Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Flame 1.4 Build Log (Was Fiesta Mk6 5 Door Custom Sub)

GingerFlame

As speaker cable for cars goes, you can't beat this, it's incredibly thick.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15m-Speaker-Cable-322-Strand-Loud-Wire-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Car-Loudspeaker-Quality-/221054466036?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3377df77f4

Only downside is due to thickness, it's very difficult to run it through the car.

• Like 1

Think every parcel I've had from China has been a "gift" aha! Not that I would trust anything valued over £30 anyway, never mind £40!

that's quite a reasonable price Lenny! Quite close to what they charge for Tins of elbow grease and unicorn hair ;)

Next I'm going to look at lowering it... But the speedbumps on my road (twice as big as they should be... Car killers) might stop me doing that and no, I can't afford Air.. As much as I wish I could! :) other than that possible 35% window tint as my car is supposed to have it from the factory but it doesn't... So I'm already insured for tinted windows once my policy starts again

Then I'll be saving up abit I think, did buy a Tassimo t40 last night though.. Looking forward to Oreo hot chocolate at the push of a button

• Like 2

As speaker cable for cars goes, you can't beat this, it's incredibly thick.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15m-Speaker-Cable-322-Strand-Loud-Wire-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Car-Loudspeaker-Quality-/221054466036?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3377df77f4

Only downside is due to thickness, it's very difficult to run it through the car.

I've used wire of that thickness in my loom from the blaupunkt to the door Speakers.. Complete ars5 to route through the car.. Paid slightly more than that link though! Might have to have a go with that one if I need anymore :)

I used some of that cable for my sub aswell

• Like 2

Think every parcel I've had from China has been a "gift" aha! Not that I would trust anything valued over £30 anyway, never mind £40!

that's quite a reasonable price Lenny! Quite close to what they charge for Tins of elbow grease and unicorn hair ;)

Next I'm going to look at lowering it... But the speedbumps on my road (twice as big as they should be... Car killers) might stop me doing that and no, I can't afford Air.. As much as I wish I could! :) other than that possible 35% window tint as my car is supposed to have it from the factory but it doesn't... So I'm already insured for tinted windows once my policy starts again

Then I'll be saving up abit I think, did buy a Tassimo t40 last night though.. Looking forward to Oreo hot chocolate at the push of a button

I love my tassimo machine. I feel a house appliance plug mod coming along in my boot so when at shows i can enjoy a lovely home made coffee ;)

• Like 3

I'm considering a big power inverter so I can put the tassimo on the other side of my false floor!

They use 1300watts though :( why are big inverters so expensive?!

Also need a pretty hefty battery

• Like 1

Looking Sweet Braw!!

Worth doing a little research between now and then mate to ensure your getting the best bang for buck,

As ive read some forums through google about discussions on car tv tuning boxes,

For a few pounds extra you can get one that constantly auto tunes itself to maintain the station your watching,

This is because while traveling you will be crossing out of one aerial output Tariff to another aerial across the country so an auto regulating tuning box i don't know the official technical term for them; is capable of maintaining quality reception while driving up to a speed of 190mph or something silly like that at which point you would most likely be all eyes on the horizon anyways :lol:

I just searched Google "best car tuning box" etc. You can then read random forum discussions prior to purchasing.

I've also learned that Ireland has a different next generation broadcast signal compared to other countries in Europe,

Apparently when we moved to digital last year the system used to broadcast the new digital was a new model,

So when were purchasing a tv tuning box we need a perticular type for the car aswell,

Its all on the forums mate worth researching to get the best value for yourself.

• Like 1

Looking Sweet Braw!!

Worth doing a little research between now and then mate to ensure your getting the best bang for buck,

As ive read some forums through google about discussions on car tv tuning boxes,

For a few pounds extra you can get one that constantly auto tunes itself to maintain the station your watching,

This is because while traveling you will be crossing out of one aerial output Tariff to another aerial across the country so an auto regulating tuning box i don't know the official technical term for them; is capable of maintaining quality reception while driving up to a speed of 190mph or something silly like that at which point you would most likely be all eyes on the horizon anyways :lol:

I just searched Google "best car tuning box" etc. You can then read random forum discussions prior to purchasing.

I've also learned that Ireland has a different next generation broadcast signal compared to other countries in Europe,

Apparently when we moved to digital last year the system used to broadcast the new digital was a new model,

So when were purchasing a tv tuning box we need a perticular type for the car aswell,

Its all on the forums mate worth researching to get the best value for yourself.

