Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Leaving The European Union

Lewtube

What's everyone's thought's about leaving the EU?

Good idea or bad?

Referendum?

• Like 1

I want out. All in favour of making trade easier but closer political union; they can sling their hook.

We managed without Europe before and we had no real issues. We still support them, we would still trade and still service, but we wouldn't have ridiculous overheads. I say unless we can claw back our membership fees, enforced charitable acts and get the right to make our own laws then I would say middle finger up to the EU

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

It is a shame we weren't just a trade member like Switzerland in the first place.

If we could get to that stage of just having free trade then that would be great, but I think its going to get really messy.

I still think that if we sorted the benefit system, there would be less jobs for immigrants and that would at least solve one issue...

It is a shame we weren't just a trade member like Switzerland in the first place.

If we could get to that stage of just having free trade then that would be great, but I think its going to get really messy.

I still think that if we sorted the benefit system, there would be less jobs for immigrants and that would at least solve one issue...

+1

From the land of one thousand welcomes,

That was our mistake too,

National people working 40hr week on interships earning 50 euro on top of there benifits just to keep motivated.

While the foreign national works the same hours earns a full wage and pays tax to cover the national whom is working for free.

I cant comment on this thread to be correct but i do agree with the idea.

I want out, for too long we have had to put up and shut up with everything thrown at us.

Europe is only expanding into poor countries, making the map bigger but the economic balance worse,

A new EU Country isn't going to start buying BMW's and wearing Armani, it's population is just going to filter outwards,

it's poor may leave for the prospect of jobs elsewhere, but their Professionals who could build up that country leave too.

About 15 years ago the government banged on about Emissions, Energy Saving (bulbs etc) and Recycling to make

Britain a cleaner more efficient country, then BANG the population increased with the open door policy.

I rarely saw a foreign car on the roads around 2000, now you don't go a day without seeing them, increasing traffic

and pollution, they want us to get the bus because the roads are full, and you get a fine for cutting an empty Bus Lane to turn left lol.

Around the same time British Companies were exporting production jobs to Asia, then letting in cheap manual workers from Europe,

How can a country grow with that formula? where the 'British Businesses' are increasing it's profits, but the 'British People' are out of work,

I think the only close friend of mine who wasn't made redundant in the last 5 years is actually Self Employed,

All the recent statistics show that job increases now are Self Employment, goes to show that the Production & Labour jobs aren't here.

The British Government should crack down on businesses who have their 'Face in the West', their 'Production in the East'

and their 'Money in Tax Friendly Countries', all they do is take from the Western consumer without giving us the jobs to benefit us all.

I think if Britain left Europe, it would only take 1 or 2 other big EU Countries to leave for the whole thing to break apart.

The rise in popularity of Anit-EU Political Parties shows that people are worried, every increase in Europe is more pressure

on a country whose houses are full, it's health services are overloaded, it's jobs are taken and it's community tensions are rising.

Every country should have it's own structure and jobs,

Rich countries should not be taking in the best and worst people to fill jobs, they should be expanding businesses into other countries instead,

that way jobs aren't lost at home and new companies give jobs to new European workers and will help that country grow.

• Like 1

I'm not permitted to comment on political subjects.

A comic called Kevin 'b*****' Wilson once said "The term 'illegal immigrant' is a stupid one.

If you're an immigrant then welcome, if you're illegal then F@@@ off!"

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

I know you can't comment Clive but rightly or wrongly I think I know which way you view it lol

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

I'm not permitted to comment on political subjects.

A comic called Kevin 'b*****' Wilson once said "The term 'illegal immigrant' is a stupid one.

If you're an immigrant then welcome, if you're illegal then F@@@ off!"

Not bad for the guy that asks if you f...on first dates :P

I do feel that the UK has lost a lot of its identity due to the EU.

Am I against the EU? No, not in theory...just not a fan of the way its run.

I think it's worth noting that some of the stuff we dislike gets blamed on the EU unfairly. A lot of the Human Rights stuff was actually introduced/based on the UK's laws.

The EU is used as something of a scape goat by many - "Oh, well, I don't agree with that legislation/decision/etc - it must be those meddling kids in Brussels what done it!"

Mostly the media.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

nor Santa got s70n3d at Christmas....... lol

Search for 'the featherbrain championship" :d

Just like Scotland is not leaving the UK, don't believe the hype, we are not leaving the EU. There will inevitably be an attempt to renegotiate our membership terms in the coming years, mostly related to sovereign not, rather than EU laws, taking precedence in the UK, but the benefits of membership far outweigh any perceived negatives.

