Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Further to my post in the "do like" thread, I don't like having to take a police directed detour on the way home due to a car crash.  Not sure of the details, but the officer I spoke to didn't make it sound too good (and knowing the part of road it was on, it could easily be fatal). 

• Like 1

When ricers ruin a nice car. Drove past a Mk2 Focus with the most ridiculous spoiler I have ever seen the other day.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It looked similar to this 2944ee263b6fe719d8a8aa13d474a16e.jpg

4 hours ago, hywelkidd said:

Take off the spoiler abd that is a really nice car.  Why ruin a nice car like that

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hywelkidd said:

That looks like someone's cut up a roof box and mounted it on part of an aircraft flap, just to see if they could, perhaps as the result of a drunk bet:laugh:

Not something you want to on an otherwise nice Focus: ridiculous spoilers are the province of the Corsa drivers

Looks !Removed! awful.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

im sure thats your car hywel, bit late gauging opinion now youve fitted it! lol

• Like 4

Having been outside to "test" both the new Nilfisk and snow foam lance, I don't like it was in mid rinsing post foaming, that my garden hose reel male end and the tap hose female end end decided part company.:ohmy:

And do so with a vigorous dance of the two jumping hoses, spurting everywhere, but mainly on me, hardly on Brandy and not on either cat:sad:

It also turns out it, it's not a suspected failed O ring, but the whole non-serviceable male reel end has corroded along it's shaft and will only let the female hose end hold for a few minutes.

I wonder why Hozelock don't make it as a serviceable item?

Admittedly, it must be about 30-40 years old, I suppose I'll have to buy another hose reel now:sad:

1 hour ago, GMX said:

And do so with a vigorous dance of the two jumping hoses, spurting everywhere, but mainly on me, hardly on Brandy and not on either cat:sad:

I bet the cats, being agile, intelligent beasts, legged it pretty fast, leaving the less agile, and in a cat's world view, less intelligent, human & dog to sort out the messlaugh.png

I don't go a bundle on doing a job Haynes reckons is 2 spanners ("suitable for beginner with some experience"), and it turning into a job worth at least ten spanners for inconvenience, discomfort & groping around in the dark!sad.png

Changing the pollen filter in a Focus! 1st time I have tried it. Filter was at least 6 years old, maybe more.

Half sitting, half kneeling, on the door sill, head down, reaching in to dark places where no service items should ever be, locating bolts by touch. Battling with masses of tangled wiring leading to the fusebox, which refused to stay out of the way. Having to attempt to stand up every few minutes, before I stiffened up so much it would take the fire brigade to extract me.

Yeah, I know, dead easy job, do it in five minutes once you have memorised the routine! Took me a lot more than that! Might be another 6 years before I do it again!

• Like 2

im down to 2 minutes now. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

im down to 2 minutes now. lol

Hmmmph.

You must have the fastest screwdriver in the West!

Two thumb screws, out with BCM, 7 screws (why!), glove box out., 2 nuts, bracket out, 2 connectors, 3 invisible screws, filter out. Then Ottid. Pretty impressive.

Took me longer than that just to empty the junk out of the glovebox! And as for getting that BCM back in, it always puts up a fight, one side in, the other side pops out.wacko.png

(Ottid is Ditto backwards, or "refitting is the reverse of removal", as Haynes says so glibly, and usually wronglylaugh.png.)

2 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

I bet the cats, being agile, intelligent beasts, legged it pretty fast, leaving the less agile, and in a cat's world view, less intelligent, human & dog to sort out the messlaugh.png

I don't go a bundle on doing a job Haynes reckons is 2 spanners ("suitable for beginner with some experience"), and it turning into a job worth at least ten spanners for inconvenience, discomfort & groping around in the dark!sad.png

Changing the pollen filter in a Focus! 1st time I have tried it. Filter was at least 6 years old, maybe more.

Half sitting, half kneeling, on the door sill, head down, reaching in to dark places where no service items should ever be, locating bolts by touch. Battling with masses of tangled wiring leading to the fusebox, which refused to stay out of the way. Having to attempt to stand up every few minutes, before I stiffened up so much it would take the fire brigade to extract me.

Yeah, I know, dead easy job, do it in five minutes once you have memorised the routine! Took me a lot more than that! Might be another 6 years before I do it again!

I've found when working underneath the dash, or having do something behind it, such pollen filter changing, it improves both visibility and personal comfort to elevate the the front end of the car by around 300mm or so.

You can then look up in relative comfort and see what you're doing, it also saves you from being a contortionist.

• Like 1

You don't need to take the glovebox out Peter...I know all the guides say you should! :dry:

Fortunately before I attempted the job last year I asked a Ford tech mate if it was necessary and he said no.  Also if you've still got all the screws holding the end cap on that's pretty rare, people don't usually refit them all lol.

Didn't take long to do, but I did twist my back in the process and have to put up with that for a good few days afterwards, not fancied changing it again this year! :laugh: 

• Like 1

actually it was 1min and 37 secs. ha ha , i was timed. quick with battery screwdriver, and battery impact wrench for the bracket nuts off and ratchet back on(so no overtightening)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Also if you've still got all the screws holding the end cap on that's pretty rare, people don't usually refit them all lol.

