Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

How do you manage to get everything spaced evenly? :unsure: I struggle trying to get 2 or 3 pics in a line without them being a few mm out! Are you using old fashioned picture hooks or the new Velcro style hangers? 

I'm going to use 5mm screws and wall plugs, 

Marking it all out tonight and drilling it tomorrow before painting at a later date and inserting the screws.

20170122_195111_zpsh2hb6dmm.jpg

I'm using a spirit level, pencil crayon and measuring tape 😅 couldn't find a regular pencil 

20170122_195919_zpsbcgawdtb_edit_1485115

In order to space things correctly; 

I've meassured the width of the frame, this one is 6" 

20170122_200009_zpsz3ubed0s.jpg

The centre point is then 3" i then measured down the frame to find the centre mounting which is 1.5" down from the top of the frame.

20170122_200036_zpsgrlutu5m.jpg

So drawing on the wall then; 

I held the frame up and leveled it followed by drawing around it, Then measured across 3" and down 1.5" to mark the centre point for drilling.

20170122_200103_zpsq580ljkf.jpg

then meassured 2" to the left of the frame and using the spirit level; marked out the line for the next picture frame to space correctly.

I've been studying the example image for quite a while now 😁 couple of weeks thinking about it had even considered purchasing an mdf sheet to use as a template as it would be easier to work on the ground rather than the wall but I decided it's accuracy could be way off if the drill wasn't held correctly when going through the mdf sheeting and in to the wall.

• Like 2

Things I don't like - the utter knob in an old smoky pickup truck who pulled out in front of me (emerging from a petrol station), despite the clearly insufficient gap. Had to brake from 40 MPH down to 15 MPH.

The tool then proceeds to drive at 20-25 MPH in a 40 zone, for the next three miles. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Things I don't like - the utter knob in an old smoky pickup truck who pulled out in front of me (emerging from a petrol station), despite the clearly insufficient gap. Had to brake from 40 MPH down to 15 MPH.

The tool then proceeds to drive at 20-25 MPH in a 40 zone, for the next three miles. 

god do I hate drivers like this

• Like 3

I don't like treading on some ice covered leaves, on a patch of frozen lichen, on my drive whilst wearing smooth soled trainers:  whilst going to retrieve the now empty wheelie bin. I took a surprise tumble and smacked the very knee with the torn quads rather firmly on the drive:sad:  For any onlookers, it was a moment of pure comedy gold:laugh:

Fortunately, I wasn't carrying the dog bowl as that would surely have broken :mellow:

I don't like probably losing my job today.  I had booked holidays for a half-day today and whole-day on Thursday, meaning I would leave at 14:00 today.  Training was scheduled for this week which overrode my holidays, and was then cancelled on Friday putting me back on regular shifts.  My manager advised that my holidays would be reinstated as the training was cancelled, but upon logging in this morning I found that I was scheduled in for a full 09:00-18:30 shift with no holiday as previous booked.  Given that my manager is off this week (very convenient), I approached another manager who treated me like dirt and basically made me feel like I was being an inconvenience for wanting to take holidays that I HAD BOOKED.  I mean, how dare I!? 

Long story short, I left at 14:00 without my shift being updated and fully expect to be handed my P45 when I turn up tomorrow. 

As if this month couldn't get any worse.

Not looking forward to the drive home this evening.

Thick fog is really setting in (after never really clearing all day), the gritters are out already to prepare for rush hour and there are far too many people who don't drive to the conditions on the road or seem to know how to use their lights properly.

I drove passed a Corsa in a ditch this morning (every cloud and all that). Dorset council also reported 14 accidents during this morning's rush hour, when it was daylight...

It's a really busy unlit country road I have to drive on to get home which is heaving with traffic and has an accident blackspot of a junction on it :(

Maybe I'll take the long/slow way home...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

Not looking forward to the drive home this evening.

Thick fog is really setting in (after never really clearing all day), the gritters are out already to prepare for rush hour and there are far too many people who don't drive to the conditions on the road or seem to know how to use their lights properly.

