Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

14 minutes ago, dezwez said:

I remember filling a five gallon can for a pound🙁

Four bob a gallon? That must have been early 50's? 

Earliest price I saw quoted somewhere was for 1896 - 9d a gallon then!

• Like 1

Eh Confused.com

Isint the UK leaving the EU by May 2019 

Cant see the info below happening as the EU funding for it wont be available and the roads need repairing in order to reach a reasonable speed initially which there wont be EU funding for neither,

Could become zero speed limit like isle of man would be cheaper on road signs,

Fuel cost will also rise at pumps as less will be consumed if everyone is limited, and theres already repercussions for speed offenses isint that method already working?

481207583_Screenshot_20190327-152701_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.067641c0dc0976ea911b86b7decf83af.jpg

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

theres already repercussions for speed offenses isint that method already working?

No - they only manage to catch about 1.5 million of us in the UK every year!😀

• Haha 1

Just wait until some moron finds a temporary speed sign from somewhere and plonks a 20mph sign next to a motorway.
Anyway it's not speed alone that kills, it's over confident / under skilled idiots plus speed thst causes more danger.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

The technology is already on higher spec cars Inc ford. It's all good for a drunk person behind the wheel now.  car with speed limiter by signs, emergency brake assist, adaptive cruise, lane keeping aid. All helps to get them home from the pub. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, iantt said:

The technology is already on higher spec cars Inc ford. It's all good for a drunk person behind the wheel now.  car with speed limiter by signs, emergency brake assist, adaptive cruise, lane keeping aid. All helps to get them home from the pub. 

Lol 🙂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SeanW said:

GPS is American, Galileo is the EU version and GLONASS is the Russian one.  All 3 can be used by most modern GPS receivers.  The only one you might struggle with is Beidou - the Chinese system that only works in China

And with the UK at some point, possibly, maybe (who knows at this point) about to leave the EU, the EU are saying that we will be kept out of parts of the system we've apparently spent ~€1.4 billion on. It was also reported earlier on (last year sometime) that the UK were going to build our own system to allow us to continue to have accurate systems for ourselves.

3 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Just wait until some moron finds a temporary speed sign from somewhere and plonks a 20mph sign next to a motorway.
Anyway it's not speed alone that kills, it's over confident / under skilled idiots plus speed thst causes more danger.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

I was involved in a 'discovery' meeting last week with some people working on behalf of the DfT that were gathering details and information regarding permanent and temporary Traffic Regulation Orders (speed limits, one way systems etc. to Joe Public). The way TROs have been created in the past, present and the future will have to encompass autonomous vehicles and how such data will be accessed and used in future systems.

Camera systems could quite easily be overcome/disrupted by interference with signage or simply overgrown vegetation obscuring a sign. Having speed limit data in map based form linked in with satellite navigation maps etc. will likely be the main way of vehicles having this information available and to know what speeds are where. Then again, if somebody then makes an error and plots a data point in the wrong location, you could get a speed restriction in the North Atlantic or something as silly as that 😁.

We already have a system in place.  We developed it for the civilian market when the Yanks still introduced pseudo random errors into GPS.  By building fixed ground stations, we could calculate the error and correct for it - Differential GPS.  They turned off selective availability a few years ago - probably because it's so easy to get around.

We are/were working on an update to an old system (LORAN-C to E-LORAN).  So many ships are still being built with LORAN receivers despite the system not working 

• Like 2

Pain in my right *****

Cant say *****; so let's say "Tesla" for the last 24 hours now feels like when you've hit your elbow off something, 

Al'o feeling a downward pull and movement cramps pain below my stomach towards my groin area. 

Only relief is when I'm sitting, I've had a vasectomy done around 2-3 years ago, feels similar symptoms to just after the operation,

If problems persist I'll have to go doctor, 

Brexit Talks 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Brexit Talks

I know we generally try and avoid the B word on here, but got to say I was amused to watch Speaker Bercow run through "So the noes have it, the noes have it" 8 times in a row last night!😀

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 3:54 PM, Lenny said:

Pain in my right *****

Cant say *****; so let's say "Tesla" for the last 24 hours now feels like when you've hit your elbow off something, 

Al'o feeling a downward pull and movement cramps pain below my stomach towards my groin area. 

Only relief is when I'm sitting, I've had a vasectomy done around 2-3 years ago, feels similar symptoms to just after the operation,

If problems persist I'll have to go doctor, 

Still in pain since I woke up at 15:00 last Wednesday, theres a lump now on top of my right testis inside the Tesco bag, it's around the size of a pickle and the ball feels like a funny bone constantly; then I get shooting pains in it which come on like contractions,

Ive appointment in for doctor Tuesday morning.

Cant help but feel a bit worried now as there is a mass there 

38 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Still in pain since I woke up at 15:00 last Wednesday, theres a lump now on top of my right testis inside the Tesco bag, it's around the size of a pickle and the ball feels like a funny bone constantly; then I get shooting pains in it which come on like contractions,

Ive appointment in for doctor Tuesday morning.

Cant help but feel s bit worried now as there is a mass there 

Hernia? Probably nothing to worry about but well done for not being a typical man and actually doing something about it 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

Hernia? Probably nothing to worry about but well done for not being a typical man and actually doing something about it 👍

Thanks mate; I've been needing the dentist past year now for a rear top tooth which the filling fell out in Feb 2018 and is now black but I'm still not going to the dentist with it 

Yet unfortunately this testie pain; isint something which I'm capable of ignoring for too long as it's fairly painful all of the time and when walking I get shots like lightening which slow me down like a tazer, I cant lye on my right side because the left one presses the right; increasing the pain.

