Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Washer Fluid!!!

sonic113

Is it possible to get the low washer fluid warning to work on the focus? I think I read somewhere that some people added in a sensor to the washer bottle or something.

I did activate it through elmconfig but the Low washer fluid message stayed on the dash screen even after I topped it up with 2 litres of water so I turned it back of again.

Has anyone got any tips or guides for this mod or what to check for as it would be great to see when the washers need a top up rather than wait until they run dry lol! :)

Thanks

It works on my MK2 & I've next seen lots of people on here starting topics with issues around this.

Has it ever worked on your car or has it always been 'broken'?

cheak under front right wing behind the liner to see if you have the wiring if you do

get the sensor off e bay then turn it on with elmconfig

Ford removed this option on the Focus MK2 from a certain production date. As far as I know the MK2.5 did never had this option.

How easy it is to retrofit the low washer fluid warning depends on what parts are actually pre-fitted to the car. In some rare cases all parts are already present and this function only needs to be activated in the instrument cluster configuration. In other cases the sensor is the only missing part and needs to be installed. There are also cases where both the sensor and the wiring in the engine bay are missing.

My Mk2.5 has the low washer warning... It is an early one being an '08 though.

i have it on mine, muhahaha! it definately is a good thing to have

My Mk2.5 has the low washer warning... It is an early one being an '08 though.

Your car may have the low washer warning system because it has the Titanium X trim level. In the Netherlands the Titanium X was not available. The highest MK2.5 trim level in the Netherlands was the Titanium which did not have the low washer warning system.

My old 2005 Focus MK2 did have the low washer warning system and my current 2013 Focus MK3 does also have it.

Going to check mine out soon but its there on elmconfig

I am sure its got the wiring hope so

it is easy to get working your self.ive done it on my titanium focus fl .all i needed was the float for washer bottle and a lenght of wire.

the wheel arch drivers side needs removing with the bottle.put a hole in the bottle to take the float ,look on internet for pics where it goes.then you need to conect a wire from the connector run it along the back of engin bay and through the fire wall into the pasenger foot well .one of the connectors behind the carpet has the wire that goes to the clocks,i think its black with orange stripe.

connect to that and turn on with elm.nearly forgot you need to run a wire from the plug under the wing to earth hth

Going to check mine out soon but its there on elmconfig

I am sure its got the wiring hope so

Every Focus MK2/MK2.5 instrument cluster has this option (but in many cases it is not active). This option can be retrofitted to every Focus MK2/MK2.5. I retrofitted this option on a several different Focus MK2/MK2.5 versions. About 50% of these cars did have the wiring. The other 50% did not have the wiring.

don't sound that hard to put in myself I will see what they cost on the bay

i never had the wire from the plug under the wheel arch to the passenger footwell so added it

Your car may have the low washer warning system because it has the Titanium X trim level. In the Netherlands the Titanium X was not available. The highest MK2.5 trim level in the Netherlands was the Titanium which did not have the low washer warning system.

Technically mine is just a Titanium...but with the X pack added as an option so I kinda decided it should be a Titanium X. :lol: I thought the X pack was only the heated leathers though?

Thanks fellas for the replys. I guess I will have to take off the driver side wheel arch and check if there is any wiring or plugs wrapped up and hidden away.

If I get a chance over the weekend I will check it out and get back to you all.

In the main time does anyone have a link to what is needed to add this (the sensor part) and Amy kind of guide to fit it as this may help myself and others who want to fit at some point.

one of these and some wire and conecters that will fit into the plugs each end

make sure your float has the rubber to seal into the bottle

post-32857-0-34629100-1431729738.jpg

All the focus climate had them if poss easier to just take the whole lot from a zetec climate

one of these and some wire and conecters that will fit into the plugs each end

make sure your float has the rubber to seal into the bottle

attachicon.giffloat.JPG

Anyone have a link of where to get the full float and sealing rubber e bay just seems to sell

the floats thanks

As Artscot said why dont you just get the complete unit from a breakers yard? Probably be cheaper and less hassle.

• Like 1

no breaker yards near me miles away cost me more in fuel

just wondering if main dealer will have the rubber seals

They should have the seals but you never know when they will make you buy the whole unit! Worth checking it out though. Keep an eye on eBay too for the full bottle with all the bits included.

yes more that likey

how about fords.cant cost that much surely

Hi guys,

I did this recently on my 2007 Focus Ghia. As has been mentioned before you
can get a generic float switch from eBay for about £7 but the problem is I dont
think they come with the grommet (which is an odd shape, like an O ring but
with a flat on one side). I would have preferred to get a new switch but couldn’t
find anyone to sell me the grommet (apart from Ford but that is always a last
resort, I am not made of money!)

Luckily I have a scrap yard nearby so I was able to get the float switch, grommet
(and loom, see below) from an old C Max. For £5

Whether you get a new float switch or an old one save yourself some hassle
and make sure you also get the short loom that feeds the float switch and
washer pump (mine was: 3M5T-F221050-BE but this wasnt off a Focus). There is a multipin
plug under the plastic trim panel surrounding the washer bottle filler. This will
plug into the loom that feeds your washer pump. If the car has never been
fitted with a level sensor this short loom will be missing the wires for the
float switch. If you get the new loom it is a very easy job. You will have to
drill a hole in the tank for the float switch but this is very obviously
marked. Then it is just one “tick” on ELMCONFIG and you are done, a very cheap
and satisfying job!

Now I need to sort out my bluetooth / voice control problems...

Harry

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I did this recently on my 2007 Focus Ghia. As has been mentioned before you

can get a generic float switch from eBay for about £7 but the problem is I dont

think they come with the grommet (which is an odd shape, like an O ring but

with a flat on one side). I would have preferred to get a new switch but couldn’t

find anyone to sell me the grommet (apart from Ford but that is always a last

resort, I am not made of money!)

Luckily I have a scrap yard nearby so I was able to get the float switch, grommet

(and loom, see below) from an old C Max. For £5

Whether you get a new float switch or an old one save yourself some hassle

and make sure you also get the short loom that feeds the float switch and

washer pump (mine was: 3M5T-F221050-BE but this wasnt off a Focus). There is a multipin

plug under the plastic trim panel surrounding the washer bottle filler. This will

plug into the loom that feeds your washer pump. If the car has never been

fitted with a level sensor this short loom will be missing the wires for the

float switch. If you get the new loom it is a very easy job. You will have to

drill a hole in the tank for the float switch but this is very obviously

marked. Then it is just one “tick” on ELMCONFIG and you are done, a very cheap

and satisfying job!

Now I need to sort out my Bluetooth / voice control problems...

Harry

Great advice fella.

I must get a look at mine this week to see if I have the wiring in the existing loom first then I can make a list of what materials I need from there.

Great advice fella.

I must get a look at mine this week to see if I have the wiring in the existing loom first then I can make a list of what materials I need from there.

try looking in the passenger foot well.behind the carpet at the connectors.you should see a black with orange strip wire ,if its one side of the plug and not the other then you know the wires not there to the wash bottle

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club