Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Range - Red & Black Editions

D13 HPD 95

Got my summer tyres on today. Makes a bit of a difference I'd say. :-)

That's a really nice photo :). Did you Photoshop some blur into the surroundings? It looks like it's in a videogame lol.

That's a really nice photo :). Did you Photoshop some blur into the surroundings? It looks like it's in a videogame lol.

I sure did! I'm not always for realism. ;-)

1.25 foxy, is that a diesel? My sister law is looking at 125 bhp eco boost fiesta to replace her diesel focus. Until a few days ago she thought eco boost was an energy bar!!

The 1.25 is the non ecoboost 80bhp beast right? ;)

Thats right, a 1.25 petrol. No turbo just a 4 cylinder engine. 80odd BHP is quite respectable really, we just got spoiled by the Ecoboost engines!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Mine with summer tires on.. and some vinyl eyebrows

post-61790-0-30271000-1426976380_thumb.j

post-61790-0-12216700-1426976382_thumb.j

post-61790-0-28913900-1426976384_thumb.j

• Like 2

Very nice pics of Fiesta's on here makes me feel like I should clean mine! Got the eco boost on some nice long quiet northern moorland roads today. Very impressive tool on the twisty open stuff. Ford's claimed 67mpg went right out the window though!! It is a delight to drive through the gears. Without doubt a solid driver's car.

• Like 2

Got mine today, and given the 'S' badge for the back FOC.

Might keep it just to the back, the front is already revealing enough, the back mostly looks like a standard black fiesta.

Love it though! Bit tight at the moment on 11 miles but once it loosens up a bit I am sure the power will be there more. It has a lot more pull without the turbo, in 5th, 30mph/sub 30mph. Obviously won't do it often right now until the engine works in a bit.

Don't drive it in 5 at 30mph mate. 4th at 30 is pushing it. I'm not sure how the gearing is on yours but I'd recommend 3rd at 30 if it's arround 1800 - 2000 RPM.

Yeah this is a good topic. It's terrible for an engine to labour it and I sort of understand the basic mechanics of that but it seems very easy to do this in the 140ps that's in the red/black. My theory was because when you're firmly off-boost you have all the bad characteristics of a small 1.0 3cyl.

Sometimes at a shade under 30 in 4th you feel a bit of judder and so in mixed traffic I'll always try to knock it down to 3rd to be kinder. To be honest the whole 'eco' thing doesn't help Ford here because IMO and from the feeling if you're doing 2100rpm in 3rd at around 30 (from memory) it ALWAYS wants you to shift up at probably the most pointless speed to do so.

Rule of thumb for me is if I'm a little over 2k and not about to slow down then shift up.

@Willy - Red/Black have shorter gearing so they say but the top speed is 3mph higher so it seems to make no sense to me. Maybe 5th is longer but 2nd seems very short for example. The gearing is weird enough to make 30 in 3rd gear feel touch and go though. As you say I wouldn't be doing 5th for less than 40ish for example.

Anyone have any thoughts or technical experience on the matter?

• Like 1

All id say is if economy is what you want buy a 100ps

Black and Red like a good run out!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Red/Black have shorter gearing so they say but the top speed is 3mph higher so it seems to make no sense to me.

I doubt any of these cars would hit the limiter before they get to whatever top speed they are capable of (unless Ford made a mess of the gearing), so if that's the case then the slightly higher top speed makes sense. Especially if the shorter gearing allows the red/black to be revving higher and producing more power around it's top speed, that could help to push an extra mph or two out of the car.

The gearing does take a bit of getting used to, but the car has enough grunt. You hit the limiter in third at just under 90mph (on track), but it pulls well from under 4000rpm, and you can cruise cruise around in fourth at 30mph. Pretty flexible.

Picked up my red last week, coming from a Twingo RS 133 it's taking a bit of getting used to as the Renault was quite raw and noisy - I'm struggling to get used to how quiet the Fiesta is!

Got mine today, and given the 'S' badge for the back FOC.

Might keep it just to the back, the front is already revealing enough, the back mostly looks like a standard black fiesta.

Love it though! Bit tight at the moment on 11 miles but once it loosens up a bit I am sure the power will be there more. It has a lot more pull without the turbo, in 5th, 30mph/sub 30mph. Obviously won't do it often right now until the engine works in a bit.

Yeah wouldn't advise 5th at 30mph... Will give you pants mpg and hurt the engine too.. I know old 1ltr ecoboost could do it but on a long flat straight look at you instant mpg, then down shift.. To 4th the 3rd. You won't see much difference if any you will see an improvement, and need less throttle.

I don't even drive in 5th gear at 30 in my 6speed st, and that pulls as well in 6th as 4th, maybe even as good as 3rd was in the smaller one.

Yeah wouldn't advise 5th at 30mph... Will give you pants mpg and hurt the engine too.. I know old 1ltr ecoboost could do it but on a long flat straight look at you instant mpg, then down shift.. To 4th the 3rd. You won't see much difference if any you will see an improvement, and need less throttle.

I don't even drive in 5th gear at 30 in my 6speed st, and that pulls as well in 6th as 4th, maybe even as good as 3rd was in the smaller one.

I'll sometimes go into 5th at 30 if it's a nice straight road, but normally stay in 4th if I think I might need to stop. Then you have a little extra engine braking and can leave it in gear a bit longer while slowing down, saving a bit of fuel.

It's easy to tell the difference in the St too, in the exhaust note is soo much deeper if you put it 5th and try to pull away compared the 4th.

I am sure that's where some people complain of lag where there using to higher a gear.. Keep the engine around 1.5k-2k revs and the boost is there striagjt away.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't drive it in 5 at 30mph mate. 4th at 30 is pushing it. I'm not sure how the gearing is on yours but I'd recommend 3rd at 30 if it's arround 1800 - 2000 RPM.

4th at 30 is fine if it's flat road. If it drops to 28 or so it starts labouring.

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

4th at 30 is fine if it's flat road. If it drops to 28 or so it starts labouring.

It depends on the car though, I haven't driven a 1.0L Fiesta but it looks like its gears are so long that 4th is almost like 5th in other cars.

• Like 1

It depends on the car though, I haven't driven a 1.0L Fiesta but it looks like its gears are so long that 4th is almost like 5th in other cars.

I drive a red edition and that's what I commented on, I should have been clearer. I do a couple of miles at 30mph as part of my daily drive.

Your right about the gearing. Let it slip a few mph below 30 in 4th and its labouring.

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Ordered yesterday the mountune intercooler. Hope it brings some more power with it. Already got a remap. Im going to make my custom mr165 :p

• Like 1

What map did you go for?

• Like 1

Ordered yesterday the mountune intercooler. Hope it brings some more power with it. Already got a remap. Im going to make my custom mr165 :P

That's cool (literally) ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club