Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Could This Be The Leak? (New Clutch Slip)

suddste

sorry to say mate but clutches and timing belts i only ever get done at fords

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suddste

• NorthSussex

• artscot79

• Stoney871

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry to say mate but clutches and timing belts i only ever get done at fords

I realise why now lol

BTW: I am a bit worried about spending £90 on an investigation, and them saying the clutch is fine as at the moment the slipping is very intermittent. It feels bad but if they say it's fine i'm really at a problem because I know it's not. Any ideas?

youre just gonna have to bite the bullet and have it investigated ide rather pay the 90 than have to buy a new clutch later on

youre just gonna have to bite the bullet and have it investigated ide rather pay the 90 than have to buy a new clutch later on

I will most likely have to buy a new clutch anyway, though, wont I?

not if somethings faulty even a leaking slave cylinder contaminates the clutch plate i had everything replaced

not if somethings faulty even a leaking slave cylinder contaminates the clutch plate i had everything replaced

hmm yeah, I wonder how they test the clutch. I hope they try everything to test it as it's very intermittent and they could say it's fine

Hydraulic problems will not normally make the clutch slip. They will give the opposite symptoms i.e. clutch drag. The is no clutch fork fitted to cars with concentic slaves, that's the whole point of them. There's no short cut to this, the gearbox has to come out and the clutch checked out.

Hydraulic problems will not normally make the clutch slip. They will give the opposite symptoms i.e. clutch drag. The is no clutch fork fitted to cars with concentic slaves, that's the whole point of them. There's no short cut to this, the gearbox has to come out and the clutch checked out.

any ideas what it could be?

weird since my leaking slave cylinder did make the clutch slip as the oil was on the plate

ive just been out testing it. I've found that it only does it even when I use minimal amount of pressure on the pedal (only in the pedal free play), with my foot off the pedal it doesnt do it. Is this a bleeding issue or what?

Release bearings?

It could be those?

TBH it could be a multitude of things.

Best option is to have it checked at a good Independent garage just to be sure.

Thanks. I wonder what happens if I leave it though now ive found it wont slip with my foot off the pedal

Quote.

Thanks. I wonder what happens if I leave it though now ive found it wont slip with my foot off the pedal

Why would you want to rest your foot on the clutch pedal? Thats the fastest way to wear a clutch out. That may be why you had clutch problems in the first place.

Trust me. It wasnt that lol. I would have noticed it slipping and stopped straight away

Trust me. It wasnt that lol. I would have noticed it slipping and stopped straight away

Sorry John, It just sounded like that.

John,

Other thoughts on your clutch problems.

1/ Have you had somebody else drive your car, and did they think there was a problem with the clutch?

2/ It may be that the biting point of the clutch needs adjusting so that it bites lower down.

hi, yes ive had another person drive the car includibg the mechanic who did it. All said it was fine but im not so sure. I did hear a noise when I started up today. Pressing in the clutch makes the noise go away and when I press the pedal in, it makkes a sort of spinning down sound

The noise is the throwout bearing isnt it?

The noise is the throwout bearing isnt it?

The noise you hear could be the thrust bearing; they all make a little noise when you disengage the clutch.

I think that if two independent people have tried the clutch and they say it’s OK, and it’s OK providing you don’t rest your foot on the clutch, then you maybe worrying unnecessarily, get one other person to try the car to put your mind at rest, and if they say it’s OK, then it probably is.

taking it to fords on tuesday to get a second opinion, i may just leave it lol

taking it to fords on tuesday to get a second opinion, i may just leave it lol

Good idea.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club