Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011Fiesta Thread

2011fiesta

No no, I wouldn't put it through a car wash. I used the jet wash

its a sexy beast when its clean

thanks for pics.

Did you mean to buy scuff plates without LED lights?

Cheers for the comments guys

and yup I did mean to get the non light up ones, I have seen night pics of the light up ones and half wish I got those, but then theres the cost and having to lift carpets and stuff

• 1 month later...

Well my order from DMB Graphics arrived today, chrome gel overlays with black text. I've only had time to put the steering wheel one on and that was when it was getting dark, so will probably find I've put it on wonky tomorrow in daylight. :rolleyes:

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

I'm unsure about using the one for the front Ford badge. They should (hopefully) look fine on the rear because of the chrome tailgate thing, and on the silver alloys, but I'm worried that the front Ford badge is so large, that if I use the chrome overlay it'll look like a huge nose on the car. :unsure:

Might blu-takk it on and get opinions before applying it properly?

It does look huge compared to the other ones but have you ever looked at the front badge before, it is MASSIVE. I think other uses have added front ones without it being too big....

I really want the gel overlays but I am unsure of what to get as I am not too sure what colours go with a pink car, lol :unsure:

Wow, the before picture of your car..... that bird had problems, hehe

It does look huge compared to the other ones but have you ever looked at the front badge before, it is MASSIVE. I think other uses have added front ones without it being too big....

I really want the gel overlays but I am unsure of what to get as I am not too sure what colours go with a pink car, lol :unsure:

(lol I know, I wasn't even parked under a tree when that happened!)

I know the front badge is larger and I'm not worried at all that the overlay isn't the right size, my worry is that at the minute the dark blue ford logo is kinda subtle against the black paint work - but a silver badge might stand out like a sore thumb being that size :-s

You should email DMB to see if they can do a match close to the hot magenta colour. They are really helpful - mine were specially made as their website only listed black with chrome text - and i wanted chrome with black text. :-D

I would get carbon and silver if i were you.

• 5 months later...

Evening

Just thought I’d add my thoughts of the Fiesta after over 10,000 miles and just over a month away from 1 year of ownership, hence digging out my old thread from the rear pages of FOC ;) .

IMG_0182.jpg

To recap I have a 2011 Ford Fiesta Titanium, 5 door in panther black, with a 1.4 litre petrol engine which is connected to a 4 speed automatic transmission. It was bought from new and ordered pre-build.

I’ve just returned from having its first service which it passed the dealers red/orange/green traffic light system with green for every check point (as I would have hoped it would with being just less than 1 year old).

I’ve been completely satisfied with the car since day 1 and haven’t experienced a single problem with it. The quiet reliable engine has always started each time even throughout last winter’s freezing conditions.

Photo016.jpg

I’m not into serious modding so the only slight changes I’ve made have been:-

- Installing a centre arm rest...

SAM_0126.jpg

- Changing the foot well lighting to blue LEDs...

IMG_0277.jpg

- Adding an additional chrome strip between the upper and lower front grilles...

IMG_0184.jpg

- Adding a chrome DMB gel rear Ford logo to blend in with the tailgate strip...

IMG_0131-1.jpg

- And fitting door sill scuff plates...

IMG_0009.jpg

My next task is to add Fords aluminium pedal cover set for the automatic mondeo to my auto fiesta.

Still to this day I personally don’t think theres a car in the same segment/class as the fiesta that has better styling or a better list of standard and optional features for a car of its price. Although I’m now completely bias ;)

The only thing missing that I’ve really noticed has been an overhead light for the rear passengers, however Ford have added this to the 2012 Fiesta I believe.

My favourite features on this car, apart from its overall appearance probably would have to be the bluetooth and voice command. Like having electric windows it would be very hard to switch to a car in the future which didn’t have this. Having the car automatically connect my phone and allow hands free control, plus the ability to access your phone book via the cars dash buttons and screen is now taking for granted after nearly a year of having it. This is been so handy as I use my car for and during work.

