Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6.5 Electric Door Mirrors

Yeah I'm 99.9% sure a relay is needed.... If you pm me your email address I will send you a guide of how to fit powerfolds even if your car doesn't have the relays.

My email address is xxx@xxx.com.xxx

Send me the guys number or email address. So I can contact him :) 35 is much better than 110 for sure :)

I have marked the connector I found. This is behind the glove box just on the left of the connector. I did not try to follow it since I had not time but ill try later on.

photo1_zps1249ed50.jpg

Ok I sent you the powerfold guide and the guys number to your email..... Might be a good idea to edit your post and remove your email address :-)

Do you have a switch in around glovebox area to turn off the passenger airbag? Maybe that's what the stray wire could be? I'm not too sure.... I'm tempted to go check mine to see if I have that connector too lol

Not sure but I think you are correct :) I need to check tomorrow.

The manual has loads of stuff to do lol. If I understood correctly he had manual mirrors and his loom was only for electric so he added the powerfolds right? Hopefully mine will be in place completely if so I am assuming I would only need to do the relay part and the rest is plug and play I guess.

Any ideas from where I can get the relay?

Thanks

I think he had standard electric mirrors(if you look at pic 4 on the guide, the piece of trim he is removing is the one for the electric mirror switch(and not the one with the wee manual joystick thing for manual mirrors) and the wiring is in place, I think the guide is just adding the power fold function, tbh I jut looked like a bit too much work for me, so I just opted to do without.

You could get the relay from ford, I don't think they are very expensive, I think you'd be looking at less than a tenner each?

Holy sheeeeite!!! How wrong was I? Have a look at the price of a new relay from an online genuine ford parts dealer..... Plus another £30 just for the switch.....are you sure you still want power folding mirrors?

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_power_folding_mirror_relay_f_1117693_c_482.htm

Well looking at the price nope lol ill stick with electric standard ill have a look at what i have and see lol. Any ideas how many wires the standard mirror has in the loom?

Coming to think of it if the loom for powerfold was in place i would guess that the relay would either be there or its place is marked so i am guessing that at best i have the loom for the standard electric hehe. Ill guess ill fit them instead since the relay not only brike the camels back (in terms of price) bit it killed it lol xP

Actually was looking on eBay and found a relay for 11 what do you think. It is used obviously

Actually was looking on eBay and found a relay for 11 what do you think. It is used obviously

Can you send the link for the relay.... According to that ford parts site, the focus mk1 mondeo mk3 and fusion all use the same relay.... But its one thing buying it.... And completely another trying to wire it in lol..... I will have a look after work to see how many wires are on my looms :-)

The only one I can see on eBay is £14.99 plus £3.99 p&p still a decent price, but there's also connectors, about 7meters of wire and fusebox terminals to buy... Don't get me wrong it will be pretty cool if you pull it off and retro fit them :-)

Ok I have just checked my loom, there's only 5 wires in it, but my car is a pre facelift and (someone correct me if I'm wrong) none of the prefacelift fiestas ever had powerfold mirrors? The plug from the mirror has 7 wires(pictured) and I just taped the extra two wires up(maybe my mirrors are equipped with powerfold without me knowing it lol)

B10422EA-3BA0-427A-8B27-8F94C94FAB8B-564

Well fir me how much i would like the power fold but i think it is complicated but i have a friend who might attempt it when i show him wat needs to be done ofc ill be talking with him before i buy anything lol

With regards to your mirror how do they close does it click? Ir is it smooth? I heard that powerfolds have 2 extra wires xD

Also the GEM on a facelift seems to control closing of the mirror once you lock. This is not listed on the prefacelift gem...

Another thing can you tell me where the switch fits I cant seem to locate it on the loom.

Thanks

I hope your mate and yourself are able to fit the relays ect to get the power folds working, take pics along the way and put a guide together..... I have never even folded my mirrors in, so just tried it the now, and there's no resistance or clicking so I guess my mirrors are non folding, I'm not too bothered as it was mainly electric heated, with the colour coded back plate that I was wanting(and that's what I have got):-)

Ok been backnout to look at my loom, I forgot to tell you that the loom on the drivers side have two bundles of wires with connectors, one bundle goes to the mirror and the other bundle goes to the switch.......

AFAFC0FB-9196-4CB8-AFA1-8610D308CBDA-578

Lol that explains the switch. Now i need the internal cover plates still have not found a set.

When i talk to my mate ill keep you informed on our decision lol

Thanks

Excellent thanks.

Just sent him/her an email for shipping since she does not specify shipping to Malta. Asked her if she has the left hand panel also :)

I think that means I probably have found all the parts except for the wiring (to add powerfolding) if ill attempt doing it. obviously depending on my buddy since I would not manage it alone haha

Could you pm me the details of the guy who has the looms (just in case I need them so I could contact him after I check my loom

Thanks

Checklist:

Electric mirror

Mirrors (found source)

Loom (you have a source)

Switch (found)

Panels (left side found (right side not so worried atm)

7.5A fuse (not sure if I need it but ill fit one in the 2nd slot just in case)

To make them Powerfold

Mirrors (have a source for powerfolds)

Wires: Simple visit to the hardware store I hope should get everything

Switch: (found source)

Relay: (Same source as switch)

Do you think I am missing something?

Thanks

• Like 1

Lol I had no idea you were in Malta.... I just assumed you were somewhere down the M1 lol..... That might make a difference to the shipping costs of the looms I priced up for you..... I will pm you the guys details and you can either call or email him. Aaarrrgggh I have just had a thought, you said that the part numbers of certain parts don't match with yours? Could that be because your steering wheel is on the left? If not then looking at your checklist, the only thing I can see that you might need it the vw fusebox connectors that was mentioned on the guide I emailed you?

No no our cars are RHD (steering on the right) like the UK :) part numbers not sure since probably just the revision is different. Those connectors i included in the wire part xD.

lol sorry for my lack of knowledge and glad to hear your steering wheels are on the correct side in Malta:-) will make it easier to locate the parts you require:-)

Ps. I pm'd you mr loom's phone number :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club