Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fair 2014 - Who's Going?

iNath

Just having a discussion with the boss lol. Can someone confirm that even tho be on the stand can leave at dinner? We have a christening to get to in london for 3ish. :)

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

I'd also like to know this just for preference as it states on the letter that you can't leave until it closes to public at 17:30 ?

I left around 3 last year I think. It may be more difficult with where we are this year.

You don't have to stay till 5.30 unless it is unsafe for you to get your car to the exit because of the volume of people. Basically the stewards reserve the right to refuse you the ability to leave if it is too busy.

Just read the letter and it doesn't say have to leave at 5.30 :S I hope not :(

This is from the ford fair website:

Q: What time can I leave?

A: The show closes at 5.00pm and you may be asked to return to your stand before this time if it is deemed unsafe for vehicle movement due to the volume of pedestrians.

So as that suggests any time then as long as it's safe to do so :)

I'll be coming with the girlfriend, and doing the 2.00pm mountune slot track time. First time on track and at ford fair, can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Will you be on the stand Nick? I'll have some Mountune jealousy, getting mine ordered soon but not soon enough for Ford Fair.

Unfortunately not. I missed the post back in April when tickets went out. Unless you know if there are any spaces, would be nice to be on the stand

I got a spare pass from jamesm182, if you PM him he might still have some. If not I have a spare pass for the Fiesta OC stand which you can have.

I'll pm him now. Would I need two though as I'm coming with the girlfriend

Pass is for the car, you need 1 pass, 2 tickets.

Ahh I see, cheers guys

I'll be coming with the girlfriend, and doing the 2.00pm mountune slot track time. First time on track and at ford fair, can't wait

How did you book mountune track time? I want to have a go on the track but nearly all the novice sessions are sold out online except 9 am and 4:40pm lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

Go into mountune store then click events, then when you checkout type RACINGLINE in the discount box all uppercase which gives you a discount so you only pay £20.00

Thank you ;)

Can you take passengers?

I think passengers are £10 and they can pay on the day, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah that's correct, forgot to mention that. You will also need to hire a helmet on the day if you don't own one

Also your only allowed one passenger per car

Thanks a lot guys, massive help! Both have helmets so we're all good. Will book my track time on Friday. Can't believe it's next week!!

I know getting close now. Are you on the FOC stand?

I am not! Will come say hello though :)

I've got my track time booked for Novice, and own a 1l 100hp Fiesta, but i'm getting worried that i shouldn't do it. Looking at previous years cars on the track scares me a bit. Should i be scared?

I think if you weren't scared there would be something wrong with you lol, especially in a new car. It all depends on the attitude of the other drivers. I've been a passenger in a friend's car at Trax (Silverstone) and Japfest, and there was a huge difference in the behavior of the other drivers. At Japfest they followed the rules, not overtaking on corners etc but at Trax they were crazy, overtaking us on both sides round corners and under braking etc. Hopefully someone who has been to Ford Fair before can tell you what you can expect, but if it's anything like it was at Trax you need to have your head on a swivel, and make sure you get insurance :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club