Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

pull em out clean the contacts, refit new, good to go ------ hopefully

• Like 1

Don't like that I went to hospital for chest pain clinic and came out with statins for chloresterol and told to cut down on sugar and carbs for diabetes even though last tests were just in the normal range when the GP surgery checked them. 

And 3 items on prescription I couldn't desypher. Good job boots pharmacy could read it. Shame they had nothing in stock. 

Just got to wait for CT scan appointment ( to see if I've got a heart according to my partner) 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

4 minutes ago, iantt said:

Don't like that I went to hospital for chest pain clinic and came out with statins for chloresterol...

Like many on here, I've been on them for years. I've also had triple heart bypass, mechanical heart valve,and 3 separate cancer diagnosis, most recently bowel,all successfully treated by NHS, various other issues (post isn't long enough!) oh,and I'm also diabetic 🤣 As long as you're 'in the system', the NHS will keep you alive. Best of luck...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, iantt said:

Just got to wait for CT scan appointment ( to see if I've got a heart according to my partner) 

Last time I had my heart scanned I jokingly asked about the other one, seeing as I'm a Time Lord like Dr Who. Went down like a lead balloon - they've probably heard it a million times!

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Last time I had my heart scanned I jokingly asked about the other one, seeing as I'm a Time Lord like Dr Who. Went down like a lead balloon - they've probably heard it a million times!

I will have to remember that one. 😂

Heart, Diabetes, Digestive amongst other bits youll soon get to the part where i am where i loathe being lectured by medical staff. It's all in how they deliver it, freindly chat or YOU MUST. Grrrrrrrr, i can feel my blood pressure rising

5 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

Heart, Diabetes, Digestive amongst other bits youll soon get to the part where i am where i loathe being lectured by medical staff. It's all in how they deliver it, freindly chat or YOU MUST. Grrrrrrrr, i can feel my blood pressure rising

The nurse in charge was scary. 

Decided when I got home I wasn't diabetic just yet and called into Tesco where I bought a pack of 5 white choc cookies and ate them all before I got home again. 

• Haha 5

Had my MOT last week nurse that took the bloods was an ar5e, The one that gave me my results was brilliant, explained eveything in detail. Am being a good boy apparently all my markers are where they should be and she suggested Cod liver oil capsules 1000mg to boost my vit A +D which will reduce my numbers further. Tonights tea a chinese had a fortune cookie that said i will have a long life and eat plenty of fortune cookies HAHA

4 hours ago, iantt said:

I went to hospital for chest pain clinic

Probably just range anxiety 🤣

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, unofix said:

Probably just range anxiety 🤣

And that's me needing the toilet! 

• Haha 3

On 3/25/2024 at 4:58 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

When I first applied for a passport, due to our location, the interview took place online. After a few minutes chitchat to lighten the mood the interview started. After a few questions the interviewer asked me where I worked. I replied 'Local council depot ' he then asked me how many people worked there! Apparently 'About half of them ' was the wrong answer! 😀

Cue tumbleweed moment! 

• Haha 7

Back to a past topic, was wandering round WWW land in regards Ccleaner, allegedly it has been hacked in the past and now sold to Avast. I will no longer use and recommend.

26 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

Back to a past topic, was wandering round WWW land in regards Ccleaner, allegedly it has been hacked in the past and now sold to Avast. I will no longer use and recommend.

I really wouldn't be concerned. Sony, FaceBook, Yahoo, Capital One, eBay, JD Sports, Linkedin, and 100s of other companies (that we know of!) have all been hacked. Just one of the numerous side effects of being online.

I used CCleaner only this morning on LapTop and Android - wouldn't let it put me off...

• Like 2

The front end has changed on the health check option, we'll see. But its gone for now

New batteries in phone handset and alarm clock, both working again, for now at least. :smile: 

Can almost guarantee the battery will fail in my only analogue clock next week.  Always seems to shortly after the clocks change!

While we're in the don't like thread, as I've mentioned before, I don't like the bewildering amount of confusing choice in everything nowadays...  Any recommendation on SIPP providers?  Or ones to avoid?  Just trying to understand the fees has already exceeded my brainpower for the day. :unsure: 

• Like 1

I'm no help as I just had to Google sipp. 😂

• Haha 3

On 3/22/2024 at 4:55 PM, Nick Y said:

So, we're approaching 8 weeks since I bought my used Mk8 Fiesta ST-Line X MHEV 155 from a known dealership. 
When agreeing the purchase, the dealer agreed to rectify a few little faults and order new parts. 
These included a new offside mirror indicator lens and a new parcel shelf along with sorting out the key batteries. 