I'll definitely be researching! I'll probably spend quite a bit more f I do decide to get a tv reliever.. I'm just skint this month so china tech seems a good idea .. Then once I actually use my brain "noooooppeeee, no thank YOU"

• Like 1

I'll definitely be researching! I'll probably spend quite a bit more f I do decide to get a tv reliever.. I'm just skint this month so china tech seems a good idea .. Then once I actually use my brain "noooooppeeee, no thank YOU"

Shop around mate,

Any i saw in discussion were all sourced from china aswell ranging from 70-120 pounds

The forums also discussed what additional channels could be gotten aswell,

If i had rear headrest screens or a 10" flip down in the rear id be fitting one myself but since the front screen doesn't work when the handbrake is down (safety thing) im not bothering,

I may fit a roof mounted flip down at a later date linked to the headunit at which point i would consider fitting a tv tuning box aswell.

• Like 1

Shop around mate,

Any i saw in discussion were all sourced from china aswell ranging from 70-120 pounds

The forums also discussed what additional channels could be gotten aswell,

If i had rear headrest screens or a 10" flip down in the rear id be fitting one myself but since the front screen doesn't work when the handbrake is down (safety thing) im not bothering,

I may fit a roof mounted flip down at a later date linked to the headunit at which point i would consider fitting a tv tuning box aswell.

My headunit doesn't play video without the headunit either! But there are relays available that trick the HU into thinking the handbrake is on, as simply earthing the handbrake cable no longer works, it looks for a pups :)

• Like 1

Just got back from the garage. Today I decided I would paint the lower grill & Foglight surrounds gloss black!

I used Hycote "bumper black" & hycote "clear lacquer" today. When I sprayed the upper grill a good few months back I used Hycote "gloss black" and their lacquer which is holding up well!

I'm not sure which black I prefer. The bumper black is a satin finish before lacquer which makes the front of the car look a bit dull in my case which is why I applied about 3 coats of laqcuer :)

Will upload some pictures when I next go up there

• Like 1

My headunit doesn't play video without the handbrake either! But there are relays available that trick the HU into thinking the handbrake is on, as simply earthing the handbrake cable no longer works, it looks for a pulse :)

I did see them on eBay mate they are a great idea but in my situation CarPlay won't work unless the handbrake is down and DVD shows a warning screen with handbrake down its all politics :rolleyes: if i have additional screens it will display on them while driving though.

Just got back from the garage. Today I decided I would paint the lower grill & Foglight surrounds gloss black!

I used Hycote "bumper black" & hycote "clear lacquer" today. When I sprayed the upper grill a good few months back I used Hycote "gloss black" and their lacquer which is holding up well!

I'm not sure which black I prefer. The bumper black is a satin finish before lacquer which makes the front of the car look a bit dull in my case which is why I applied about 3 coats of laqcuer :)

Will upload some pictures when I next go up there

Look forward to seeing some pictures of this mate,

A splitter would go nicely have you saw the universal lip splitter which you drill and rivet on?

Here's a link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161051422664

• Like 1

Ah that's unlucky how about these ? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111471705836

I've been after a splitter but they're all so expensive for a universal product :(

Ive been looking at the headrests but there leather and too cheap to be honest,

Don't wana torch the car with shall we say too Crisp of a picture :lol:

Plus I've got three kids in the back; most screens are direct view much like ATM machine screens,

So the middle passenger loses out,

However by fitting a 10" flip down to the ceiling positioned close to front of car and centred all three rear passengers can view the same screen while retaining the original headrests,

These 10" screens have a built in FM signal transmitter which transmits its audio to the headunit wirelessly,

Also support built in DVD player aswell as intigrated courtesy lights,

All they need is ignition live power and an interior light feed both are already there from the stock rear courtesy light :)

Only to run a video signal output from the headunit up to there when the car is stripped out and were RTG whenever i finally purchase.

And regarding front splitter i paid 125 pounds for a TripleRcomposites one,

That universal one ive linked would look factory fit when fitted mate id honestly go for it,

• Like 1

I've been put off them for the same reasons.. except the rear passenger loosing out.. They should walk when they had the chance! Ha-ha) obviously you can't just tell your kids to walk and you wouldn't.. But my friends on the other side?.. " If you've got a problem then buy your own car mate" :)

Have you got a link to the flip down screen you're looking at buying? Sounds a good bit of kit!

Your splitter looks great & i'd happily spend the money to have a similar result (obviously a different car but you know what i mean)

Do you know of any companies that make splitters for the mk6 fiesta?.. The one you linked me too would just extend the piece of existing plastic tirim.. It'd look miles better! but speed bumps in my area wouldnt really like the extra length so id rather remove factory plastic & upgrade

• Like 1

Have you got a link to the flip down screen you're looking at buying? Sounds a good bit of kit!

