Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Got Flashed At A Red Light!!!

bhood1

So I was driving towards a junction and the light turned amber and I thought I could make it, but just as I went through, the light turned red and the camera flashed twice!! What I'm unsure of is if I will get a penalty. The camera was on the opposite side of the road facing the front of my car and from what I've read so far, the cameras can't flash the front of your car. Has anyone had a similar experience and not got a penalty or does everyone think I'll get the 3 points and a fine?

Not at a red light, but some years ago, like you I was flashed by a camera on the opposite side of the road.

The lane I was in (southbound), didn't have the road zone markings: the opposite lanes (northbound), both of them did

There wasn't anyone else on that section of road at the time, it was 2am, the camera double flashed - like it does.

Nothing came through post, no SP30's, no notification, and no fine. The reckoned, "if you don't hear in three weeks, you'll be OK" - came and went

camera's can flash you from the front. These I believe are the truvelo units.

Keep fingers crossed fella, but those camera's dont tend to flash unless the wiring is in the floor, and if the wiring is in the floor and the camera is looking at you, its not likely you will get away with it.

• Like 1

camera's can flash you from the front. These I believe are the truvelo units.

Keep fingers crossed fella, but those camera's dont tend to flash unless the wiring is in the floor, and if the wiring is in the floor and the camera is looking at you, its not likely you will get away with it.

I never knew that, well you learn something new everyday :)

aye, Gatso's are always rear facing. However Truvelo can be used both. When you look at traffic lights, or more specifically the road in front of them, there is normally embedded wires, in a kind of rhombus shape, these are the sensors to tell the lights a car is waiting. Some Truvelo camera's use these as a sensor to say the car has passed the white line on a red. Others, have painted white lines which house a sensor beyond the stop lines, and these are the ones that trip the red light camera.

If in doubt just use ABS!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't get a notice of prosecution through the mail before the 15th you will be okay.

Incorrect.

A driver who runs a red light will get a Fixed Penalty Notice within 28 days offering a penalty of £100 and 3 penalty points to be endorsed on their licence or if lucky (and elegibility criteria are met) a conditional offer the same as would be considered for excessive speed offences.

• Like 4

front facing Truveio cameras use an infrared flash as not to distract drivers so if you saw the falsh it was not a Truveio camera,

• Like 1

front facing Truveio cameras use an infrared flash as not to distract drivers so if you saw the falsh it was not a Truveio camera,

That's interesting to know.

The council is testing average speed cameras in my area now, in conjunction with Seimens (who are one of the areas larger employers). One has appeared at the bottom of my road. Can't quite see what they'll achieve with them in residential areas. Motorways and dualled trunk roads, might make some sense - but in the suburbs!??

Well for those who think they can get away with 40 in a 30 zone it could well work

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Well for those who think they can get away with 40 in a 30 zone it could well work

Thinking about it, the road at the bottom of my road, is the rat run/short cut route used by the Corfe Mullen traffic.

• Like 1

There you are then

• Like 1

If you don't get a notice of prosecution through the mail before the 15th you will be okay.

Incorrect they only have to issue a NIP within 14 days, how long it takes you to get it is irrelevant.

red light jumping is a fine only no points.

Used to be a £60 fine and 3 points, was when I got flashed by a red light camera quite a few years ago, I doubt it has changed since.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club