Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Obd Security 'databloc Ford Protection'

whatwasthat

Those are usually marked with a 'Do Not Flash' message or logo on them.

I had one on my mk2 to stop a garage randomly plugging in and wiping remap software.

Unless it has a lock on it then as a security device I'm afraid to say (apologies for being blunt here) it's as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Thatcham approved my left buttock!

• Like 1

The docs seem to sell it on the fact that it will slow down access to the port as thieves will have one more barrier to overcome. But if it's just a push on cap then that's a bit of a scam.

If it fits on REALLY tightly then it might be better that nothing at all?, still won't stop a thief of course. Does seem like they are taking advantage of people's concerns about the issue though.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Their claims do seem to be bovine faeces to me.

• Like 2

I'll not bother then & spend £20 on wine instead :)

• Like 2

Looks like it's a fatchum approved product?

Looks like kak to me ! :)

• Like 1

The documentation says that removing the "device" is not straightforward and can take several minutes. If this is true then it might serve its purpose, especially if it's very difficult to remove without first getting into the car so you can see what you're doing. But if there is some special technique / tools required then the thieves will get their hands on them anyway.

I'm interested to know what it's like when fitted though, and if it is difficult to remove without knowing how.

I truly hope it wasn't a waste of money and if it does serve it'd purpose then that is great!

Hi

Databloc port detector

I made this purchase 'at risk ' as I could not find anything about it. I was hoping to be impressed, but.....

1. There were no fitting or removal instructions even though it just pushes over the port.

2. I could not find any evidence of Thatcham approval on the Thatcham website.

3. The box was massive for the size of the item so it looked to be more than it was.

4. What was the point of the databloc identification number?

5. The cost of fitting by an approved installer would have been £80 for 10 minutes work.

Bottom line, I was very disappointed and I will go for the Gingerflame suggestion and move the port and fit a dummy one. I have already unclipped the port and pushed it behind the dashboard. The Databloc port cover fitted in the hole which was left and I will get a dummy port to complete the job.

I have learned a lesson, if it looks too good to be true...it is!

• Like 4

Well could be worse least its only £20 & not £100's

• Like 1

I'm looking at another simple fix for this... I have a pocket around my OBD port, I'm contemplating fitting a glove box lock to it...

The real OBD protector is £130, and there's a good reason they cost that much.

Pictures are Transit Protector but fiesta is similar.

p.s. No such thing as a master key on vehicles, cars can be picked open. No need to smash the glass.

post-11192-0-27768800-1433840353_thumb.j

post-11192-0-58720700-1433841190_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club