Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gc88's Focus

gc88

Then the bottom ones again but blue for the footwell lights.

How long do I leave the fogs to dry before fitting people? 1 week?

I know its slightly different, but still painting.. When I sprayed my race bike frame I left it 1 week to give paint to harden, 1 year later paints still looking good.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gc88

• Lenny

• Stoney871

• Paddy H

Top Posters In This Topic

Its recommended to leave the lacquer to dry for up to 24 hours, after that it should be fine. Whenever I have sprayed parts, I have only left them for a few hours before fitting. as long as you don't have far to go in the next 12 hours I'd fit them, but you may chose to wait as it is recommended

Looking nice though :)

They were done Wednesday at 1300hrs.

Tbh, I don't see any time to fit them before next Wednesday so that's fair I guess.

Is it a case of screwdriver to pop the old ones out? And how do we change fog light bulbs?

Please be easier than sidelights..

Mtec 55W Cosmos Blue;

Dipped -

focus10.jpg

Full / Main -

focus11.jpg

I think much nicer than the yellow standards.. they illuminate more road i think, but not masses!

I'm chuffed with them though!

I just hooked my fingers under the chrome bit ad pulled, came off fine. That notch on the underside of the ribs is a screwdriver hole to help pull them out. Fogs can be changed by removing the headlight unit. you should be able to see them straight away underneath

The bulbs look nice mate :)

Just ordered my bulbs and ballast for OEM Bi-Xenons so should have them up and running in a few weeks. be nice to see a comparison with the Mtecs :)

I just hooked my fingers under the chrome bit ad pulled, came off fine. That notch on the underside of the ribs is a screwdriver hole to help pull them out. Fogs can be changed by removing the headlight unit. you should be able to see them straight away underneath

The bulbs look nice mate :)

Just ordered my bulbs and ballast for OEM Bi-Xenons so should have them up and running in a few weeks. be nice to see a comparison with the Mtecs :)

Yeah defo do pics!

I'll be jealous of your actual Xenons!

Like the mains, going to order some of these soon to go with my Mtec Cosmos Blue 55w dipped :) You going to go for matching fogs too gc88?

I've bought some cheaper 'ice white' fogs. I don't think I've used my fog lights yet so just trying cheap ones!

I'll probably regret it...

Fog light bulb changes tomorrow..

Colour coded surrounds too, and a good wash.

Even bought some polish...could be too hard work though!

Eagerly await 9am!

Right, fog bulbs changes, fog surrounds changed, car washed in the !Removed! rain too!

No polish tho, cause the rain.

Much prefer the panther black fog surrounds!

Here's one.

IMAG0506.jpg

I dont know masses about cars, but these have easily added 25-30bhp!!

Looking nice mate, although they are manufactured to produce a gain of 23.735hp :P

Might spray mine black, and then spray the 3 ridges white to match my car. Would be unique

Thanks haz, i wasn't far away with my guess!

I couldn't find it in the tech spec so just guessed!

Makes such a difference!

Doing the chrome bonnet lip black now, looking to gain another 10bhp from that too!

Thanks haz, i wasn't far away with my guess!

I couldn't find it in the tech spec so just guessed!

Makes such a difference!

Doing the chrome bonnet lip black now, looking to gain another 10bhp from that too!

Nice job their mate, they look great icon_cool2.gif

Thanks, I'm glad your here Lenny...

This is in my engine, under my headlights. It's stuck down but not connected to anything.

IMAG0509.jpg

Ideas what it is? Hid? Xenon?

Thanks, I'm glad your here Lenny...

This is in my engine, under my headlights. It's stuck down but not connected to anything.

IMAG0509.jpg

Ideas what it is? Hid? Xenon?

probably for the HID beam level controller and the motor to open the headlight washer jets that come fitted with the HID headlights and st models.

Hi guys,

Not sure what the connector is but it may have HP gains of up to 15!! lol

Jokes aside, it may be for the Bi Xenon leveling, have not looked into it before. defo not for the headlight washers, they only run off a secondary motor on the washer tank. They rely on pressure to left them off the bumper

Lenny do you have access to the ford ecat?? if so could you post or PM any info on the bi xenon wiring if possible. if not is there anyone else able to provide help on this??

Hi guys,

Not sure what the connector is but it may have HP gains of up to 15!! lol

Jokes aside, it may be for the Bi Xenon leveling, have not looked into it before. defo not for the headlight washers, they only run off a secondary motor on the washer tank. They rely on pressure to left them off the bumper

Lenny do you have access to the ford ecat?? if so could you post or PM any info on the bi xenon wiring if possible. if not is there anyone else able to provide help on this??

Haha, surely i wouldn't gain bhp from these wires?

They aren't as performance enhancing as colour coding stuff!

Did you know go fast stripes are actually proved to give +42bhp.

200bhp gains from a NOS sticker too :P

I don't know why anyone messes around with remaps and such like for improving performance when it is proven that all red cars have at least 500bhp.

Just paint your cars and job done.

;)

200bhp gains from a NOS sticker too :P

That why the Red ford S badges are £15 each

ill pm your later this evening with any information from ecat mate,

their isint any wiring references on the system but it does show the hardware, and you will need a leveling moduile to fit in the centre rear of the car behind the spare tyre well to assist the auto light leveling and perhaps sensors for the steering to get the xenons to turn with the wheel.

Okay thanks mate, much appreciated :)

I know the bi xenon st lights don't have the cornering function, as this was part of the adaptive lighting pack only. That maybe what the random connector is for though?

I do have some sort of sensor under the boot carpet, behind the spare wheel well, will have a better look later on.

Iv been away a week and you guys are conquering your little mods! SLOW DOWN. Ha. Looking great, big fan of colour coded fog surrounds me. Mtechs also are better, look great.

Iv been away a week and you guys are conquering your little mods! SLOW DOWN. Ha. Looking great, big fan of colour coded fog surrounds me. Mtechs also are better, look great.

Anyone for a set of these car seat covers?

I think im in love :wub:

http://www.englishtaobao.com/product/14806879685/%22Ascot+di%22+car+seat+cover+special+personalized+custom+Rubik%27s+cube+black

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club