To name a few

• Working Time Directive
  • FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) Investment in UK economy from Non UK sources, where we are ranked in the Top 5.
  • Removal of Barriers to Trade
  • Being part of the largest single market in the world and all the benefits this brings
  • Free Travel, Work, Study and Retirement to any EU and EEA State
  • Mutual Recognition of Qualifications
  • Telecoms legislation (roaming charges, much reduced local and international calls from landlines and mobiles)
  • Free shopping (for personal use) across EU without being charged customs or excise duties (Big one for lots of UK citizens) as well as same rights when shopping abroad that you do at home.

All the propaganda about immigrants and minorities, is the same vitriol and toxic rhetoric used over and over again throughout history, to stoke right wing views in people without the intellect to see through it.

• Like 1

leaving is the easy answer there is lkittle doubt about that, and it would likely end up much like most the governments plans "close the prisons now, save a few bob" then a few years later "we need to open more prisons, we are over capacity"...

We definately need a renegotiation, we seem to do nothing but give repeatedly and everyone else takes repeatedly.

Other than tax free shopping on purchases up to £15 (I mean seriously.... that really isnt all that great!) there is little else there that immediately benefits the average Joe but we pay for it. What we need to see is the UK taking on its right to make and break laws that are suitable to this country. One box does not fit all sadly but the EU seems to think that it should. Get rid of that and the free will of terrorists / immigrants to come travelling much as they please, claiming asylum and benefits for those who live in another country, and we will be in a better state. Remove compulsary rediculous fee's just to be part of the big club and we stand a better posture of finance than we do at the moment.

Start off with that I would vote for a reform, but there are times I just want to walk out and start a new life outside the EU and go somewhere else. Its just a pointless excercise of beurocracy, politics and propoganda dictated by a government who sit on high horses well above the problems. They live in an idealogical world where everything beneath them is perfect, and they are just making things better!

I will ask one thing here, and if between us all we can think of 3 things then I will strongly consider my position.... so here goes!

Name 3 things that the EU has done over the last few years that will not cost you a penny. So for example, they implement DPF and EGR to protect the world - you have to pay for that. Then I want you to think of the last 3 things that they did that hit the news that would cost you money.

so heres my three....

What have they done for me? - nada. Everything they have done costs me a fortune in one way or another. They are not bettering the environment! in fact, I lie, they made changes to the air quality regulations meaning that less toxic cack is thrown out by all factories, that might just about benefit me a little bit and doesnt cost me a penny. that is about it....

So what have they done that costs me? - well they implement DPF/EGR to save the world, and both cost a fortune when they go wrong. They outlaw the art of improving your vehicle, emissions and reliability - therefore you are bullied into paying. They control the flow of stock and increase the interest rates, which directly impact the price you pay on anything from a pea to a car.

Nothing they have implemented for work, or pleasure has benefitted me directly, as my company is first of all American, and secondly offers reasonable working conditions as standard and not because they are forced into it.

Typical left wing; think they know better than everybody else. Put it to the people!

For me the question is simple - do I want to pay for another (admittedly useless) layer of unelected bureaucrats? And my answer is "no".

As to left-wing vs right-wing thing, as an immigrant from former USSR all I can say is that I don't want any form of communism/lefties to rule over my life again.

• 4 weeks later...

Things would be so much better if we got up and left!

Things would be so much better if we cut the number of MP's plain and simple, fact is there are too many of the overpaid, underworked, expense claiming, 2nd house living, peado kiddy fiddling, poor suit fitting wearing turds here.

The less we have the less likely it is to be in complete disagreement and lower numbers means obtaining a vote increase of a few % isn't as hard and then a single vote can change it all rather than having to lobby an entire group of bellends to vote in favour.

The EU is a great idea, it's the helmets that run it that are the problem, should be an eviction process and a stricter entry program, such as Scotland if they vote for independence should never be allowed in and nor should Catalunya, and poor countries like Greece should be booted out, why we had to pay for a bunch of lazy / corrupt !Removed! is beyond me, not like they are ever going to have the finances to return the favour now is it?

First thing they need to do is rip up the human rights act, some serious sucking up went on the night before that was signed. Wait until an MEP's family gets murdered by some terrorist on his home soil and not be able to evict him, they'll get the hint then.

Edited by jeebowhite
Removed innapropriate reference

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club