Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Rattles In Your Fiesta?

PhDream

8 minutes ago, Cooper said:

2nd time lucky.. apparently it was the wheel bearing I collected it today and took it for a long drive.  no sound at all.  I did notice on full turning  of the steering wheel a slight rubbing noise but id guess that's normal after having new ones put in. if it continues after a few days il take it back.

Sweet! Glad you were able to get it sorted and by Ford too. I hope it was all under warranty and that you didn't have to pay for it. Hopefully you shouldn't have any further problems.

No idea why it should make a rubbing noise though, I'm not familiar with that one; perhaps it's as you say, it could be just that it's new.

All the best. :laugh:

Ive previously mentioned rattles from both my seat belt sliders. Im thinking there is a couple of screws loose in both of the back door cards... 

Ive recently had my rear windows tinted. Pretty sure theyve had the door cards off so.. ive got a feeling they havent tightened the screws back on enough.. anyone have any ideas how to take the rear door cards off?

3 hours ago, Obnoxious said:

Sweet! Glad you were able to get it sorted and by Ford too. I hope it was all under warranty and that you didn't have to pay for it. Hopefully you shouldn't have any further problems.

No idea why it should make a rubbing noise though, I'm not familiar with that one; perhaps it's as you say, it could be just that it's new.

All the best. :laugh:

all under warranty, no charge to me thank goodness.. I mentioned to Ford twice about wheel bearings etc, when I rang today, the technician said, ' you previously mentioned about wheel bearing's, well it turns out it was !! :wallbash: 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have a 5 door, late 2014 Fiesta Titanium.

From new I had clonking from the rear that sounded like bad shock absorber(s) - turned out to be the folding rear seat catches were rattling.  Ford dealer "fixed" it by wrapping black electricians tape around the latching bars.  That did not last long so I took it back and sarcastically asked them to apply more cellotape and string - this time they plastered it with grease - which has so far worked!

I also have the intermittent B pillar rattle, both sides.  Others think this is something to do with the seat belt sliders but mine appears to be sourced quite low down, near the bottom of the pillar.

Sick of the speaker rattling on the passenger side front door. Also the friggin front plastic pillars which rattle on rough roads.

Can't say I've noticed any rattles... That being said, the dash makes some interesting noises while it's cooling down after a few hours in the sun.

21 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

Sick of the speaker rattling on the passenger side front door. Also the friggin front plastic pillars which rattle on rough roads.

Interesting you mention this, because I had what I thought was a rattle from this speaker, which turned out to be something else.

On the top lip of the door bin trim at it's left-hand end there is a 'junction' with the plastic trim behind running vertically, and a very small gap (< 1mm) between them. At high enough speaker volumes, the plastic movement was enough to cause the two bits to touch together and produce a rattling/buzzing noise. A small piece of rubber wedged in the gap sorted it. Worth a look.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rpb424 said:

A small piece of rubber wedged in the gap sorted it. Worth a look.

I shall have a look mate.

I've never taken the door panel off as the plastic plug/cover behind the lever/latch, at £8 for a plastic cover I'd rather turn the bass right down...cheaper option.

Anyone removed the front plastic pillar covers ? Easy job ? Breakable ? What's causing the rattle ?.... Sick of them rattling on rough roads!

• Like 1

I had an annoying rattle from what seemed like the driver's side window. It turned out to be a failed tack weld inside the door where the side impact bar meets the door skin. The sound propagated to the top of the door/window. I could also hear the rattle when shutting the door.

I managed to fix it by removing the door card and window, then packing the small gap around the weld with metal epoxy. 

The attached image shows the view looking down between the door skin and inside of the door with the window removed. The weldt that failed is in the centre of the image.

IMG_20160803_141241.jpg

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old post but this might be useful to somebody...... spend a couple of hours today trying to diagnose a rattle coming from front nearside when driving over bumps..... couldn't see anything initially, then finally noticed an almost complete ring of the coil-spring had snapped-off but was still retained. So rattled away like jingle bells when going over bumps. Interestingly hadn't felt any change to ride or handling (2010 Fiesta Zetec 1.4 petrol).

• 5 months later...

I have an intermittent rattle in the right side of the car for a few month now, into passenger door. It's a plastic rattle or moving pieces of a motor? temperature doesn't make difference (living in Québec, Canada), mostly heard over 90 km/h.  Enough disturbing that I think a may remove the door panel...to see what's going on.  I feel it's like some electronic/electric device (such as window or automatic door lock) stay a bit engaged....