Here's the one in my watch list:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191207221680

Do you know of any companies that make splitters for the mk6 fiesta?.. The one you linked me too would just extend the piece of existing plastic trim.. It'd look miles better! but speed bumps in my area wouldn't really like the extra length so id rather remove factory plastic & upgrade

if i had a Mk6 id fit the ST front bumper and perhaps a splitter from TripleRcomposites then.
Unfortunately not your existing bumper because you're existing bumper curls under the car,

This is specifically for the ST bumper which goes straight down.

That screen looks smart! Good price aswell, looks a quality piece

I've been trying to keep my excitement quiet but.. i've got my eye on a set of Zetec Front & rear bumpers at a local scrappy! mint condition with fogs & all trim pieces too.. Need to go and ask what they'd take for them as it'd be me rolling around in the mud removing them! Theyre in panther black at the minute my my current rear bumper had a terrible respray before i bought it folowing a light bump from behind so if im paying for that to be done i may aswell get the zetec ones done isnetad! and they i can get the triple R rear valance too :)

• Like 1

Lenny, have you seen the post ive made about that capacitor on your thread? :)

• Like 1

That screen looks smart! Good price aswell, looks a quality piece

I've been trying to keep my excitement quiet but.. i've got my eye on a set of Zetec Front & rear bumpers at a local scrappy! mint condition with fogs & all trim pieces too.. Need to go and ask what they'd take for them as it'd be me rolling around in the mud removing them! Theyre in panther black at the minute my my current rear bumper had a terrible respray before i bought it folowing a light bump from behind so if im paying for that to be done i may aswell get the zetec ones done isnetad! and they i can get the triple R rear valance too :)

Sounds great,

If i was you id go straight down on Monday and perhaps they would take a deposit,

Also part exchange your existing bumpers,

Ow don't forget to pocket the light switch which includes the fog light control switch :)

And Autostar electronics on eBay.co.uk supplies ready made fog light wiring kits complete with relay all top quality kit from dave there.

Lenny, have you seen the post ive made about that capacitor on your thread? :)

Just saw it there and respond mate,

Link to thread in discussion for those reading via google :) http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41443-taking-oval-to-blue-horizon-lennys-build-thread-2010-2015/page-68#entry443699

Quick tip mate:

If you select to edit your post on bottom right hand corner next to "Quote"

Then in edit screen,

Look to the right of the text box,

You will see 3 ticked box's

Removing the tick from the middle box will hide your signature from displaying on that post,

This is usdul for occasions such as above where you have two posts close together both displaying your signature

I've got a link to my build thread in my signature,

But I've hidden it from view on all posts within my build thread because people are already there :lol:

• Like 1

Ive got foglights on my current bumper which is why i was keen to find them still present instead of having to trawl around searching for them. to make things even better.. its the same car that i got my facelift lights off so all will be reunited :)

Most of the ones ive found for sale are like £150 for bumper, then £45 each foglight and then you have to search for all of the trim and bla bla bla! people seem to find it impossible to break cars in lumps

.. suppose its more profit to them in iny bits though?

I didnt even think to park ex my bumpers for them! ill ask and see what they say! Good thinking batman! cough* i mean Lenny :)

Ill update with their verdict on part ex

Might take the switch as a spare to convert to blue LEDs :)

• Like 2

Ive got foglights on my current bumper which is why i was keen to find them still present instead of having to trawl around searching for them. to make things even better.. its the same car that i got my facelift lights off so all will be reunited :)

Most of the ones ive found for sale are like £150 for bumper, then £45 each foglight and then you have to search for all of the trim and bla bla bla! people seem to find it impossible to break cars in lumps

.. suppose its more profit to them in iny bits though?

I didnt even think to park ex my bumpers for them! ill ask and see what they say! Good thinking batman! cough* i mean Lenny :)

Ill update with their verdict on part ex

Might take the switch as a spare to convert to blue LEDs :)

Sounds like a plan mate,

Im not in to Batman or spider man in fact i hate spiders,

Im more in to Terminator, pulp fiction and scarface Ho Kay :lol: i get the joke though

You will also save on shipping,

Plus your trading in fogs for fogs

They do like to make big on small items.

Must be honest.. I'm more into wheeler dealers (quest/discovery channel) B) It's where I first found out about hydrodipping too!

Im trading in fogs for fogs with freshly painted trim & fog surround! hide all those nasty scratches :) I'll see what they say! even more excited now!

• Like 1

Must be honest.. I'm more into wheeler dealers (quest/discovery channel) B) It's where I first found out about hydrodipping too!

Im trading in fogs for fogs with freshly painted trim & fog surround! hide all those nasty scratches :) I'll see what they say! even more excited now!

Im interested in all those shows aswell,

But mike Brewer oh Jesus, :rolleyes: i joined the guy on Twitter as im a fan of the show, but i soon found out why he's so fat

The guy posts tweet after tweet i had to remove him from my following list as he was clogging up my phone with horses 5h1te lad.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club