itmmeta=01HWT926EMKV550Z3EWZPRYP0F&hash=item1cff558e1c:g:iUUAAOSwG6tgDYu0&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAABAIGbfQj7a33bva1V%2FjU1M6ADINVrcUN6wNkwhMXZeQMRTWgCxACGtmMd886SbIyMaZptBqv5zjQ6dyG37ejmFE4%2BrcEBMfXWF%2BDusEUtmD7v7d9cXra2RH0h6LQFCWlfFUTw2fVmOmjLbNRH5iJxW447J5IBucxW0jAN2mqrmj8wcmsUMxAod%2BND20TC%2FlhdhEld%2FNMRv%2BGXtMOFBgTem4qXrv0BsLTKNxBMJwLr86lsa%2BIRVsU80kRn%2FzmRJAk%2FRWnfu0N6PmEGTFzaztakv3OE4oDnqIcJ%2FplOybLZ4X8%2BXeHrxzQQphKXftxXjlF4j1ATLiH8WLqrywftrzddzA4%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7TniMnmYw

But I have a feeling doing it this way would be so time consuming. 

Please tell me if any of you guys can come up with any ideas as I really don't want to go down this route.

Many thanks 😊 

Looking at the condition of your harness, I think you are going to be forced to replace it. There is strong evidence of corrosion of the wires and contacts.

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, froggy8 said:

could anyone tell me if i have completely destroyed my plug please?

It's not actually a plug. It is a though body connection (not the same thing).

If you use a flat blade screwdriver you will be able to leaver out the plastic part, from the bodywork of the car. Refitting them is not perhaps the way you would expect. You need the full plastic housing removed from the car and then you fit the rubber boot over the plastic and push the whole assembly back in to the bodywork.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, unofix said:

It's not actually a plug....

Therein lies the thing that led me to lead the poor guy up the garden path 🤣

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club