I too, still have all my screws.  :smile:

11 minutes ago, iantt said:

actually it was 1min and 37 secs. ha ha , i was timed. quick with battery screwdriver, and battery impact wrench for the bracket nuts off and ratchet back on(so no overtightening)

Was that rounded up to an hour for the customer invoice?:dry:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

You don't need to take the glovebox out

You do if all you have to go by is a little Haynes fuzzy photo, and you don't have eyes on stalks, or a 2 foot long prehensile neck!:laugh:

Next time, (if there is one!), I will know what I am groping for, perhaps. But at least I saved myself £105, if Ian & Ghana's bill estimate is rightbiggrin.png

• Like 1

I don't like my new conclusion which is contrary to popular opinion....

....I now think all range rover drivers have large genitalia...not minuscule...

Why? Because being complete dickheads, it flops around when they drive and distracts them as well as having their !Removed! constantly covering each eye... that is the only explanation I can think of as to why they can't see their speedo, RED LIGHTS, or anyone else on the road for that matter...

So their we have it ladies and gents..  it's a sad day to come to this conclusion...

...didnt realise I couldn't say the anatomically correct word for balls....

I don't like that one of the baby blackbirds that was in the pittosporum bush, having taken it's maiden flight, has got stuck amongst the rafters of the garage.:sad:  Unlike it's siblings who have moved to the slightly larger Photinia shrubs.

I'm having to keep the garage door fully open but at a slight angle, hoping it will walk down the door and take a second flight to join it's family.  The parent blackbirds are flying back and forth to nourish it: but it's not seemingly wanting to leave.  My garage dwelling freezers, tool roll cabs and tool chests are taking bird poo hits from above:mellow:

3 hours ago, Ianb said:

I don't like my new conclusion which is contrary to popular opinion....

....I now think all range rover drivers have large genitalia...not minuscule...

Why? Because being complete dickheads, it flops around when they drive and distracts them as well as having their !Removed! constantly covering each eye... that is the only explanation I can think of as to why they can't see their speedo, RED LIGHTS, or anyone else on the road for that matter...

So their we have it ladies and gents..  it's a sad day to come to this conclusion...

...didnt realise I couldn't say the anatomically correct word for balls....

You've omitted "reverses out of their drives in great haste, whilst clutching their iPhone to their right ear with their left hand, straight into the paths of others. and then using their right hand to gesticulate at the others, when they've react with horns and lights"

We see this daily, when my Range Rover driving neighbour sets off for work,

• Like 2

I don't like people that don't understand long sliproads are for accelerating to the speed of the road...  One this morning only managed 47mph joining a 70mph road...  Is it wrong to hope they get wiped out by a lorry travelling at 56mph?  As I hate having to join behind these people fully expecting that to happen to me!! :angry:

Though they were the same people in the right hand lane at 50, getting undertaken, miles before they needed to turn right. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like people that don't understand long sliproads are for accelerating to the speed of the road...  One this morning only managed 47mph joining a 70mph road...  Is it wrong to hope they get wiped out by a lorry travelling at 56mph?  As I hate having to join behind these people fully expecting that to happen to me!! :angry:

Though they were the same people in the right hand lane at 50, getting undertaken, miles before they needed to turn right. 

The A31 is plagued with joiners who fail to understand what a sliproad is and A349 lane two is often occupied by dawdlers who are turning right in 4-5 miles.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Is it wrong to hope they get wiped out by a lorry travelling at 56mph?

If you need to ask, then you know the answer! :wacko:

But a more humane (and causing less traffic chaos) way would be to equip lorries with big, rubbery bumpers. Then sluggish drivers could be given a nice big kick up the exhaust, to get them up to 56 pretty quick!

The lorries would save fuel, canny car drivers could use the system to save their own fuel, the environment would be saved, and we would all live happily in peace and harmony ever after.smile.png Or am I going a bit bonkers here?

I know how annoying it is, I hate driving 10 feet from the vehicle in front, it is so stressful. But I get a lot of cars turning out into my gap. If they get a beetle on, then I just ease off the throttle & utter a mild curse like: "I hope your car wiring is eaten by Marders" (*)ohmy.png

But if they just sit there so I have to ram the brakes on, and they are in a car obviously capable of better things (and needing a better driver), I do tend to get more ratty than I really should. The air can turn blue, if it happens more than once or twice in a journey.

(*) For Marder, see:

• Like 2

Lol, or maybe the lorries should be fitted with a snow plough style thing so these unnecessarily slow cars just get pushed off the road and out of everyone else's way... :laugh:  There are only 2 reasons to be driving slower than a lorry on a dual carriageway - if you're on a space saver tyre in an emergency, or if your vehicle physically can't achieve the speed such as tractors or classic cars.  For everyone else, if a lorry can safely travel at 56 there's no reason they can't.  It's not even like it saves fuel either, and it's certainly not safer!

I will admit, I get heated quicker than I probably should in the car (but more so when walking tbh!! :lol: ), and have been really trying to gain a longer tether recently.  Have been doing fairly well with it...  I don't rage at the hundreds of people that cut me up each week, or the non-indicators, or phantom brakers... I try to give people the benefit of the doubt that it's a one-off mistake.  Plus usually a quick flash or short pip of the horn wakes people up when they're doing 50 in the outside lane with nothing else around...but the one this morning was clearly making a conscious effort to hold everyone else up and then not accelerate to a safe speed (60ish) on the sliproad...that's when I really get wound up!  It's just so inconsiderate...I'll bet they're the same people blocking the aisles in Tesco with their trolley or having group gatherings in the shop doorway too lol...

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club