Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible Immobiliser Issue?

karlos1987

Mechanic been over turns out it's throttle pedal sensor and it's kicking in the immobiliser

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

First time I have heard of that!

Sent from my L900 using Ford OC mobile app

The TPS is cheap enough it's the labour costs that are ridiculous . Need to find a good mobile mechanic now, they classed the car unsafe to drive. Just hard to work out the cowboys from the decent mechanic folk

TPS being fitted Tuesday morning hopefully it should be all fixed and good to go for our week in Bognor . Tell you what can thoroughly recommend clickmechanic.com brilliant people to deal with and very honest. Think they cover most of UK so worth looking up if you need a mobile mechanic.

A true woman is always classy and never nasty <3

********* update*********

Turns out it wasn't the tps. Mechanic mis diagnosed ( very expensive mistake to make and won't be using him again) looking like it's the chip in my key needs reprogramming. Awaiting an auto locksmith as I type. So far nearly 3 weeks without a car and have spent £400 with nothing to prove for it . Hopefully a new key that's reprogrammed will do the trick.

Good result, but whats the total cost?

To have my keys reprogrammed was £150 as well as full electrical check up and codes removed.

• 2 weeks later...

Fingers crossed that it is the only fix needed

• 4 years later...

I just had an immobiliser problem with my C-max. Engine wouldn’t turn over and the screen told me there was an immobiliser malfunction service required.

i tried a few things, switching off, locking the car, setting and unsetting the alarm. 

In the end I removed the cover on the side of the steering column and put the fob in the slot. Then I pressed the start button and the engine started ok.

problem seems to be fixed now, maybe putting the fob in the slot reprogrammed it?

hope this helps. 

• 4 months later...
On 7/30/2014 at 1:50 PM, karlos1987 said:

Hi welcome.

What symptoms have you got with the car? I'm sure someone here will be able to help.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi mate my Ford s max just stop working for no reason no lights on dash can't close the windows but I still can lock and unlock the car and can put the radio on cand do anything else any ideas plz

• 3 months later...

We had this yesterday, 14 plate Cmax, Immobiliser error. Used the spare key and all ok. Tried it later and worked fine with both keys. 

Assume a pairing issue? could of using the spare key of cured it? as I have done nothing other than that?

M

• 3 months later...

Hello, I have a Ford C max 1.6 Zetec 2010 which has just developed a similar serious problem.  On three occasions it happened whilst driving.  All the dash lights came on, together with a loud pink-pong warning noise, very disconcerting.   I continued driving and it went away.  On other occasions the car would not crank, all dash lights remained on and a large red warning triangle displayed.  On turning the key off and then on it appeared as thought something in the key barrel was preventing the key from turning at all.   We tried to start the car with my wife's key, but there was no change.  There appeared to be no solution.  After a few minutes wait the car started normally.  I got it home and checked for diagnostic codes with a suitable instrument.  There were no fault codes at all and the car appears to be running well.  However since this has happened several times it is only a matter of time before we are stranded.  Any comments would be most welcome.

• 4 months later...

Hello...I need help on this issue with my 2005 Ford Cmax TDCI; sometimes when I turn the ignition key for the car to start, it just will not crank at all even as all the dashboard lights appear normally. I will only hear a faint humming sound inside the dashboard.

If we push the car it starts after rolling and engaging gear #2. I had taken it to the Ford garage and they seem not to understand my story. 

Sometimes when this problem sets in, the car will start if the driver's door is slammed close while simultaneously turning the ignition.

This startup issue happens without warning and at irregular interval. Thus, I am never sure of starting the car after parking. I avoid using the car when possible.

I really need someone to help me with any ideas..

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi all

I’m experiencing similar issues to those in this thread. Car won’t start and engine malfunction message is displayed. 

battery checked and is fine, when we put power directly to the starter motor it tries to start. 

have tried re-pairing the key and change. Trying to work out which route to try first - key or mobile mechanic. Any recommendations? 

also I have no idea when it comes to cars so silly question I’m sure - if the key buttons still unlock and lock the car can the key still be faulty and the reason for the car not starting?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club