Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Left indicator flashing when car off

Raymond K.

Hi, 

I have a 2011 Titanium 163 AWD with curious behavior. Starting yesterday, all left indicators are flashing when the cars is off. Works normal when car is running. There also seems to be an unusual beep sound when I start the car, just one beep higher in pitch than the usual (low gas, low temp etc). 

I suspected battery problems, so I charged with external charger to full, but problem persists. 

Appreciate any help, thanks, 

Ray

Quite possibly water ingress and/or corrosion of the Body Control Module

Thanks for feedback, unofix. 

Have checked the BCM and fuses, everything seems dry and not corroded. 

I'm thinking it might be the indicator handle unit messing up. Strangely enough, it seems to keep some sort of memory. If car is running, I turn indicator right and then to neutral, turn of car, it flashes on the right side. Doing the same to the left, it flashes left. Pulling the handle back (hazard light) makes flashing stop, but starts again when releasing. 

Also this strange beeping, it gives a short beep everytime I move the indicator handle. 

Have gotten hold of another handle unit, I'll try changing and see what happens. 

Thanks, 

Ray

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Changed the handle, everything seems to work fine now. Nothing visibly wrong with the old handle, though, so I am afraid this goes into my box of forever mysteries. 

Thanks, 

Ray

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club