I'm still waiting for said parts to be delivered to the dealership and for them to contact me to arrange the fitting of the parts. 

Also, I believe that one of the key fobs is either not programmed to the car or just doesn't work at all. 
I changed the battery in both fobs with brand new ones and only one works. So that's another thing to add to the list of bits. 

Update on this:
I spoke to the salesman yesterday and the indicator lens has arrived but the parcel shelf is still on back order. He's going to borrow one from another vehicle until mine arrives. 
Also, they are going to check why the second fob doesn't work and retape part of the driver side skirt which has come unstuck.
I've to take it to them on Friday next week but have to call him on Wednesday with a convenient time.  

• Like 1

progress, kick ar5e works wonders, with some added leverage. The housing association i volunteer for , hates me, worst thing they ever did having me on their team. I take NO prisoners

18 hours ago, iantt said:

I'm no help as I just had to Google sipp. 😂

Must be too many youngsters on here! :laugh: 

Basically it's a private pension.  I'm still not understanding the fees though.  I kept reading that the basic annual fees are about 0.2-0.4% for the big providers, which sounds perfectly fine.  But the company who initially offered me this (one that I bank with already) charge an additional flat rate 'admin fee' of around £150 a year, which sounds considerably less fine!  I can't see this flat rate admin fee on the charges with any other provider, not even the one who my suggested provider is piggybacking, but guessing it must be?  Odd thing is, the minimum payment is £25 a month...so anyone paying that would lose 50% of their pay in to the admin fee each year.  I must be missing something here... :unsure:

26 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Must be too many youngsters on here! :laugh: 

Basically it's a private pension.  I'm still not understanding the fees though.  I kept reading that the basic annual fees are about 0.2-0.4% for the big providers, which sounds perfectly fine.  But the company who initially offered me this (one that I bank with already) charge an additional flat rate 'admin fee' of around £150 a year, which sounds considerably less fine!  I can't see this flat rate admin fee on the charges with any other provider, not even the one who my suggested provider is piggybacking, but guessing it must be?  Odd thing is, the minimum payment is £25 a month...so anyone paying that would lose 50% of their pay in to the admin fee each year.  I must be missing something here... :unsure:

Is there no such thing as a FREE financial advisor anymore? Admittedly I used one, though years ago before all the 'compare' web sites sprung up 😂 I use to work in financial services 40 odd years ago, before you even needed exams, even then I found it all very complicated!

• Like 2

Thats one of the few financial things I've never got my head around. Unfortunately the trade I'm in  has historically been poorly paid so never was able to put significant amount into private pension. Company pensions were never a thing in the trade either. Only recently since gov law changes have I been enrolled in to company schemes and even then they are pretty worthless. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Is there no such thing as a FREE financial advisor anymore?

That doesn't sound like a financially beneficial role. :laugh: 

Tbh there probably are, but not easily accessible for myself.  My circumstances are fairly unique as well, so generic info from places like CAB doesn't help.  I may just have to email one or two of the providers directly to ask but rarely ever get useful answers from doing that, generally just directed back to the webpage I've already read or given generic rubbish that doesn't apply in my case.

Paypal are moving to compound interest, head mashed

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

That doesn't sound like a financially beneficial role. :laugh:

They usually had a portfolio of about a dozen different companies so worked on the commission should you select an option.

As you know, in recent years I have been 'highlighting' the decline of our modern world against the elderly/vulnerable, (since becoming the primary carer of my mum in her late 80s). Numerous things that use to just work, don't any longer. I think you've just discovered another...

• Like 1

This society never really has worked for me.  May have discovered why in my late 20's, although ironically I couldn't access the formal assessment to prove it.  Knowing why didn't make any practical improvement anyway. 

Just had to try and do whatever I could myself (including vehicle maintenance for example) and do without anything I couldn't manage alone.  That was working ok until the sudden physical decline about 5 years ago, which was inevitable given my situation, and lack of access to medical services, but it was like a house of cards, once one thing got knocked out, the rest came tumbling down as well.  Obviously the biggest one being losing the ability to drive around 3 years ago, in a world now built around cars.

As I only ever 'scraped by' with one option for completing each task, couldn't fall back on alternative options or adapt to any new ones.  I also don't believe the rest of society should be adapting to, or paying extra for, my unique situation either.  It is rightly built for the needs of the many, but it does mean I've reached an impasse. 

Still, I have to be grateful for living in the internet age.  Would have been in an even worse position if I'd been born 50 years earlier.

(Not looking for sympathy or violins lol, it is what it is. :smile: )

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club