Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2 Common Problems Thread

jamesm182

Check my signature on the how to replace an intercooler pipe and that should help.

It doesn't work for me either on the phone but it does work outside the phone. Try logging into the forum via the mobile site...

Ah in which case try the pc lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

We've just got a 1.6L (115bhp) Focus Zetec Climate 2005 plate (petrol, manual, 5 door, 68k miles). We've had a few starting problems. On a few occasions, either after stalling in traffic (newly qualified driver :wacko: ), or just starting the engine normally, it either takes half a dozen attempts to start, or simply hasn't started at all. Electrics all seem fine, the starter turns over, but the engine doesn't catch. It's really frustrating and embarrassing and we are living in dread of stalling the flaming thing! At least in city traffic anyway. Out on the open road it drives beautifully.

Occasionally, and possibly unrelated, a message appears saying System Engine Fault, which disappears after a while. Money has been a bit tight since buying it, and we think we may have been skimping on the fuel - only putting in £10 or £15 at a time - but the problem seems to have happened even when we know there is fuel in the tank.

Can we ask if any of you good folk have any suggestions?

Many thanks

Where to start has it been serviced air filter spark plugs leads etc a system engine fault isnt unrelated anday be linked to youre problems so ide find out what fault codes are stored in it and go from there could be an oxygen sensor a cat fault fuel pump coolant sensor coil pack etc etc

Having problems starting my focus when warm, it's fine when cold. It will always fire up from a bump start but not off the key. The engine will just turn over forever and not start, displaying 'engine systems fault' on my dash. I have had a diag test and it's not throwing any faults up. I've replaced both the crank and camshaft sensors and still no luck. Starts 1st time when the engine is cool. Thinking fuel related..?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Sounds fuel related to me. Have you had the injectors looked at? If not then it may be worth getting them checked. Maybe run some injector cleaner through and change the fuel filter as that can make a big difference and will cost next to nothing.

Ill give it whirl mate ive got a feeling its electrical like relay fuse or something due to it starting when its cool

Naturally the diagnostic light comes on and also the picture of a car skidding ( traction control)?.

The cause is the turbo boost actuation rod keeps coming off the turbo.( due to the securing Eclip missing) tomorrow I'll undo the clip that's nots missing connected to the coils & lubricate the rise joints as they seem seized as there next to a hot turbo.

Anyway bear this in mind, hope it's helps

Power is nothing without control .

• Like 1

Hei...
I do have an 1.6 petrol focus,2005. when i drive or even when the car is not moving, if i turn the wheel left or right i can hear a sound ,a click which is comming from somewhere close to the pedals. I can feel it on the wheel like a catch...something is catching and the sound is comming when it is release... I was told that it is a big chance to be the steering rack... i did ask for a price and is pretty big to fix it, 800 euro.
Any ideea what can be? can someone tell me if there is a less expensive way to fix this?....what can happen if I do not fix it in time?...how long can i live it like that? ( I know that i should fix it right now,but no cash)
thank u.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

i do apologise if this is not the correct thread to post my issue.

If anyone can help, me i would be so greatful!!!

I have a Ford Focus Titanium 2006 and the sat nav head unit is completely broken. I cant seem to find one anywhere online? does amyone know where i could get one from?

i would use an aftermarket one but i need the heater controls.

Thanks Guys!!!

Happened to me:

The heated windscreen can fail on one side either its a simple fuse issue to which there are 2 1 for each side or some cars under the scuttle panel have the electrical ribbon loose which gets rubbed by the wipers when in motion causing it to fail.

Power steering hose just behind the radiator and at the join to the pump are prone to leaks from corrosion recommend every 6 months applying grease to the area such as vaseline to prevent this.

Hei...

I do have an 1.6 petrol focus,2005. when i drive or even when the car is not moving, if i turn the wheel left or right i can hear a sound ,a click which is comming from somewhere close to the pedals. I can feel it on the wheel like a catch...something is catching and the sound is comming when it is release... I was told that it is a big chance to be the steering rack... i did ask for a price and is pretty big to fix it, 800 euro.

Any ideea what can be? can someone tell me if there is a less expensive way to fix this?....what can happen if I do not fix it in time?...how long can i live it like that? ( I know that i should fix it right now,but no cash)

thank u.

Presume you've tried the obvious and pulled any mats/carpets away from the steering linkage.

If the noise is coming from the footwell I'd start at the top and work down.

- Wheel: give it a good tug backwards and forwards, wiggle left and right. Can you FEEL the clicking?

- the steering linkage can be seen at the rear of the footwell, aiming down behind the centre console. Again, tug it, pull it, yank it - possible that the UJ's are worn.

- Jack the car up and rest it on axle stands and give the steering and suspension a wiggle too. You miggt need to remove the wheels to do this.

Any defects under the car that are serious enough to cause an audible click inside the cabin will hopefully be relatively easy to replicate

Hi All,

i do apologise if this is not the correct thread to post my issue.

If anyone can help, me i would be so greatful!!!

I have a Ford Focus Titanium 2006 and the sat nav head unit is completely broken. I cant seem to find one anywhere online? does amyone know where i could get one from?

i would use an aftermarket one but i need the heater controls.

Thanks Guys!!!

Are your heater controls not located below the HU?

My focus will not start when engine is warm. Have to wait for it to cool down before i can restart. - tried replacing crank/cam sensors.. coil pack etc. Will not show any codes on diag test. Only thing it does is display engine systems fault on dash when cranking the engine while its warm. Immob light also flashes rapidly for a minute then flashes in a sequence. Neeed help!

hi Does anyone know where i can get one of these sat nav unit (the one in my profile pic).

thanks everyone

hi Does anyone know where i can get one of these sat nav unit (the one in my profile pic).

thanks everyone

eBay.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Hi thanks for the reply, I can't find any in eBay.

Keep an eye out on the bay, they do come up occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.