Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2 Common Problems Thread

jamesm182

Hi Guys,

thanks for all of your replys!!

clive the one in my car is slightly different this unit is slighlty older than the on i have in my car. Thanks anyway i appreciate the effort. :)

if anyone else has one for sale or knows where i can get one i would be forever in your debt. its pretty cold at the moment and i would love heat again lol

damn thats terrible my friend hope you get one soon! Im in the caribbean , i have a 2006 mk2 1.6 litre gas focus.The only easily accessible market for reasonably priced oparts is the US. Some parts are compatible suspension wise. I saw the 201 model focus they have now shares the same hole pattern as mine 5x 108. I was wondering is the rotors would be compatiblle? Also my shifter knob is breaking apart (auto) and i was wondering if i could easily retrofit a shifter knob from the US model? Appreciate all assistance. Thanks.!

Has anyone got a 1.6 diesel? If so, how many miles do you get on a full tank on average? Im concerned my MPG on my new Focus, ive done 150 miles on half tank

Help!

I have a 2008 Focus 1.8 tdci and have owned it for two years now. Recently the engine malfunction warning light with sound appeared.

No loss of power or anything else. Only when I got home and backing into my drive, I noticed I had no brake lights!

The next morning the warning light cleared and the brake lights worked again. Strange, but great.

Four days ago the same thing happened, but this time the warning light continues to stay on with no brake lights.

Researching, the most common explanation has something to do with DPF. I did a self test using ignition key and menu button and the code that comes up is exactly 'DTC #01 9601'. If this is a particular filter issue then why are brake lights not working, and yes I have checked the fuses.

If it helps my car has only 45k. Don't want to fork out loads of cash on unnecessary work.

Any advice would be much appreciated, Thanks.

You'll probably need a code reader of some sort to get the codes off your car - the cluster test mode only brings up DTC's stored for faults in the cluster, info on the web suggests your DTC is related to passive key not found.

Thanks, I'll try with spare keys...they've never been used. I'll update in morning 👍

A lot of times you'll find the key DTC on the cluster as coming from the first time the ECU, cluster and keys were initialised and matched together on the production line.

As said by Troy, get a proper code reader and go from there.

Thanks for the advice. I know someone who has a code reader, will try to get them to come over this weekend.

Just got back from school run and omg the warning light has gone out and brake lights back on. Still going to ask my friend to check error codes!

FYI I used spare key, don't think they did anything because I also did a quick self test and the DTC code is still the same.

The mystery continues.. will update if anything changes.

Thanks stoney871 and troy45.

Check all the earth points are secure

When I turn the wipers on the first level or the raer wiper, I can hear the relay clickling in the glovebox area. Does anyone else has similar problem or this is a particular issue with my car?

Perfectly normal, the relay directs power to the motor so you have nothing to worry about

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You've got automatic wipers, when the car senses it's raining it switches the wipers on by switching a rely and directing power to the wipers

The relay click is perfectly normal

the first click of the stalk engages the automatic mode the next click is slow constant the next click is fast constant

Hope that helps

Trac

Evening all,

Just started hearing a wining noise when the engine is revved, read up about the noise and people have said it's hose on turbo leaked. Just checked it and there is oil as seen in the photo.

The photo is taken from the left side of the engine looking face on.

I'm going to take it to a garage but can anyone shed any light on to my situation.

Many thanks

Chris

post-61707-0-65160500-1420743367_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 11 plate MK2.5 Focus (does that still count?) with 9k miles on it. My passenger side and driver side windows do not clear any rain/mist etc when winding them down. Remember reading around that this is a common problem and the solution is just to put rain repellent on the windows. Unless someone has a solution for this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

i purchased a ford focus MK2 1.6 tdci 2006 at the time i didn't notice the air bag light wasn't showing i only noticed this after coming home.

I thought it might be a faulty bulb at the time but when removed the cluster speedo and found the LED had been taped up with a bit of insulation tape, after removing the tape and placing the cluster back into the car and noticed the air bag light coming on as soon as the key is turned and staying on, also now the mileage display has gone (can only see green back light no display).

Has anyone had this issue before with the air bag then with the display going blank?

cheers

post-62500-0-41803000-1422731592_thumb.j