Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how long ? ? ? ?

scottyboy

Right, going to the dealership tonight, see if we can get some answers. Going to try and get as much out of them for free as possible. but at the end of the day, i just want my car. iv got the log book in my name and everything, i just dont understand why its taking so long. iv had the log book about 3 weeks now. im just fed up of being mucked about.

All i can think of for them to throw in for free is a tank of petrol and the ford mats.

Anything else? help please!!

x

maybe if youre doing cash ask for a few ton off the price... extended warranty etc

cash is king

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucy21

• Jonny87

• shabazmo

• jma78b

maybe if youre doing cash ask for a few ton off the price... extended warranty etc

cash is king

Im sorry, what do you mean by "doing cash" ? if you mean how am i paying for it, im using ford options and paid a deposit.

Im sorry, what do you mean by "doing cash" ? if you mean how am i paying for it, im using ford options and paid a deposit.

Sorry, i mean paying for the entire vehicle, in cash, on delivery. Usually gives a bit of bargaining power if they know your not relying on their finance to buy the car, cos you can always take your cash elsewhere. More of an incentive for them to pull their finger out if they know you could just walk accross the road to the rival dealer, cash in hand, and give them your business...

Lucy, if you have ordered a Titanium, you get mats with it anyhow. Dont you get petrol and a year's paid road tax with your deal? I thought that was standard?

Sorry, i mean paying for the entire vehicle, in cash, on delivery. Usually gives a bit of bargaining power if they know your not relying on their finance to buy the car, cos you can always take your cash elsewhere. More of an incentive for them to pull their finger out if they know you could just walk accross the road to the rival dealer, cash in hand, and give them your business...

Oooooooooh right. well i wish i did have the cash to just go anywhere, but im using finance. surely a sale is a sale though right? thanks for the advise anyway ;)

iv just been reading on another topic that the velour mats come as standard on the Titanium. Does anyone if this is correct? if it is then i cant ask to have them for free can i! lol i need to have a plan before i go into the show room shouting my mouth off. lol i know that is not going to be the way to get these people to move faster for me!

The velour mats are standard with Titanium. Try and get a tank full of petrol off them and maybe some scuff plates. And fluffy dice! Things like those won't need to go back to the manufacturer. Good luck tonight!

WANT MY CAR NOW! I bought it a nice Sat Nav yesterday. Just waiting to stick it in my new car.

Maybe suggest that they "compensate" you for the inconvenience, extended warranty, year or two of free servicing, paint sealant or any of the other things they try to get you to buy when your speccing your car.

The velour mats are standard with Titanium. Try and get a tank full of petrol off them and maybe some scuff plates. And fluffy dice! Things like those won't need to go back to the manufacturer. Good luck tonight!

WANT MY CAR NOW! I bought it a nice Sat Nav yesterday. Just waiting to stick it in my new car.

lol thanks

How long have you got now? hope you dont have as much trouble as i have been having.

He said 4 weeks last Thursday but I'm hoping it will be end of the month. I could drive it to the Tina Turner concert on Bank Holiday weekend!

Right, going to the dealership tonight, see if we can get some answers. Going to try and get as much out of them for free as possible. but at the end of the day, i just want my car. iv got the log book in my name and everything, i just dont understand why its taking so long. iv had the log book about 3 weeks now. im just fed up of being mucked about.

All i can think of for them to throw in for free is a tank of petrol and the ford mats.

Anything else? help please!!

x

How come the log book is in your name and you haven't got the car?

What is going on here?

That means they must have registered it in early March without having the car.......

It sounds like they needed a certain quota of cars to meet their quarterly / yearly budget.

There's something really odd about this.............you can't register a car until it's been built and released...............so does that mean it's stuck on a transporter somewhere........if not where is it?

In your place, I would be pushing for a discount off your list price as they will provide some petrol with the car albeit not a lot.

I'd also be very interested to know where that car had been......................................... :rolleyes:

What is going on here?