• 2 months later...

I’ve got a 2014 Ford Fiesta Zetec S and I can hear a vibration sort of sound in the centre front of my car. When I hit a bump/pothole thats enough to cause vibration it of course makes the noise as the vibrations travel through the car, then stops when I’m on a smooth road. It almost sounds like a vibration/tapping sound 

I’ve tried whilst driving holding the rear view mirror, the wires next to my mirror,  the sun visors, even the roof where my roof and front windscreen meet and I can’t find it! It still does it 

Any suggestion of what it could be are welcome please 

Thanks guys 

• 1 month later...

I’ve got a rattle at the front left side of the car it’s not constant just when I start up and turn engine off and every now and again whilst driving? 

any help would be appreciated 

On 8/26/2016 at 8:58 PM, rob61280 said:

I had an annoying rattle from what seemed like the driver's side window. It turned out to be a failed tack weld inside the door where the side impact bar meets the door skin. The sound propagated to the top of the door/window. I could also hear the rattle when shutting the door.

I managed to fix it by removing the door card and window, then packing the small gap around the weld with metal epoxy. 

The attached image shows the view looking down between the door skin and inside of the door with the window removed. The weldt that failed is in the centre of the image.

IMG_20160803_141241.jpg

I think i have this or similar on my drivers side door, very metallic rattle on some music and when sometimes shutting the door, have put sound deadening on some of the inside of the door with what i can reach through the speaker whole but will see if i can see anything like this tomorrow, if i tap the outside of the door near the middle it buzzes so am assuming it may be this

On 8/26/2016 at 8:58 PM, rob61280 said:

IMG_20160803_141241.jpg

Hi Again, also did you have to take the inner door panel off to do this? 

Thanks again

Chris

• 1 year later...

Mine has a lightweight sounding metallic rattle at 3000revs. 
Above or below that it’s not there but annoyingly perfectly aligns it’s self with 60mph in 5th. 
pulls like a train,  very reliable overall but damn annoying noise and quite obvious. 
it’s done it for ages and no garage has ever been able to isolate it. Any ideas or solutions appreciated. 
Pete. 

Travelling at under 20mph I sometimes get a rattle from the back.   I thought it was the parcel shelf at first but I left it behind one day and still get exactly the same noise.   Can't make out what it is.

1 hour ago, Bobr said:

Travelling at under 20mph I sometimes get a rattle from the back.   I thought it was the parcel shelf at first but I left it behind one day and still get exactly the same noise.   Can't make out what it is.

Apologies if you already tried this. Iwonder if maybe you fold the back seats and look in the well where the seat sits, if anything in there Bob, or maybe the action of folding seat then putting back again might solve it.

2 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Apologies if you already tried this. Iwonder if maybe you fold the back seats and look in the well where the seat sits, if anything in there Bob, or maybe the action of folding seat then putting back again might solve it.

Thanks Steve.   I haven't tried it but I will just as soon as it stops raining.

On 12/6/2020 at 9:57 AM, Bobr said:

dont know if its the same as my 2011 but i moved the plate the boot locks to forward a few mm and sorted mine.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fiesta MK8 Yep I have a very feint plastic type vibration /rattle/creak from behind somewhere the steering wheel into dash maybe

Happens when braking whilst coming to a stop only and just a second or two before the car stops, doesnt do it any other time, it's a quietish one so thinking could be anything

I'm fed up of going to ford dealerships and never anything being found, car is three years old in March so my service Mot will be with my very trusted local non Ford garage, that has served me well for too many years to mention, which he always finds and fixes any niggles without returning again and again aka Ford garages

Three times for a new A pillar cover that doesn't fit properly, it's in again soon for another go, drives you mad days of work etc for it to still do the same thing

Also have a rattle on the air filter bbox under the bonnet on the connector post far right, put finger on it, it stops, let go it does it, like a rubber seal that it sits over a plastic sproggit, not really noticeable inside the car.

• 3 months later...

I was rattle free until a week ago, then leaving my parking space I heard what sounded like a spring break or come detached, stopped, had a look around, under the fiesta and in the boot, nothing obvious, but since then, this almost constant rattle like something's come lose. I'm going to take it to the garage, I can't see it stopping by itself. Ideas would be good. Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Bill P said:

almost constant rattle like something's come lose. 

Rear exhaust heat shields are prone to coming loose, if the crappy nuts haven't come off, then the alloy has corroded around the bolt, shield bangs on the chassis/exhaust, these things.....

001.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club