Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Audio Update - The Changes

Mark M.K

I've just updated my Titanium head unit. I now have the option to stream audio from from my iPhone 4s to the stereo (prior to update I didn't get the stream option on the iPhone), however there's no sound coming through the car Speakers. I've pressed the Aux button and get line in, if i press it a second time I get nothing (if its plugged in to the usb/aux port and I press a second time I get iPod). Anyone got any suggestions? I also still have the same voice as before, not what I'd consider a robot type voice.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iNath

• adamc260

• Mark M.K

• GJC

I've just updated my Titanium head unit. I now have the option to stream audio from from my iPhone 4s to the stereo (prior to update I didn't get the stream option on the iPhone), however there's no sound coming through the car speakers. I've pressed the Aux button and get line in, if i press it a second time I get nothing (if its plugged in to the usb/aux port and I press a second time I get iPod). Anyone got any suggestions? I also still have the same voice as before, not what I'd consider a robot type voice.

I have got this problem too. Any help guys (by the way thanks for the help so far - was very close to going out and buying ugly wires to connect for music!!)

Jacob

Have you turned the volume up? Seriously I first thought my bluetooth stream wasn't working but it was because the sound was low (even when set on 7 on the head unit).

Going to do the update tomorrow - *fingers crossed*

Yeah I turned the volume right up and just got Audio hiss.

I was listening to the song 'Audio Hiss' though but.... :D

But, no, thanks for asking, it is an easy thing to not think about when having frustrations with stuff like this.

Is this updateable at a dealers for those of us without USB?

Yes...but they'll probably charge you for it (around £50 im guessing)

I've just updated my Titanium head unit. I now have the option to stream audio from from my iPhone 4s to the stereo (prior to update I didn't get the stream option on the iPhone), however there's no sound coming through the car speakers. I've pressed the Aux button and get line in, if i press it a second time I get nothing (if its plugged in to the usb/aux port and I press a second time I get iPod). Anyone got any suggestions? I also still have the same voice as before, not what I'd consider a robot type voice.

I'm having this problem too, very frustrating!

Yes...but they'll probably charge you for it (around £50 im guessing)

Is there any other way?

Is there any other way?

IIRC I remember Nathan (iNath) talking about a USB port on one of the modules (I presume this is where they would do the update if Ford were to do it)

I'd wait for Nathan to look at this comment to confirm though

IIRC I remember Nathan (iNath) talking about a USB port on one of the modules (I presume this is where they would do the update if Ford were to do it)

I'd wait for Nathan to look at this comment to confirm though

The USB port doesnt accept standard USB plugs. It's smaller than a regular USB port. I tried squeezing in my Sony USB key.

32868777-2-440-DT4.jpg

hmm, unless Nathan knows of any other ways then I guess Ford is your only option

hmm, unless Nathan knows of any other ways then I guess Ford is your only option

Dealer is the only way at the moment - they have a cable to connect to it. I shall see if I can get my hands on one...

• 2 weeks later...

Is this updateable at a dealers for those of us without USB?

I took my car in and asked them to put this update on but they said it was only for cars with a usb port.

• 5 weeks later...

I have the same problem as in a message comes up saying the USB still is empty when it's not. Anyone come up with a solution yet? I got my car services in march and was thinking maybe it was updated then but the update came out in April. Shame as I can't seem to get any volume when I connect my I touch to the USB port so was hoping the update might solve this issue.

I have the same problem as in a message comes up saying the USB still is empty when it's not. Anyone come up with a solution yet? I got my car services in march and was thinking maybe it was updated then but the update came out in April. Shame as I can't seem to get any volume when I connect my I touch to the USB port so was hoping the update might solve this issue.

Have you watched my video guide? It's normal for it to say no files but should still update. If still having problems have you tried another memory stick, or checked what format they're in? (Will be FAT/FAT32/NTFS)

I'm doing the update now I've figured it out but it's taking !Removed! ages. Been about an hour now I reckon!

I'm doing the update now I've figured it out but it's taking !Removed! ages. Been about an hour now I reckon!

Shouldn't take longer than 20mins. I don't wanna tell you to stop it though in case it causes problems... =/

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this update fixed the adaptive volume mentioned in this thread on the October 2011 update?

Something else I found a bit strange is I cannot get my HP v165w 8GB USB working reliably, but I found old posts from two people with 09 Titaniums recommending them around the same time as I bought mine. I have a Lexar microsd card reader that works fine though.

Does anyone know if this update fixed the adaptive volume mentioned in this thread on the October 2011 update?

Something else I found a bit strange is I cannot get my HP v165w 8GB USB working reliably, but I found old posts from two people with 09 Titaniums recommending them around the same time as I bought mine. I have a Lexar microsd card reader that works fine though.

I have used both the 8GB and 16GB versions of this USB drive and it works fine for me - currently using the 16GB version

I had some issues, but then found a USB that I could remove all other files from, I made sure the files were not held within a root file (the files were not in a folder) and it worked fine.

I have used both the 8GB and 16GB versions of this USB drive and it works fine for me - currently using the 16GB version

Ah given the year of your car is the same as ours either my 8GB is a wrongun or they work better with the Sony head units.

EDIT: I think the October update might of already been done I couldn't notice any difference in it today with the master volume set to 7 and adaptive volume on the maximum 7.

The car did have a couple of iPhones listed in it from the first 6 months use when we bought it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club