That means they must have registered it in early March without having the car.......

It sounds like they needed a certain quota of cars to meet their quarterly / yearly budget.

There's something really odd about this.............you can't register a car until it's been built and released...............so does that mean it's stuck on a transporter somewhere........if not where is it?

In your place, I would be pushing for a discount off your list price as they will provide some petrol with the car albeit not a lot.

I'd also be very interested to know where that car had been......................................... :rolleyes:

+1

lol thanks

How long have you got now? hope you dont have as much trouble as i have been having.

Have you got yours sorted yet? My titanium... well is no where to be seen, not even a build date and no estimation past the initially end of April back when i ordered it 6th March???

Did you get answers? what extra's did you have again? i'm loosing the will to live here, and i rang again today and apparently as the sales person i dealt with is ill i cant get any answers?

"Should" be back tomorrow.... why cant anyone else ring ford and find out what the delay is? other people on here are getting more progress than me and i ordered mine first?

grrrrrrrrrr @ them all!!!

What is going on here?

Exectly what i thought. I feel very suspicious about the whole thing. I believe you could be right about them needs a certain quota of cars each month. Which makes me even more angry!!!! :angry: When i received the log book, i thought, cant be much longer now. That was weeks ago...

Do you know what else was weird? on the 25th March (2 days before the car was ment to be delievered into the country) my salesman rang me asking me to ring the FordInsurance company to get my 7 days free insurance. Now, this was all said with high urgancy. so i sorted all that out thinking i was getting it that week. Then i popped in the branch that week only to be told that it wasnt even in the country!! :angry:

Honestly, am i being taken for a mug?

x

Exectly what i thought. I feel very suspicious about the whole thing. I believe you could be right about them needs a certain quota of cars each month. Which makes me even more angry!!!! :angry: When i received the log book, i thought, cant be much longer now. That was weeks ago...

Do you know what else was weird? on the 25th March (2 days before the car was ment to be delievered into the country) my salesman rang me asking me to ring the FordInsurance company to get my 7 days free insurance. Now, this was all said with high urgancy. so i sorted all that out thinking i was getting it that week. Then i popped in the branch that week only to be told that it wasnt even in the country!! :angry:

Honestly, am i being taken for a mug?

x

This is a really weird one as the only reason they could have asked you to get the insurance would have been so that they could tax it.

All the more reason for concern here but it's got to be sales figures--that's all it can be given the date of 25th March.

Sometimes, if the car is a present, then you would register and tax it up front ready for collection (I did this for Janet when I bought her Sportka last Xmas) but the car was in the showroom all the time and they never moved it until she collected it just before Xmas.

So that puts you in an awkward position in that it would be difficult (not impossible) for you to cancel?

But, in my opinion, you should take steps to find out where that car is as this would be my biggest concern. Is there anyone senior at your dealership that you can talk too? Do they have a parent company that you could approach to complain about your treatment?

I'd certainly be in there giving them a major b******ing and demanding an explanation as to what's going on.

Not being funny here but it might pay you to take your OH with you as sometimes unscrupulous people try to take advantage of ladies..........I'm not saying this is the case but it's worth a shot.

I still think you might be better off cancelling as one thing's crystal clear--this dealer cannot be trusted.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. :)

i am in a similar position to lucy. Black car, was taxed at the end of March. I have the V5 registration docs. Delivery to the dealer was expected w/e 11 apr, but am now told that a delay due to easter hols means that the car will be arriving w/e 18 Apr. If it arrives at the dealer by Friday this week, I will be able to collect it on Sunday 18th.

Ford sells more fiesta cars than any other car so I will be a bit patient. For one week more!

i am in a similar position to lucy. Black car, was taxed at the end of March. I have the V5 registration docs. Delivery to the dealer was expected w/e 11 apr, but am now told that a delay due to easter hols means that the car will be arriving w/e 18 Apr. If it arrives at the dealer by Friday this week, I will be able to collect it on Sunday 18th.

