Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux Cable

dagg

I want to fit a aux lead from a blank plate near the rear heat button to the glove compartment socket,

is it easy to remove one of the blank plates and feed a lead to do the job.

The blanks pop out easily with a screwdriver.

Put tape over the end to avoid scratches.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

Dagg, are you saying you want to relocate the glove compartment aux to the blanking plate?

Have you got all the bits and pieces you need? I can supply some links of a couple bits off eBay I bought which have been very good.

Dagg, are you saying you want to relocate the glove compartment aux to the blanking plate?

Have you got all the bits and pieces you need? I can supply some links of a couple bits off ebay I bought which have been very good.

Hi, I was thinking of running a lead from the glove compartment and buying a flush mount aux cable (female) to a blanking plate.

or would it be possible to move the connection from the glove compartment.

Hey buddy, basically mine is currently 'half done' but what I plan to do is have a flush mount next to the heated screen buttons.

What I have done so far is buy this cable:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350855151929?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

This fits directly into the back of my stereo quadlock and works straight away with the Aux button:

http://data.motor-talk.de/data/galleries/977829/1720749/pict0009-3145.JPG <-- My stereo.

At the moment it's 'half done' because I have trailed the male end of the wire down the inside of the centre console to the arm rest and I have it poking out there. I plug my ipod into it and then it works great.

I'm currently part way through a big move in my life and I'm going to have a fair car journey soon which is why I've not progressed any further in case I make a ballsup :lol:

However I purchased these of Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221292956345?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

and aim to follow a guide given to me by stoney, which basically involves snipping the male part off :blink: (ouch) and attaching it to those bits. I've got as far as fitting the jack to the blanking plate but not any further yet...

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/57650-wiring-in-an-aux-jack/#entry371764 <-- A link to a thread I started when I wasn't sure what to do. It has the guide stoney gave me there too.

Buy one of these-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=390765734635&alt=web

Then one of these -

Silver-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=331259181786&alt=web

Or grey-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=231287822014&alt=web

There is a 3.5 socket on the rear to connect into and the item just replaces one of the blank buttons on the panel.

Leave your old aux in place but just swap the radio connections over, that way you can always reinstate the original layout later if required.

• Like 1

Didn't tell me that!

Any idea how to connect up the rest of it?

I was unaware of the method for utilising one of those blanking plugs until I bought one this week for 'evaluation and research'.

I wouldn't recommend something here until I was sure of the facts.

The usb would of course be redundant unless the means to connect it to a radio were available.

• Like 1

Haha, ah well fair enough.

I'll give the other method a go first. I'd love to sort out fitting a permanent USB for charging, but that seems quite complicated for a non electrician.

Easy on a mk2.

Fit a second hidden power socket behind the dash (I can make a loom if needed) and plug in an usb jobby then find a usb to mini usb cable and attach to the doohicky I linked above.

• Like 1

Hmm good idea. Would you splice it into the existing 12v or go to the fusebox and start from there? Just had a thought, with the 12v being a constant live the belkin would be constant live too unless joined up somewhere else :/

It wouldn't take much to install a small switch for it

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

The radio/cd player I have is a Ford 6000, so at the moment I haven't taken the radio out to see what connection,s are at the back.

You'll have a 'quadlock' connector and an aerial. The quadlock has a lever at the bottom, you pull the lever and disconnect the quadlock and there is a space in the bottom corner (don't know whether it's right or left) and that 3mm aux cable would slot in there easy as pie. Is your CD player the same as this one? http://codedradio.info/pics/FORD/7M5T-18C815-BA.jpg

There is also the silver version which is exactly the same, but silver....

You'll have a 'quadlock' connector and an aerial. The quadlock has a lever at the bottom, you pull the lever and disconnect the quadlock and there is a space in the bottom corner (don't know whether it's right or left) and that 3mm aux cable would slot in there easy as pie. Is your CD player the same as this one? http://codedradio.info/pics/FORD/7M5T-18C815-BA.jpg

There is also the silver version which is exactly the same, but silver....

Yes it is the silver version. Thanks

If you look at my guide links under this post on a PC there is one for swapping radios in a Focus.

Page 3 on the PDF file shows how to disconnect the radio quadlock and aerial cable.

You will also tend to find that unless you already have an aux cable fitted that the aux block slot on the radio quadlock will be empty.

For reference the aux socket is the lower left connector when viewing the quadlock from the front-

images1-1-1.jpg

• Like 1

I have sorted it out now, at the moment it looks and works good.

3.5mm Screened Mono Chassis Socket

How have you done it?

I made my own aux cable, bought 3.5 right angled stereo plug, 3.5 screened stereo chassis socket and 2 meters of cable all from Maplin.

Then took a blank out from next to the rear window heater drilled a hole for the screened socket in it. soldered both plug and socket and run the cable from the original point in the glove compartment. It is a pain to do, very fiddly. The socket is threaded with a small nut on the end but it only sticks out a couple threads so I had to glue the nut on. Hope you can follow this

3.5mm Screened Mono Chassis Socket 3.5mm Right Angled Stereo Plug 3.5mm Right Angled Stereo Plug t

Hi, I am thinking about doing this as well - do you have any pictures of where you threaded the cable from the glove box to the centre console? The other possibility I am thinking is to find the cable running from the radio to the existing aux in the glove box and splice into that. Just one question, would that mean that I could chose to plug into either input to get sound out?

Hi, I am thinking about doing this as well - do you have any pictures of where you threaded the cable from the glove box to the centre console? The other possibility I am thinking is to find the cable running from the radio to the existing aux in the glove box and splice into that. Just one question, would that mean that I could chose to plug into either input to get sound out?

Or plug into both and be your own dj mixing the sounds? :lol:

You can have two feeds to one connection as long as you only use one at a time or else you'll get two feeds overlaid on each other.

post-56842-0-39813500-1407513732_thumb.j

Sorry for the delay have had problems with my internet. All I have done is plug in a lead into the glove compartment.

post-56842-0-01284700-1407513743_thumb.j

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club