The other thing I would need in my next car is an automatic gearbox. (Don’t start throwing things at me lol). This is the first auto I’ve ever had and again like the old electric windows saying, I wouldn’t want to live without it now – I’m been completely converted to the dark side. The fiestas older style 4 speed box has proved to have been very smooth shifting all of the time, while still having the ability to give a sportier feel when the accelerator is depressed harder.

In 2 or 3 years time, finances permitting, I’d like to upgrade to the all-new Ford Focus. Hopefully by then the ‘My Ford Touch’ system will have made its way from stateside to UK soil, and fingers crossed Ford will change their mind and make the Focus saloon available to the British market as well, (as I reckon the rear looks better than the hatch in my opinion).

I will of course shop around but at present I’m completely a Ford fan due to their design, in-car technology and standard features for cars of their classes.

Anyway, back to the Fiesta itself – I’d recommend it 100% to any potential buyers reading this who are looking for a small (yet surprisingly spacious) new car.

One happy ford convert :D

IMG_0383.jpg

P.s – No, Ford didn’t pay me to write this. :)

Paul.

P.s – No, Ford didn’t pay me to write this. :)

Paul.

Are you sure Paul? :D

Are you sure Paul? :D

Unfortunately they didn't :-(

1 - Adding an additional chrome strip between the upper and lower front grilles...

IMG_0184.jpg

2 - And fitting door sill scuff plates...

IMG_0009.jpg

3 - Adding a chrome DMB gel rear Ford logo to blend in with the tailgate strip...

IMG_0131-1.jpg

Hey, great post as for numbers 1 and 2 where did you get the chrome strip and the door scruff plates from? and as for number 3, looks really great, you should definately do the one as the front too! the more chrome the better! =)

Looks great mate,

where did you buy the strip of chrome for under the front grill, this would also look good on a white model, sprayed black or carbon wrapped would make the front grill seem bigger and more aggressive.

looks good in chrome on the black watch out for magpies though :)

Thanks guys

Hey, great post as for numbers 1 and 2 where did you get the chrome strip and the door scruff plates from? and as for number 3, looks really great, you should definately do the one as the front too! the more chrome the better! =)

I've had the front DMB overlay in chrome lying in the glove box for months now but I'm not going to fit it - I don't want the car looking like it has a huge chrome nose. The standard navy blue ford badge is much more subtle.

This is where I got the chrome grille piece - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ebaymotors/08-09-FORD-FIESTA-CHROME-FRONT-GRILL-GRILLE-TRIM-COVERS-/390134311036?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ad5d1287c&clk_rvr_id=266673228835&afsrc=1 - but I chose to only fit the bottom half

Looks great mate,

where did you bug the strip of chrome for under the front grill, this would also look good on a white model, sprayed black or carbon wrapped would make the front grill seem bigger and more aggressive.

looks good in chrome on the black watch out for magpies though :)

Thanks, I got it from eBay (see link above). And yeah I think I've done enough, don't want to excite the magpies too much (or be called a chrome !Removed! lol - although some may say too late already) oh well

:lol:

I think it looks good mate, you would only get away with fitting all the chrome since the car is black, but had you fitted the top part of the grill it would be way too much B)

Time to go now to explore some more modifying materials :D

As an aside, which Jennings did you get it from/do you use for servicing?

I notice its got Sunderland plates on but in the first photo pretty sure thats not the Sunderland dealership.

I'm only asking cos when i had my Focus i took it there and they were the most impolite and unhelpful dealer i've dealt with (servicing dept) - basically i felt like i was an inconvenience to them.

I bought my Fiesta down south, but when servicing due, tempted to take it to Holiways in durham unless shields or stockton or somewhere is better.

Looks nice to me! Love the colour and the little mods you've done :)

As an aside, which Jennings did you get it from/do you use for servicing?

I notice its got Sunderland plates on but in the first photo pretty sure thats not the Sunderland dealership.

I'm only asking cos when i had my Focus i took it there and they were the most impolite and unhelpful dealer i've dealt with (servicing dept) - basically i felt like i was an inconvenience to them.

I bought my Fiesta down south, but when servicing due, tempted to take it to Holiways in durham unless shields or stockton or somewhere is better.

