Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk1 Mods

paul_focus

Dose any one kno what gearbox oil my ford focus 1.8 16v 2003 takes and can u get transmition flush for when I change my transmition fluid.

I was thinking of mounting my my focus mk1 2003 on some 17 inch st alloys and was just woundering would they fit I'll try and upload a photo if some one could photo shop it with then on thank you hope this photo helps thanks guys post-48420-139078110744_thumb.jpg

I'll have a go in the morning buddy!

I was thinking of mounting my my focus mk1 2003 on some 17 inch st alloys and was just woundering would they fit I'll try and upload a photo if some one could photo shop it with then on thank you hope this photo helps thanks guys attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1390781105.546725.jpg

Let me know how you get on with that as I was also thinking of do this!

Hi All,

I'm toying with the idea of fitting a 3M cone air filter to my mk1 1.8 Focus

(shown here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Air-Filter-Unit-Universal-Included/dp/B001CKB6NC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1ZM6J7ZBU9GP6&coliid=I2QLXGPULFGODB#productDetails) as it's quite cheap

Any ideas about?

(1) the air box, do I need to remove it? Can it be adapted?

(2) the breather pipe? where should I attach it

Any ideas?

TIA

Bob :unsure:

What size are the st170 alloys mate they look good

Paul, they are 17" and normally have 215/45/R17 tyres

Hi All,

I'm toying with the idea of fitting a 3M cone air filter to my mk1 1.8 Focus(shown here: 

Is there meant to be a photo mate

Thank you James I will keep them in mind thank you have any of u got any feedback on a de cat for my focus

Just had all 4 tyres filled with nitrogen and what a diffrence

What difference does that make? I know it is a more stable gas than air but what does it do to the ability of the car?

It makes less road noise and it leaks a lot less pressure than air air loses 1-2 psi a month where nitrogen loses 1psi ever 5-6 month and the car just fells better in corners and the steering seems more responsive I would recommend to any one it's worth a go

All tyres can take nitrogen they just deflate your existing tyres and then fill them up with nitrogen gas to your own psi limit ats euro master are doing 4tyres for £5

Hey guys I was woundering could I put engine parts out of a st170 in to my mk1 2003 1.8 focus to get more power out of her won't out doing a engine transplant if so what do I need to change thank you

It makes less road noise and it leaks a lot less pressure than air air loses 1-2 psi a month where nitrogen loses 1psi ever 5-6 month and the car just fells better in corners and the steering seems more responsive I would recommend to any one it's worth a go

Nitrogen cannot increase grip of the tyres, PSI for PSI, its the same as air so you could get the same effect by increasing the PSI of the air in your tyres, the pure nitrogens' pressure changes less with different temperatures, though

As it contains no water the nitrogen never freezes unlke air so nitrogen keeps the tyres natural form in cold weather

Cool I. Just won a st 170 snorkel and pipe for £12 of eBay and now iv just won a stainless steel de cat and 4-2-1 manifold for £69. Will a 4-2-1 manifold make much diffrence to my bhp output it say 20% on the sellers site

It will vary from car to car but I'd say 20% is ambitious. Id say up to 10hp for the decat and full system together which will probably be noticeable. The new system will likely be lighter too which will help power/weight.

Good buy on the 170 snorkel. That's a steal ^_^

Yer it's just the snorkel and pipes no lower box but for the price can't complain and as for the new manifold well that's a price that can't be complained at

Stainless manifold for 70 quid, you really can't complain:P

Sound's a mapping will be needed to bring all these mod's together..?

Well there is a place near me that claim that the 4-2-1 manifold will give me about 20bhp so that's 115 -135 plus a remap that's almost 150-160 bhp before induction kit and exhaust

post-48420-139151378652_thumb.jpgpost-48420-139151380145_thumb.jpg

New induction filter with a exhaust heat shield used as a cover. It feels like it has improved the power slightly and gives a nice sporty roar when u put ya foot down

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club