Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

What kind of selfish eejit parks, blocking someone in on their driveway! The guy got off lightly just having a note left on his windscreen...

Sent a police submission off for anti social behaviour. I also sent a email to the van rental company to complain about this with pictures and reg and requested if they can give a formal warning to the person who rented the van about this. 

Last thing I want is doing something stupid that might give me a criminal record or worst or my grandparents house or car gets damaged from retaliation. Grandad already has health issues and gran is in hospital currently to treat her mental health.

My grandad said he had this happen before recently which I suspect is the same van. Once I saw his car parked at an angle in the driveway and he stated someone parked in front which made it tight for him to drive in.

Somebody must have got fed up yesterday, I live near Ewood Park and people park so theres only one lane on a nearby street, I nipped out for some bits yesterday and the whole row of over 20+ cars had had thier road facing wing and door mirrors smashed off. I dont think they'll park there again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jimpster said:

Somebody must have got fed up yesterday, I live near Ewood Park and people park so theres only one lane on a nearby street, I nipped out for some bits yesterday and the whole row of over 20+ cars had had thier road facing wing and door mirrors smashed off. I dont think they'll park there again.

Was it you?? 🤣

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jimpster said:

I nipped out for some bits yesterday

..... a small crowbar, a sledgehammer, and not forgetting the loaf of bread 🤣

• Haha 2

Is it just me, but has YouTube put more and more adverts into their videos over the last week or so?   I know last week they stopped the use of ad-blockers on their site, which may be the reason.  I use Opera browser which has an ad-blocker so had to change the settings to allow them.

2 minutes ago, Jim H said:

Is it just me, but has YouTube put more and more adverts into their videos over the last week or so?   I know last week they stopped the use of ad-blockers on their site, which may be the reason.  I use Opera browser which has an ad-blocker so had to change the settings to allow them.

Yep, they stopped me using my adblocker as well, bl**dy annoying. Though to be fair, I only get one 5 second ad at the beginning of a session, then that's it. Still, I kinda hate YouTube for controlling me now.

4 minutes ago, Jim H said:

has YouTube put more and more adverts into their videos over the last week or so?

Yes definitely !!! 🙁

On longer shows they insert ads into the runtime, i try to avoid youtube wherever possible now, tho was never a great consumer of its produce.

16 hours ago, Jim H said:

Tried Brave browser/app? Seems to block ads 👍

• Like 2

will give it a run around the block ---- eeeek see what i did there haha

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like the look of this. 2 year old Ecoboost with 65,000 on the clock.

Wet oil pump belt stripped!

Screenshot_20231115-135718.png

• Sad 4

Nothing new unfortunately. Lad at work, his ecoboost fiesta has lost oil pressure . Bits of belt in the strainer no doubt. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, RayC333 said:

I don't like the look of this. 2 year old Ecoboost with 65,000 on the clock.

Wet oil pump belt stripped!

Screenshot_20231115-135718.png

That looks like the cam chain 1.0 ecoboost with 8 speed auto from a focus 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, iantt said:

That looks like the cam chain 1.0 ecoboost

That's good to know. At least the OP won't need to worry about bits of cambelt disintegrating and blocking the oil pump 🙄 and on another plus side the engine may be wrecked but the timing chain should be OK 🤣

Perhaps it's time Ford just gave up on ICE

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, unofix said:

🙄 🤣

Perhaps it's time Ford just gave up on ICE

Glad it was you who said that and not me!! 

• Haha 3

Noticed an odd occurrence this morning.  Xbox needed a small update of around 3GB.  Decided to just wait for it.  (Usually they're 40GB+ so I switch the TV off to save power.)

Watching the download speed at around 50MBPS, suddenly it dropped to around 30MBPS just as the fridge compressor kicked in.  Fridge is probably 20ft from the Xbox.  Not between Xbox & router.  Speed shot back up to 55MB as soon as the compressor cut out again!  Surely that can't be a coincidence? :unsure: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Noticed an odd occurrence this morning.  Xbox needed a small update of around 3GB.  Decided to just wait for it.  (Usually they're 40GB+ so I switch the TV off to save power.)

suddenly it dropped to around 30MBPS just as the fridge compressor kicked in.  Surely that can't be a coincidence? :unsure: 

My grandson would find that quite 'cool' 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/16/2023 at 1:02 PM, TomsFocus said:

Watching the download speed at around 50MBPS, suddenly it dropped to around 30MBPS just as the fridge compressor kicked in.  Fridge is probably 20ft from the Xbox.  Not between Xbox & router.  Speed shot back up to 55MB as soon as the compressor cut out again!  Surely that can't be a coincidence? :unsure: 

If you've got a FTTC (fibre to cabinet) connection then the last run from cabinet to your property is still twisted copper pair phone lines, and is still subject to electromagnetic interference/noise. Things like boilers or compressors turning on and off can create bursts of noise resulting in increased errors and lower throughput or even disconnections of the line.
This time of year, people start slinging up cheap lights etc. and they can cause just as much interference in the connection and knock peoples services out if they are that noisy.

If your router is far enough away from the fridge, and you're using wireless to connect from the Xbox to the router, then the same noise could impact the wireless connection. If you're connected via ethernet/lan cable, then that should be safe enough from noise (twisted pairs) to avoid many errors, but it's not completely blocked from picking up noise (you'd need shield cables for that).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Yaz.  It is a WiFi connection.  Can't stand cables running everywhere! 

Laptop, phone, Xbox & printer all work on WiFi.  Don't think I've plugged in an ethernet cable at home for about 15 years.

• Like 1

Don't like having to get up and walk all the way over to my wallet for just £2 after Google/Microsoft keep failing to authenticate my saved card online. :rolleyes:

Anyone else had trouble with that this week?  Happened a few days ago as well.  Just says the CVC is wrong each time.

Card still works fine with manual input.  Saved authentication still works fine on my phone.  It's just the laptop it no longer works on.  Baffled... :unsure:

Give me your card number and cvc number and I will try see if it's just you or general issue? 

• Haha 5

I only use google wallet and have no issues, my card hasnt left my wallet in months, Clear your cache and data, delete wallet the reinstall and setup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iantt said:

By the way , what's the limit on your card? 🤣🤣🤣

Limit?  It's not one of those new fangled credit cards.  :laugh:

Doesn't even have an overdraft allowance.  Anyone trying to clone it would be sorely disappointed. :unsure:

2 hours ago, Jimpster said:

I only use google wallet and have no issues, my card hasnt left my wallet in months, Clear your cache and data, delete wallet the reinstall and setup.

I'm not sure whether this is Google or Microsoft.  It just seems to be part of Edge, not a separate app. 

I did try removing it then adding it again but still the same. 🤔

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club