Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Syncing With Iphone 5

SJG_1977

Since I bought my car in March I have had no problems at all with syncing my music via bluetooth, from my iPhone 4S. However, I upgraded to the iPhone 5 yesterday and although the device does sync and the music plays, I have to turn the volume up to riducluous levels just to be able to hear it slightly.

Has anyone else had similar issues? If so, is it Apple or Ford that I need to speak to about it?

Since I bought my car in March I have had no problems at all with syncing my music via bluetooth, from my iPhone 4S. However, I upgraded to the iPhone 5 yesterday and although the device does sync and the music plays, I have to turn the volume up to riducluous levels just to be able to hear it slightly.

Has anyone else had similar issues? If so, is it Apple or Ford that I need to speak to about it?

I Changed from a iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5 and mine seems to be working fine.

have you made sure the volume is turned up full on your phone?

I am going to try everything! I spoke to Apple this morning and they said that having the volume up or down on the phone shouldn't affect it but it's worth a go.

Annoyingly it was as I was going for my train so I didn't have loads of time to play around with it - I assumed it would work fine so didn't try it last night. All I know is that yesterday morning all was working fine with the old phone and it wasn't today with my new one.

Do you have any other devices paired at the same time, or should that not make any difference?

I am going to try everything! I spoke to Apple this morning and they said that having the volume up or down on the phone shouldn't affect it but it's worth a go.

Annoyingly it was as I was going for my train so I didn't have loads of time to play around with it - I assumed it would work fine so didn't try it last night. All I know is that yesterday morning all was working fine with the old phone and it wasn't today with my new one.

Do you have any other devices paired at the same time, or should that not make any difference?

I only have my phone paired, but when i first got my iPhone 5 i thought the same as you (it was really quiet), once i changed the volume up on my phone (whilst in the car) it was back to normal :)

Oh I hope it is just that and nothing else. It's so frustrating when you're used to things just working! I will try that this evening and see if it works.

Thanks

Sarah

• Like 1

You need to update your ford audio using software you install through the USB stick. I had the same problem going from the 4-5

Great! I will try this too.

Loving this website, far more help than anyone else I have spoken to today :)

• Like 1

You need to update your ford audio using software you install through the USB stick. I had the same problem going from the 4-5

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/downloadsUpdates

Use this link and follow the instructions :D very easy

Great! I will try this too.

Loving this website, far more help than anyone else I have spoken to today :)

This will only work for the standard bluetooth & USB stereo - not if you have the new Ford Sync system (not sure which you have?)

• Like 1

Update:

So having eaten my dinner in seconds I went to the car armed with USB cables, sticks, my old phone and the manual. Firstly, I turned up the volume on new phone and that made a bit of difference but when I compared the old phone volume it just wasn't as good. Suddenly I remembered the !Removed! sound check button on the phone and it was on!!! Turned it off and boom, everything worked like a dream.

So, I can only conclude it was user error and my lovely car hadn't let me down!!!

Once again, thanks so much for your suggestions....

Sarah

• Like 1

This will only work for the standard Bluetooth & USB stereo - not if you have the new Ford Sync system (not sure which you have?)

Hi, that isn't for car equipped with 'Sync', that is for fiestas dated pre 2013...

Beat you to it by 13 hours ;)

Sorry for the swear word.... :oops:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club