I drove passed a Corsa in a ditch this morning (every cloud and all that). Dorset council also reported 14 accidents during this morning's rush hour, when it was daylight...

It's a really busy unlit country road I have to drive on to get home which is heaving with traffic and has an accident blackspot of a junction on it :(

Maybe I'll take the long/slow way home...

best place for the corsa :biggrin:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, dezwez said:

best place for the corsa :biggrin:

Safest, too!

• Like 1

Dorset is covered in quite a dense fog today, in some places visibility is down to 50 metres or less, on stretches of the A31 and A35.

As i set off to go to the rescue centre this afternoon, along the A35, I couldn't believe how many people were not even using their headlights, let alone their fogs and driving like they could see beyond the horizon:sad:    On the stretch where it is NSL, I counted 27 oncoming vehicles with absolutely nothing on, by the time they visible they were too close, should you have get out of their way:sad:

For once the Audis who love to drive with everything illuminated were actually in the sensible group, they could be seen.

I left the rescue centre at around 3:40pm and the fog was denser on the A31 than it had been on the A35 earlier. Some patches just after Drax estate, were down to 20 metres, and still there were vehicles with absolutely no illumination whatsoever!!!!:angry: 

On Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 7:46 PM, Turvey said:

How do you manage to get everything spaced evenly? :unsure: I struggle trying to get 2 or 3 pics in a line without them being a few mm out! Are you using old fashioned picture hooks or the new Velcro style hangers? 

Worked out in the end 😂

there all still in the packaging as im storing them again until room is painted, 

As result the horizontal pictures are sitting lower than they should because the hooks are on the vertical side; they will sit correctly when hung on the hook rather than the frame.

20170123_175406_zpsgocmhogm_edit_1485194

20170123_174843_zpsqvkbtkyw_edit_1485498

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Worked out in the end 😂

there all still in the packaging as im storing them again until room is painted, 

As result the horizontal pictures are sitting lower than they should because the hooks are on the vertical side; they will sit correctly when hung on the hook rather than the frame.

20170123_175406_zpsgocmhogm_edit_1485194

Shouldn't this be on the "I like thread"?:unsure:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lenny said:

Trying to replicate this 👇

_57_zpszpetahbb.jpg

I was looking at this again and whilst I still like it there was something that, in my eyes at least,wasn't quite right. Couldn't figure it out until now. The lower left picture is too short, the height the same as the bigger one next to it would be better. And the upper of the two bigger pictures is too big, if it were the same height as the smaller pics either side it wouldn't jut up. 

Maybe just me being a bit 'anal' though :laugh:

• Like 2

On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 6:09 PM, Turvey said:

I was looking at this again and whilst I still like it there was something that, in my eyes at least,wasn't quite right. Couldn't figure it out until now. The lower left picture is too short, the height the same as the bigger one next to it would be better. And the upper of the two bigger pictures is too big, if it were the same height as the smaller pics either side it wouldn't jut up. 

Maybe just me being a bit 'anal' though :laugh:

No your right mate, 

I realised the issue regarding the spacing of the bottom left picture when I got to it at 10pm last night 😅 it's centre to the hhorizontal one next to it.

the second issue you mentioned there about the picture in middle being higer line than the others; 

Well I managed to correct that one by having a 2" space between all of the pictures; it's leveled out that bump 👍 that will be level when on the hooks correctly.

20170123_174843_zpsqvkbtkyw_edit_1485194

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GMX said:

Shouldn't this be on the "I like thread"?:unsure:

I don't like this post ☝

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I drove passed a Corsa in a ditch this morning (every cloud and all that).

Was that a dark grey one?

I saw a dark grey damaged Corsa on the back of a Pilsdon Autos flat bed heading towards Bere Regis on the A31 on my way back from MGAR

• Like 1

I don't like the white Audi who overtook me just as I had started turning right, into the entrance of the animal rescue centreohmy.png
Perhaps he thought my right indicator flashing meant "please overtake me on the right, now"

I had a battered old BMW try that on me once. The silly bugger even honked at me!