Ford sells more fiesta cars than any other car so I will be a bit patient. For one week more!

Your dealer must have done the same thing then as it's a way of getting the sale for that particular month thus meeting their targets and achieving the bonus............. :rolleyes:

Fortunately, in your case, it would appear that the car is imminent--still wouldn't hurt to push them though.......... ;)

Your dealer must have done the same thing then as it's a way of getting the sale for that particular month thus meeting their targets and achieving the bonus............. :rolleyes:

The dealer's point was that it needs to be registered by the end of March to get the favourable price

[quote Your dealer must have done the same thing then as it's a way of getting the sale for that particular month thus meeting their targets and achieving the bonus............. :rolleyes:

The dealer's point was that it needs to be registered by the end of March to get the favourable price

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, ask the dealer for the VIN number, he should have this if the vehicle is released and on its way, then go to www.etis.ford.com , register to use, then put in the vin number and in the results near the top right you will see the build date + loads of other info about the vehicle, then you will have some info to hit him with if needed.

Not only do I have the VIN number but I have the registration certificate and paid in full. Just missing the vehicle. Minor irritation!! for now.

Well, look what the web site has turned up. Got a big fright though. I orederred a Titanium not a Zetec S, but it appears that the features section has made the right changes.

If you know otherwise, let me know.

My comments: Can't see the leather seats. Built in Germany. Build date was exactly what the dealer told me. I wish heated seats were available in UK.

Fiesta 2008-, 1.4L Zetec-S PFI (90PS), Panther Black (Metallic)

VIN Number: WF0JXXGAJJ9M84527

Primary Features

Build Date: 20.03.2009

Vehicle Line: Fiesta 2008-

Body Style: 5 Door Saloon

Version: Series 50

Engine: 1.4L Zetec-S PFI (90PS)

Transmission: 5-Speed Manual - B5/IB5

Drive: RHD FWD

Axle Ratio: 4.06

Emission: Stage IV Emissions

Air Conditioning: Automatic Air Conditioning

Territory: (+)"GB"

Paint: Panther Black (Metallic)

Interior Fabric:

Minor Features

Less Bulkhead

Niehl Plant Built

Security Lock Group #13

Less Convenience Group

Marketing Flex Prep Pack 3

Less Special Order Paint

Less SVO Application/Label

Marketing Level 1

Less Paint Package

Less Luxury Package

Less Tyre Repair service Kit

Power Front Windows One Touch Up/Do

With Electric Rear Windows

With Light Tint/Dark Tinted Glass

With Heated Windscreen

Interior Environment Colour-Syracus

Interior Feature Colour - Fairland

With Velour Front Floor mats

With Velour Rear Floor mats

Less Load Area Cover

Less W.Triangle Retaining Straps

With Electrochromic R/View Mirror

Dual Power Fold Htd Signal Mirror's

With Body Coloured Exterior Mirror

Less Passenger Seat Cushion Ext

Less Rear Centre Headrest

Less Driver Seat Lumbar Support

Less Temp Control Driver Seat

Less Temp Control Passengers Seat

With Driver 4 Way Mnl.Seat Adjuster

With Door Dead Locks

Keyfree System

Keyless Entry/Start - Passive

With Automatic Windscreen Wipe

Front Bumper - Chrome Insert

Rear Bumper-Body Colour/Lwr Accent

Air Crtn Rstrnt LH

Air Crtn Rstrnt RH

Inflatable Knee Bolsters - Driver

With Driver Air Bag

With Passenger Air Bag

With Side Air Bag - Drivers Side

Passenger Seat Air Bag Head-Thorax

With Steel Spare Wheel

Sculptured Alloy 16" Wheel

195/45 VR x 16 Tyres

Any Brand Tyre Vendor

Less Wheel Covers

Less Hub Covers

Locking Wheel Nuts

Components Unique For Alloy Wheels

Less Brake Emergency Assist

MK70 - 4 Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes

Gear 3.58/1.93/1.28/0.95/0.76

With Recirculating Heater

Leather Steering Wheel

With Speed Control

With Trip Computer

Outside Temp Thermometer

Matrix Multi Function Display

With Reverse Proximity Sensor

With Perimeter Anti-Theft

With Front Parking Aid

Standard Duty battery

With A/V Jack And USB

BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect

ICE-Mid Level CD+AM/FM Radio

Ice Feature Pack 4

4 Speakers Front / 2 Speakers Rear

Voice Activated Module - British

With Steering Wheel Radio Controls

Less Smokers Package

Less Daytime Running Lamps

With Front Fog Lamps

Header Mounted Courtesy/Maplights

With Courtesy Light Delay

With Auto Headlamp Plus wiper

Well, look what the web site has turned up. Got a big fright though. I orederred a Titanium not a Zetec S, but it appears that the features section has made the right changes.

If you know otherwise, let me know.

My comments: Can't see the leather seats. Built in Germany. Build date was exactly what the dealer told me. I wish heated seats were available in UK.

for info mine was built in valencia and from my build date to arrival at the dealer it took 4 weeks

So I ordered my Titanium on 28th March, and the dealer still hasn't got back to me with a build date or anything. What should I do?

I'm surprised you waited so long! Ring him up!

This is a really weird one as the only reason they could have asked you to get the insurance would have been so that they could tax it.

All the more reason for concern here but it's got to be sales figures--that's all it can be given the date of 25th March.

Sometimes, if the car is a present, then you would register and tax it up front ready for collection (I did this for Janet when I bought her Sportka last Xmas) but the car was in the showroom all the time and they never moved it until she collected it just before Xmas.

So that puts you in an awkward position in that it would be difficult (not impossible) for you to cancel?

But, in my opinion, you should take steps to find out where that car is as this would be my biggest concern. Is there anyone senior at your dealership that you can talk too? Do they have a parent company that you could approach to complain about your treatment?

I'd certainly be in there giving them a major b******ing and demanding an explanation as to what's going on.

Not being funny here but it might pay you to take your OH with you as sometimes unscrupulous people try to take advantage of ladies..........I'm not saying this is the case but it's worth a shot.

I still think you might be better off cancelling as one thing's crystal clear--this dealer cannot be trusted.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. :)

Right. I went to the dealership last night with my other half AND my dad :lol:

My salesman wasnt in and nor was the manager. So i spoke to another guy, another salesman. He tapped away on his computer and then told me that the car would be ready on Monday! (What?) i said that someone else had told me over the phone only today that the car wouldnt be ready until the 27th April! he didnt have an explaination for this.

I then asked why they had registered my car (as i have the log book) if it was not ready to collect yet. he told me that this was because the prices went up on april 1st and they needed me to have the lower price, so registered is in march - fair enough.

Then i told him that because of that, i have lost 2 weeks on my road tax. he proceeded to argue with me that they hadnt and nothing was wrong. then after my persistance, he agreed that i had "only lost 2 weeks" and yes, i know, its only 2 weeks, but that is not the point is it? so i told him i wanted the money back for the money i had lost.

Then i went on and complained about the non exsistant customer service i had received and he just apologised on behalf of my salesman for it. i said that i was fed up of doing his job for him in the sence of chasing for information about what was happening with the car. I also said that after i had paid my deposit, they did not want anything to do with me and i had been treated really badly. Its not my problem that there has been strikes at the factorys. if they had given me a call a month ago telling me that, i might have been a little happier. but they could even call me to keep me updated!

He then told me that he would get my salesman to give me a call tomorrow (today) to explain what was happening with the car.

So thats what im doing. Waiting for the call. im ment to be going up there tonight to sign the paperwork, but im not puting my name on anything until i have the keys in my hand. We did feel better talking to someone face to face.

My advise to all you waiting for your cars? KEEP CHASING!!!! dont give these salesman an easy ride!

oh, and sorry for the essay!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club