Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MOT test pass certificates axed.

YOG
聽Share

MoT test pass certificates axed as paperwork goes.jpg

• Like 1

That's old news, been the case since 2021 for pass certs to be an option to not print one out unless customer asks for one but most garages still do. Obviously now the fail one not issued too . Makes sense.聽

Screenshot_20240503-200225.png

• Like 2

We haven't has pass certs for 4 years now here in NI, no option to get one either - don't really miss them though suppose it's nice if you keep a file of car stuff...

21 minutes ago, iantt said:

That's old news, been the case since 2021 for pass certs to be an option to not print one out unless customer asks for one but most garages still do. Obviously now the fail one not issued too . Makes sense.聽

Screenshot_20240503-200225.png

That's very interesting Ian, as it's not been well publicised since then. I wondered why I've not always received an emissions printout.

17 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

We haven't has pass certs for 4 years now here in NI, no option to get one either - don't really miss them though suppose it's nice if you keep a file of car stuff...

Like the people that used to collect all their Tax Discs before tey were stopped!

These are on eBay for 拢100.40!!

Tax Discs.jpg

Just now, YOG said:

Like the people that used to collect all their Tax Discs before tey were stopped!

Crikey, I still have a folder of them from my Celica GT4, and some from mums 20+year old Toyota Yaris LOL That's my pension fund sorted!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, YOG said:

That's very interesting Ian, as it's not been well publicised since then. I wondered why I've not always received an emissions printout.

I don't get emmision printouts either. 馃ぃ馃ぃ

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, YOG said:

Tax Discs.jpg

ill have to dig my ones out lol

There's a big difference between 'listed on ebay' and 'sold through ebay'. :laugh:

I did actually sell a few sets of tax discs after tax went paperless in 2014.聽 Only got a few quid each for them though.

The valuable ones are the classic ones from the 70's and earlier.聽 They get used at classic car shows.聽聽MOT certs won't be worth anything as they're not displayed in the window...

15 hours ago, YOG said:

Tax Discs.jpg

the wise person that buys this bargain - will rent each one to TV shows for the next 40 years at 拢2500 for each episode....聽聽 don't worry he's not an idiot - you're paying !!!

15 hours ago, YOG said:

These are on eBay for 拢100.40

I wonder what the odd 40 pence is for? :unsure:

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

There's a big difference between 'listed on ebay' and 'sold through ebay'. :laugh:

I did actually sell a few sets of tax discs after tax went paperless in 2014.聽 Only got a few quid each for them though.

The valuable ones are the classic ones from the 70's and earlier.聽 They get used at classic car shows.聽聽MOT certs won't be worth anything as they're not displayed in the window...

NI produced 'pass certs' in the form of a tax style disc which was displayed in the window...

Example

motcert.jpg.43d06dfdb8bc905b1bc13d028cc2f043.jpg

My own 'ex' car displaying both discs.

GT4LoResheadlights.thumb.jpg.b37b5ad71f9b81059e8ef6866cae1c17.jpg

• Like 2

It's a wonder you could see anything through that screen with everything stuck to it!聽 I was glad when I could get rid of the tax disc.聽 And always hated using a sat nav on suction cup, reserved only for when I was really lost. :laugh:

I wonder if the 2 ford model y and the ford model t have got old tax discs at work.聽

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club