Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

ALL my browsing is via a VPN, depending on what i'm doing i can be anywhere in the world. Usually in the US if ahem borrowing stuff, or somewhere in the UK if visiting UK sites.

12 hours ago, Jimpster said:

ALL my browsing is via a VPN, depending on what i'm doing i can be anywhere in the world. Usually in the US if ahem borrowing stuff, or somewhere in the UK if visiting UK sites.

Unless your VPN is blocking certain tracking domains it literally makes no difference. A lot of VPNs are selling themselves on protecting your privacy when all they really do is hide what you are doing from your ISP. A VPN by itself doesn’t stop any of the profiling or tracking done by websites you visit. They still know it’s you VPN or not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2023 at 8:28 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

then went and spoilt it by saying she understood how difficult it is to keep up to things when you're in your "twilight" years! 😠

You could have had fun there by simply freezing your expression and falling sideways. Although I would have given up the pretense before they actually applied the paddles - "Clear!"

• Haha 2

Unfortunately it was a telephone appointment as they often are nowadays!😀

Crash very near my house this afternoon. Driver and passenger of the Black car ran off and so far not found.

Anyone able to work out what the registration is ? What make and model of the car is it ?

The driver of the other car a young girl is reportedly uninjured.

IMG-20230826-WA0000.JPG

Sv10tvd, VW golf in black , 1.6 diesel. Taxed and mot'd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, iantt said:

Sv10tvd

The DVLA site must have been having a moment when I tried. 'S' was about my fifth guess and the site just kept saying it was not a valid registration. So question now is why did they run off ? The accident was around 4:00PM. I think it will be a simple case for plod to pick up the driver (if they haven't already by now).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

Probably stolen, or drunk

What sort of area do you think I live in ? 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

It's a 'Golf Plus' crossover.  These are even uglier than the standard Mk6 Golf!  Plus this one has a crap engine, lowest spec, over 155k miles...  Absolutely not worth stealing.  And definitely not worth repairing.  Probably ran so they didn't have to give out insurance details, but obviously it only takes a reg plate and a 'good reason' to pull insurance details from the database.  People make poor decisions when they feel scared or trapped.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like that 7zap has now hidden part numbers from public view.  Looks like they're making it a paid service now. :sad: 

Catcar still works for now, but it's not as elegant as 7zap, and slightly less reliable in my experience.

(I also don't like this relentless 30c+ heatwave that has now lasted for more than a week!! 🥵 )

18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

(I also don't like this relentless 30c+ heatwave that has now lasted for more than a week!! 🥵 )

I don't mind the heat as long as I'm not at work. At work the heat/ sun warms the inside of our building by another 4-5c

Even outside you jump into to a vehicle that's been in the sun and your cooking as soon as you get in. 

I'm in 32c heat now but by choice and a pool nearby.( sunny Spain)

• Like 1

Each to their own. 

It's currently 33c in here with the curtains closed.  Small south facing flat with glass French doors is basically the same as a car parked in the sun all day. :sad: 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, iantt said:

I'm in 32c heat now but by choice and a pool nearby.( sunny Spain)

Going out in 3 weeks, hopefully it'll still be much the same 😎🍺🍺🍺

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

Too many beers tonight. Even the bar person says "the usual "every night now. Only been here since Thursday . Got our spot where we sit after tea Too easy to sit and drink and play cards in the heat. It's midnight and still 25c. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

Where abouts are you going? We are in almeria, very Spanish feel with hardly any foreigners here. Mainly Spanish with very young children . 

10 hours ago, iantt said:

Where abouts are you going? We are in almeria, very Spanish feel with hardly any foreigners here. Mainly Spanish with very young children . 

Benalmadena, been a few times now.

Cheap and easy to fly to Málaga airport, train to Benalmadena. 

We always go outwith UK school holidays so it seems fairly quiet and chilled out 😎 nice to sit in bars used by locals and just people watch. Good to see whole families having a meal and kids being allowed in and not made to leave by 8 o'clock like in this country.

Got a couple of favourite bars where the staff get to know your order as well. 

We have thought about Almeria but don't think that you can fly from Scotland 🤔

Enjoy the rest of your holiday 👍

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure I've posted in this thread before but what the heck.

I really really really don't like because of some foreign matter on the road my beloved Lexus is250 span out of control and got damaged beyond economical repair 😞

• Sad 3

I have been using a FREE council car park in Larne for over 25 years. (Left hand side was always FREE, right hand side was chargeable). On Saturday, we parked on left as usual, but on return, I had a £90 parking ticket on windscreen because it had now been converted to, 'pay & display'.

I don't mind the nominal charge now for parking, but the least Council could have done was install a banner over the entry gantry stating, 'This car park is now Pay & display'...

Instead they took a stealth approach, and after seeing my ticket, noticed I was far from being the only car caught out... theivin' gits!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

appeal the ticket due to poor or zero signage and change of normal usage, shoud be a slam dunk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

appeal the ticket due to poor or zero signage and change of normal usage, shoud be a slam dunk

Sadly, I've already appealed, and just got the result an hour ago, very quick! They said I never displayed a ticket LOL I know I didn't, never knew I had to 🤣 I have also informed my MP who confirmed receipt of my query yesterday, so I'm not dead yet!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StephenFord said:

but the least Council could have done was install a banner over the entry gantry stating, 'This car park is now Pay & display'...

Get photos of the Car Park and any and all signs that are posted around the car park. I've appealed and won on more than one occasion because signs were incorrect or incomplete. You'd be surprised at how many mistakes councils make, and fail to adhere to the "The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016"

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, unofix said:

Get photos of the Car Park and any and all signs that are posted around the car park. I've appealed and won on more than one occasion because signs were incorrect or incomplete. You'd be surprised at how many mistakes councils make, and fail to adhere to the "The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016"

Sadly I have already received a denial of the appeal. The letter I got however seems to be a generic one simply stating I was parked without displaying a valid ticket. I know that, I wasn't aware I need one, that was the whole point. On the letter it states, there is no right of appealing that decision.

I tried going back into the web site where I launched the appeal, and that option has now been removed from my case.

It's a ***** disgrace! Apparently it was only 'converted' from FREE to pay & display 3 weeks ago after being FREE for over 20 years. I have now involved my MP on the case, and have also written directly to the CEO of the Council. I'm not the type just to roll over LOL If I'd been aware that the car park had been converted, I would have simply paid the couple of quid, but hard to do so when you don't know!

• Like 2

Don't like that I managed to slip with a screwdriver and rammed it in the base of a finger, tearing the flesh to the bone. Luckily I missed any nerves as I can still feel and move finger. Surprised how little it bled. 

• Sad 4

• 2 weeks later...

I never like shopping round for car insurance but I'm just doing the exercise for the Mrs's SEAT Mii, so I've got a benchmark when her renewal notice turns up.

You usually see a wide variation anyway, but this time it seems nuts. On several well known comparison sites I've had prices ranging from about £150 to £1100+! 

Also a thing I've not noticed before - couple of the quotes had an option to pay extra to offset your CO2 emissions. Somehow I don't think we'll be taking that one up!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club