Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Not Happy, not happy at all !!!!

Went out this morning to do a favor for a friend and on the way there I ran over what seemed like a flat bit of metal, about the size and shape of a tea tray. Now I have TWO very flat tyres both on the nearside. Looks like whatever it was that I ran over has punctured my tyres 🙁

• Sad 4

6 minutes ago, unofix said:

... Looks like whatever it was that I ran over has punctured my tyres 🙁

You going to start a new thread with what to replace them with? People love giving their opinion on stuff like that!

• Haha 1

Just now, StephenFord said:

People love giving their opinion on stuff like that!

Please No !!!

I'd rather start a new thread on "my Stop/Starts not working" 🤣

• Haha 2

Time to put new sensors on. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, iantt said:

Time to put new sensors on. 

Yes indeed. 👍

By a strange bit of good luck I have a couple of new sensors in my spares cabinet 🤣

At least it wasn't the wheel that I'd just changed the sensor on, if it had been I'd have been even more annoyed.

8 hours ago, unofix said:

Yes indeed. 👍

By a strange bit of good luck I have a couple of new sensors in my spares cabinet 🤣

At least it wasn't the wheel that I'd just changed the sensor on, if it had been I'd have been even more annoyed.

Should have another spare one arrive to put in your spares cabinet early next week. 

• Thanks 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cjr7z907ndlo

Not looking forward to tomorrow's flight out of Birmingham. Been chaos this week with passengers missing flights due to ongoing security improvements causing very long delays.  In complete contrast to our  experience at East Midlands in January when the place looked closed . 

• Sad 2

Went through in 10 mins. Obviously got there act together after the chaos of earlier in the week. 

• Like 3

Flew on a faulty aircraft, announced no Aircon while waiting to push back , then there was trouble starting the engines. Got the first engine going then reved that up shaking the aircraft. That obviously got enough compressed air to get 2nd one going . 

When we landed and stopped engines everything went dark and emergency lighting came on. All sounded like aux power unit fault. 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, iantt said:

... All sounded like aux power unit fault. 

You sure it wasn't wet belt issues??

• Haha 2

Here's an interesting one...

On a short walk around the block I found a knife in the road.  Fairly large kitchen prep type knife.  Not the sort of thing anyone should be carrying innocently in public.

May have dropped from a house clearance skip or something...but seems more likely connected with crime, potentially used to hold up a co op or petrol station and discarded from a car window.

Surprisingly I can't find any way to report this online.  It's not covered under any of the specific crimes that can be reported.  I can't use phones to call 101 and can't travel to the local station.  

I didn't pick it up as A - I didn't have any gloves or tissue, and B - didn't want to be seen carrying a massive knife along the pavement!

I'll take a glove next time I go out and chuck it in the nearest dustbin if no one else moves it in the meantime.

Interested to know what anyone else would have done with it?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I didn't pick it up as A - I didn't have any gloves or tissue''

Good decision, the last thing you'd want is your fingerprints on it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

You sure it wasn't wet belt issues??

Well it certainly was stop start issue. 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Possibly battery with a low charge failing. Did you see any jump leads ?

10 hours ago, Jimpster said:

Possibly battery with a low charge failing. Did you see any jump leads ?

They did have  to attach a power supply to get the lights back on. 

• Haha 1

I don't like it being the last day of our week in Spain 😞

Been planning our next visit hopefully in September/October and again in March for my 60th birthday.

• Like 1

have you considered moving there ????????

7 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like it being the last day of our week in Spain 😞

Been planning our next visit hopefully in September/October and again in March for my 60th birthday.

Benalmadena? 

Our last full day in Cyprus tomorrow then home Sunday. 

Planned our next hol Spain in sept. Not counting the days ,hours, minutes, seconds though. Much. . 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jimpster said:

have you considered moving there ????????

Yes! Can't afford it though! 😞

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Benalmadena? 

Our last full day in Cyprus tomorrow then home Sunday. 

Planned our next hol Spain in sept. Not counting the days ,hours, minutes, seconds though. Much. . 🤣

Yes, Benalmadena, how did you know? 🤔 Love it here, chilled out, not too busy this time of year but most places open.

Enjoy your holiday when it comes 👍

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Turvey said:

Yes! Can't afford it though! 😞

Yes, Benalmadena, how did you know? 🤔 

👍

You may have mentioned it every time you went🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

I don't like that my time volunteering at the heritage railway came to an end yesterday after 9 months and 200+ hours. 
Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about the situation either so will now be taking a few months out to focus on myself. 
It seems that being autistic is a huge issue for me and some other people. 

• Sad 7

3 hours ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like that my time volunteering at the heritage railway came to an end yesterday after 9 months and 200+ hours. 

Sorry to see that Nick. Obviously can't comment on your particular case, but I do know of several people who have ended their support, financial and otherwise, for that organisation as they disagreed with the way things were going, so I wouldn't necessarily assume you were the issue.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, iantt said:

12 hours ago, Turvey said:

Yes, Benalmadena, how did you know? 🤔 Love it here, chilled out, not too busy this time of year but most places open.

Out of interest, what's the main attraction?  There are plenty of places I'd like to go (if a miracle occurs) but never really considered Spain as I can't stand the heat.  Just wondering if it's about some of the experiences or more about just relaxing in the sun?

3 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about the situation either so will now be taking a few months out to focus on myself. 
It seems that being autistic is a huge issue for me and some other people. 

Poss a silly question, do you, they come under disability discrimination legislation and a breach ? Sue their AR5E if not for yourself but anyone that comes after. Dont dwell or get mad, GET EVEN, people know never to cross me without reason.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club