Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Flame 1.4 Build Log (Was Fiesta Mk6 5 Door Custom Sub)

GingerFlame
聽Share

I am a lighting engineer/designer after all ;)

maybe I should put a centrifuge in my focus then 馃榾

maybe I should put a centrifuge in my focus then

And mount the seats to it? Now that.. would be good

Not sure what Vicki would make of it though..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Please forgive Me guys.. for I have sinned.

Yesterday I was detailing a 2015 Vauxhall Corsa SXI 1.4 courtesy car.

Once finished on one side, I turned it round to work on the other due to my LED Floods being mounted on a fence due to stands not turning up!

(This image was before not after! Haha) post-57403-14473705696_thumb.jpg

This meant I had to drive it! (Don't worry, I'm insured.. Haha)

What can I say?

From the journey to the end of the road and back, the Steering is VERY VERY light, pretty numb and loose feeling too.

The seating position was horrific. Too low down, and it felt like I was sat in the boot of the car I was so far back, no matter what I did.

The engine was very quiet, I'll give it that. The gear change wasn't too bad feeling wise. Reverse is next to first so requires you to squeeze a "trigger" on the gearknob to engage, although squeezing this pretty much forced it into reverse for you!

The clutch gave no feedback what so ever. The headlights were appallingly dim & were set so low!

Overall, I'd never own one. The badge is silver not blue, simple.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

London Grammar - If you wait

The ICE Setup sings throughout..

• Like 2

Heater Resistor pack has blown, again!!!!

Was driving and could smell burning. I dread to think what state it's in. I just hope it hasnt taken the wiring with it.

It seems My heater blower is either dying or is full of grime and dirt causing it to draw more current than it should.

It was starting to whistle at low speeds so it's possibly the bearings on their way out.

On the old car I had to pull out the fan as it too was squeeling so luckily I know what to prepare for...

So.. I've set myself the ambitious task of retrofitting climate control to the fiesta!

*Using my old dash fascia ill mount the mk6.5 control unit.

*The auto blower & associated relay unit will be sourced from a mk3 Mondeo & persuaded to fit

*The electronic air direction servo will be sourced from a facelift fiesta mk6

*The associated sensors, etc. will be sourced from a facelift mk6

*The wiring loom will be A.) Sourced from a facelift mk6 or B.)Made from scratch following what guidance i can find online, And what research I can do on cars locally

It may seem over the top.. But I'm bored, I hate Ford for being tight spec wise & I fancy a long term project for any pennies leftover at the end of the month :)

Ill compile a guide along the way!

• Like 1

Sounds good,

Maybe stock pile necessary parts for spring 2016

I look forward to reading the progress,

I'm the meantime there are nice 12v electric blow heaters available quite cheap on eBay which look good

link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200995773368

• Like 1

Sounds good,

Maybe stock pile necessary parts for spring 2016

I look forward to reading the progress,

I'm the meantime there are nice 12v electric blow heaters available quite cheap on eBay which look good

link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200995773368

Yeah its going to be a gradual search for parts

For now, I'm "servicing' the blower motor and fitting yet another resistor pack.

I'm going to measure voltages, resistances and current before and after too :)

I can't decide wether to modify the dash for the facelift controls or use the prefacelift controls from a mk3 mondeo...

The prefacelift fit straight in but obviously still require the rewiring..

• Like 1

If I go for the Facelift one & Ill sell the hydrodipped dash and modify the original one, and get it dipped again once finished :)

• Like 2

Hmm.. tempting for when I get the smoothed facelift bumper done.. eBay 321906666731

• Like 1

Update;

Spent the last few days tearing the car apart.

After the heater resistor pack blowing again (and pretty much catching fire, felt like I was in an zafira ;) ) I felt it was time to solve the problem at the route.

So, here we begin..

Step one, remove airflow tube held in place by one Torq head bolt

This step took me over 8 hours. The bolt is well and truly stuck in the main support of the dashboard.