The strange flashing lights must have confused him.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hywelkidd said:

I had a battered old BMW try that on me once. The silly bugger even honked at me!

The strange flashing lights must have confused him.

Haha!!  Yep, that'll be it.

• Like 1

What is it you do@jmurray01 I'm sure your line manager will clear it all up and say he authorised your leave to be reinstated. Maybe they won't have noticed, if your productivity is anything like mine that will be the case lol. Last week I was due in to work at 0800 and didn't turn up as I thought I was in at 1600. My wife kindly told me I should have been in when the clock struck 1! Now no one had called me to ask where I was so I blame them. I got in for 2 and just did my 8 hrs from there and no one said a word, except for my wife of course who gave me grief for about 3 days!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

What is it you do@jmurray01 I'm sure your line manager will clear it all up and say he authorised your leave to be reinstated. Maybe they won't have noticed, if your productivity is anything like mine that will be the case lol. Last week I was due in to work at 0800 and didn't turn up as I thought I was in at 1600. My wife kindly told me I should have been in when the clock struck 1! Now no one had called me to ask where I was so I blame them. I got in for 2 and just did my 8 hrs from there and no one said a word, except for my wife of course who gave me grief for about 3 days!!

I work at a certain call centre just outside Forres...  The one with the fantastic reputation for employee retention and exemplary treatment of staff (yes, I'm being sarcastic). 

I'm sure my manager would clear it up, but she's not back until next week, by which point I will have probably lost my rag with the other one who has demonstrated herself as a complete and utter "female dog", to say the least.

One thing that's for sure is I won't be getting Thursday booked off unless a miracle happens, and the way I feel right now I just won't turn up, which will probably result in being sacked if I am not already, but to be honest I am past caring.

Outsourcing? So you aren't far from me at all then, I was there last week. Forres that is, not your place. I work in a well known large healthcare providers building in Inverness [emoji6]
Our shifts occasionally seem to just 'change' all by themselves and it always coincides with a staffing gap, I'm sure it's coincidence though. If it makes you feel any better i have booked Thursday off as Annual Leave and it was granted, I'm not going to check if it has been cancelled though and plead ignorance if the worst happens.

Sorry, back on topic. I don't like that it's 1am and my 6 month old daughter seems to think it's time to play and the dog agrees with her!

16 hours ago, GMX said:

Was that a dark grey one?

I saw a dark grey damaged Corsa on the back of a Pilsdon Autos flat bed heading towards Bere Regis on the A31 on my way back from MGAR

I think it was silver, hopefully a different one, so there are two more off the roads, lol.

• Like 1

I don't like my Genuine facelift ST alloys anymore 😐

Rear tyres are nearing replacement and I've had enough of the annual fee spending 500euro on tyres every 10 months 

I'm on the search for a set of focus 16" wheels

iI'm considering keeping them in the attic for if i ever purchased a mondeo but I'll never get what I spent on them at Ford were 305 each excluding tyres 

I don't like that I won't know until late morning tomorrow, whether or not I can reschedule my mid afternoon meeting:sad:, and thus spend tomorrow afternoon with Pipper.

I was also under the impression Uber was supposed to cheaper than regular taxis.  Looking at the cost effective way to collect a client from Bournemouth Airport, Uber's website quote is 20%  more than a normal taxi:sad:  Perhaps Uber is only cheaper in London and the like:unsure:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GMX said:

I don't like that I won't know until late morning tomorrow, whether or not I can reschedule my mid afternoon meeting:sad:, and thus spend tomorrow afternoon with Pipper.

I was also under the impression Uber was supposed to cheaper than regular taxis.  Looking at the cost effective way to collect a client from Bournemouth Airport, Uber's website quote is 20%  more than a normal taxi:sad:  Perhaps Uber is only cheaper in London and the like:unsure:

I don't know if taxis have to pay the extortion charge to pick up and drop off?

Perhaps Uber have to build that in to their price?

I don't like having to come into work tomorrow (my day off!)...  On the bright side, it guarantees I will get Thursday off, so all is not lost.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club