It's in the same location where I got the vasectomy done, could be a blockage either I don't know, 

I would prefer the big C rather than a hernia because I have enough haunting issues which come and go; I expect the big C to wipe me out some day due to my line of work anyway I've been in that industry 18 years now, I'm mentally prepared for that.

Working six days per week past four years now; providing for the wife and three kids I have no life and now crippled with pain as well like somebody ring the bell in the boxing ring; I'm done 😅

It's our eldest's confirmation next week and my own mother has backed out of going; I suspected this last December and spent almost 1,200 on amazon echo and dot devices to help her at home as well as a hive heating controller, TV relocation to wall and a 2 channel HD CCTV system but she still wont go, the woman has survived cancer twice in two parts of the body yet she wont come to my family event; why she bother fighting the cancer if she's not going to be there for anything.

Then I'm still paying €675 for a meal for just the wifes family in a location she chose which the majority of them hate me 😅 that's killing me to pay for all those shower aswell; money for nothing just to feed them and not be spoken too aswell as getting to see them getting along well and highlight the gaps in my own family, I could have gotten interior door frames fitted with the money for that meal; moving on with the living room project thread and having something to show for it.

but it's our daughters day not mine and she would prefer a bouncing castle rather than a €45 per head meal for 15 people; I'll drop them off and go to Burger King drive-tru myself for a Steakhouse King then go back and pay for there meal when its over: save myself atlest €35 compared to dining with them☺👍

Sorry rant over; I'm just in alot of pain here ☺

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't like that the EU passed Article 13 regarding copyright. In the UK we will still have to adopt this as law because it was passed before we were due to leave. 
As a game streamer and video uploader, this will affect me because the game is owned by the developer but anything I upload (gameplay, funny bits etc that have happened whilst in-game) is classed as my own. 
Anything I upload or have already uploaded could now be flagged as copyright owned and they can impose penalties on my accounts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like that the EU passed Article 13 regarding copyright. In the UK we will still have to adopt this as law because it was passed before we were due to leave. 
As a game streamer and video uploader, this will affect me because the game is owned by the developer but anything I upload (gameplay, funny bits etc that have happened whilst in-game) is classed as my own. 
Anything I upload or have already uploaded could now be flagged as copyright owned and they can impose penalties on my accounts.

Set up a different email address and edit profile to the new email address, 

Also set up an address delivery account for example if you can find a service which receive parcels from the USA or something like we in Ireland have parcel motel which gives me an address in co.antrim to avail of free UK shipping

Set that as your home address on profile makes you difficult to trace 

I've setup an eBay uk address using parcel motel allows me to sell in sterling 

58 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Set up a different email address and edit profile to the new email address, 

Also set up an address delivery account for example if you can find a service which receive parcels from the USA or something like we in Ireland have parcel motel which gives me an address in co.antrim to avail of free UK shipping

Set that as your home address on profile makes you difficult to trace 

I've setup an Ebay uk address using parcel motel allows me to sell in sterling 

Unfortunately this won't work for video uploads to sites like YouTube, Twitch etc. 
Both track and log IP addresses so that they can verify the country of origin. This is the same way that Netflix uses to stop those in other countries accessing Netflix for a different region (ie USA). 
Setting up a VPN will not work as a back door way either. 

• Like 1

I don't like watching the long-range forecast for Paphos and seeing cloud and rain for the first 3 days we're there 🌧️

I'll need to get some tips from @Stoney871 for what to do in Cyprus when it's raining 🍺🍺🍺🍸🍷🥂🍽️🥃

Screenshot_20190331-153450.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Unfortunately this won't work for video uploads to sites like YouTube, Twitch etc. 
Both track and log IP addresses so that they can verify the country of origin. This is the same way that Netflix uses to stop those in other countries accessing Netflix for a different region (ie USA). 
Setting up a VPN will not work as a back door way either. 

The struggle is real bro ☹

13 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny are you planning on getting that pain checked out? 

Yeah I've an appointment with doctor on Tuesday morning; hasn't changed since last Wednesday mate been constant pain, 

I'm even wearing Y fronts now to ease it a bit by keeping things suspended,

Been under alot of extra stress lately could be related I don't know but I need pain relief anyway, 

Thanks for response mate, 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like watching the long-range forecast for Paphos and seeing cloud and rain for the first 3 days we're there 🌧️

Bbc always get it wrong so I wouldn't worry to much 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Yeah I've an appointment with doctor on Tuesday morning; hasn't changed since last Wednesday mate been constant pain, 

I'm even wearing Y fronts now to ease it a bit by keeping things suspended,

Been under alot of extra stress lately could be related I don't know but I need pain relief anyway, 

Thanks for response mate, 

Glad to hear you're getting it looked at Lenny and hopefully it's something minor.

At least you managed to get an appointment, it's usually a right ball ache trying to get in the docs (pun intended!)😉

• Haha 1

April Fools day today 🤦‍♂️👈😂

5 hours ago, Lenny said:

April Fools day today 🤦‍♂️👈😂

Ah, so that must be why the electrician turned up 2 hours late in work then after me specifically stating they need to be there at 8am so I can show them round before I leave site. 🤬

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club