In the end I resorted to a hacksaw and dremel to cut off the brack holding the pipe in place. It's now secured with electrical tape and cable ties :)

The rest was a doddle until I discovered some new parts the old car didn't have, mainly air Recirc. Made removing the blower motor that bit more difficult, snapped a mount off (superglued back on) in the process

And finally.. the fan was out.

Tried to spin it by hand and I honestly struggled. It was so stiff. I'm surprised it managed to turn itself at all, no wonder the resistor pack failed.

So, out came the old oil can, silicone grease and penetrating fluid! 45 minutes later and its as good as new, and better protected than it was new!

I decided to clean some of the carbon, gunk and dirt off of the fan blades whilst it was removed. Lumps of the stuff were everywhere. Disgusting when you think all the air I breathed in the car passed through this.

Whacked it back in the car & reassembled everything. Greased up the recirculation valve. Fitted the new Resistor pack. Job done.

Just need to wait for my AC cleaner to arrive now to clear out this musty fish smell that's established itself in there.. it's vile! Smells like something has died.

I wouldn't mind but it had a new pollen filter like 6 months ago

No pictures I'm afraid. Wasn't in the best of moods!

The car is not practically begging me to sell it..

After spending ages sorting the heater, it now keeps Blowing fuses (30amp) and its got a horrid fishy smell

I've got some some AC cleaners coming, and ANOTHER new pollen filter.

So in the last month it's had

1 complete strip down of the heating system

2 resistor packs

1 pollen filters,

5 fuses

And too much of my time

• Like 1

The car is not practically begging me to sell it..

After spending ages sorting the heater, it now keeps Blowing fuses (30amp) and its got a horrid fishy smell

I've got some some AC cleaners coming, and ANOTHER new pollen filter.

So in the last month it's had

1 complete strip down of the heating system

2 resistor packs

1 pollen filters,

5 fuses

And too much of my time

it's a certified 馃樇wagon now Kieran 馃樃
  • Like 2

Got onboard with the CSP hype. Paid 拢175 for over 拢270 worth of products!

Also managed to snap a drill bit whilst making my new lighting stand. Slipped and gouged my finger :)

I've only a few fingers lacking scars or nerve damage now! Nearly done.

post-57403-144916115919_thumb.jpg

post-57403-14491612318_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Got onboard with the CSP hype. Paid 拢175 for over 拢270 worth of products!

Also managed to snap a drill bit whilst making my new lighting stand. Slipped and gouged my finger :)

I've only a few fingers lacking scars or nerve damage now! Nearly done.

175GBP on detailing products 馃槻

I think you should mention that to the doctor while he's patching up your finger mate,

Seriously dude; I bought a 10" HD roof monitor for that money

• Like 1

175GBP on detailing products

I think you should mention that to the doctor while he's patching up your finger mate,

Seriously dude; I bought a 10" HD roof monitor for that money

It'll pay for itself & more within two bookings [emoji14]

• Like 1

I've invested in a Rupes 21mm. So I thought it only right to change to the best polishing system to go along with it. Hence the Pads & 5 polishes/compounds.

The rest is products I've tried in trial sizes and been extremely impressed by. CSP is a UK company with products designed, developed and produced in the UK. It's always nice to support UK industry. I'm looking to stock their products in the near future. Although, they'll only be 4/5 resellers in the UK and there's over 90 applicants. I was one of the first

It'll pay for itself & more within two bookings [emoji14]

ow I see,

Your making money with it, 馃憤

thought it was for your own astetic pleaseure

ow I see,

Your making money with it,

thought it was for your own astetic pleaseure

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk :)

Put it this way.. the fiesta will have some of the best factory paint at Ford fair 2016. Think I'm going to remove the gtechniq coatings and wetsand.. if I'm brave enough..

The bottles are very nice indeed.. So I'll probably reuse them somehow [emoji14]

Well.. the 4 channel amp is dying..

Front left speaker output is perfect as are the rear. The front right output constantly fades up and down in volume on its own accord and quite often doesn't work at all.

For now I think I'm going to have to use one of the rear speaker outputs.

Oh, and did I mention? The fishy smell is coming back. Sick of this car.

Should've got an ecoboost whilst I could sort of afford it.

-_-

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club