Hi,

I got it from Jennings Ford Gateshead, (this was due to a good deal they had on at the time and because the staff were very friendly, helpful and weren't pushy like a certain Arnold Clarke salesman we experienced at the Newcastle Scotswood Road dealership). However it was Arnold Clarke Shiremoor in North Tyneside who I went to for the first year service, (as I know someone there and they got me a good deal - I found the staff completely different there, they were very friendly and explained how I could pop back at any time throughout the year for a free vechicle health check, free oil and fluid top ups, and a free wash and vac. Can't really imagine turning up at a new car dealer though and saying can you wash my car please lol, it would be a bit weird).

Can I ask what makes my plates from Sunderland? :-S

Edit - just noticed the Sunderland looking post code next to Jennings Ford on the pic above - I better get rid of these plates eh now you've pointed that out! lol ;)

Although on a serious note once I finish paying the car off (sooner the better) I'm going to buy some of the cheap DVLA private plates - the A1 ABC prefix(?) format ones. Should be able to fit a smaller plate on the rear then as the reg will be 2 characters less than the current one. Plus 60 reg is a bit out of date now isn't it lol

Looks nice to me! Love the colour and the little mods you've done :)

Thanks Danny :)

• 7 months later...

I can't see this being a popular post but here goes:

Over the weekend I moved my fiesta to one side to make way for this....

l1.jpg

(Is that gasps of horror and vomiting I hear throughout the forum?)

...yes thats right, a fully electric vehicle, and I've got to admit I was impressed. I'd had a couple of short test drives when the Nissan team were touring the UK with a load of Leafs/Leaves(sp?).

It is true what they say about the Leaf, you do have to experience it to believe it.

The acceleration is very suprising, and this thing is loaded with toys - reversing cam, auto lights, auto wipers, sat nav, keyless entry, push button start, cruise control, bluetooth & voice commands, folding mirrors, ability to command temp and charging from smart phone etc... and the list goes on.

The 24 hour drive is part of Nissans 'The Big Turn On' to electric driving campaign.

Why not take one for a spin too, even just so you can say you've drove an electric car, its free! > http://the-big-turn-...leaf/index.html

I'm not saying I'm a fan of the leafs looks, but I was generally impressed with the car. And living and working in a city with many charging points and free city centre parking for electric vehicles on charge, this is something I've thought about. The dealer I collected the car from was saying in a year or two the Leaf will be made here and the new batteries will double in range to 200 miles. I can't wait to see the Ford Focus Electric now.

Anyway, heres a few more pics....

l2.jpg

l5.jpg

l6.jpg

l7.jpg

l8.jpg

l9.jpg

l10.jpg

l11.jpg

l4.jpg

l3.jpg

My fiesta has felt very small noisy and ratterly since returning the leaf :( lol

24 hour test?

So that's one hour driving followed by 23 hours waiting for the bugger to charge again?

I'd be more inclined to support electric cars if it wasn't for the fact that the electricity to charge them is derived from fossil fuels, so what's truly green about them?

So that's one hour driving followed by 23 hours waiting for the bugger to charge again?

I'd be more inclined to support electric cars if it wasn't for the fact that the electricity to charge them is derived from fossil fuels

I take it you don't have solar panels then lol.

And 23 hours? Only half an hour for an 85% charge on fast charge. (Listen to me, 24hours with a Leaf and I'm a right little eco-warrior :P)

(Oh and happy birthday for yesterday Stoney)

Thats a really good looking car you have there Paul, the black really brings out the chrome detailing, also love automatics there a much smoother more refined drive, think if they ever bring out a diesel auto I'd go for it.

Thats a really good looking car you have there Paul, the black really brings out the chrome detailing, also love automatics there a much smoother more refined drive, think if they ever bring out a diesel auto I'd go for it.

Thanks Graham, I guessed you were talking about my fiesta and not the leaf by the fifth word lol.

Nice to hear theres another automatic fan here too, I love them.

I take it you don't have solar panels then lol.

And 23 hours? Only half an hour for an 85% charge on fast charge. (Listen to me, 24hours with a Leaf and I'm a right little eco-warrior :P)

(Oh and happy birthday for yesterday Stoney)

How much is it to lease the batteries?

And thank you.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club